Page 52 of 616 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277102152552 ... LastLast

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Can I keep my pants on?
    Only if they're clear plastic, like his cousin Ezra.
    dreams. come. true.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRose View Post
    Gawrsh!!!

I go offline for a couple of days and look what I miss! 6 pages of catch-up reading in regards to a monumental announcement. Our beloved Mansion will be getting much more attention from the public over the next while. [And hopefully TDA will cut loose of the funds so Tony can install HBG.]
    If this movie takes off, my heartfelt, long-time wish for yours ghoully to become a principal character and fully-functioning animatron inside The Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland may finally come true. And that would give ol' Hattie PLENTY to grin about.

Jack Skellington is about to be upstaged.

The central figure in a web of haunted mansions???

Oh, Dear God, please don't let him cast me as an AFTERLIFE REAL ESTATE AGENT. I look lousy in a blazer (especially with no pants) and HATE rising early in the mourning [sic].

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    Only if they're clear plastic, like his cousin Ezra.
    That's ectoplastic.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Wandering off the beaten path here (and there may well be man-eating plants, venomous snakes, and giant spiders out there!) but just interesting to note, despite early concepts, we never got a Haunted Mansion that looked like this:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/206/e/4/Mysterious_Mansion_by_maxmemories.jpg

Until Mystic Manor, that is, of course, which seems to take off in a totally different direction than the other HM's. But I always liked this kind of "kooky Victorian"/Charles Addams style.

End the sidetrack in 3...2...1....
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Wandering off the beaten path here (and there may well be man-eating plants, venomous snakes, and giant spiders out there!) but just interesting to note, despite early concepts, we never got a Haunted Mansion that looked like this:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/206/e/4/Mysterious_Mansion_by_maxmemories.jpg

Until Mystic Manor, that is, of course, which seems to take off in a totally different direction than the other HM's. But I always liked this kind of "kooky Victorian"/Charles Addams style.

End the sidetrack in 3...2...1....
    DRAT!!! I LOVE that photo, tried to download it but McAfee detected embedded SPYWARE.

• We Go On.

I'm going to like this movie a lot, I think.

So, has the rumored HBG for the ride been postponed due to be timed with the movie maybe?

The movie should be awesome, especially since the director is a big HM fan. My fear would be that it would be a cue to WDI to alter the feel of the ride to be more scary. I really like the ride since it's not so scary.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I'm going to post off topic a bit, but on something that I think is close to our hearts in another way.
    July 26, 2010 is the day that the Star Tours we know and love--the one that some of us *ahem* grew up with--closes its doors forever. I, unfortunately, cannot attend the parks until tomorrow (July 27) and will have to consider my last trip on it to be on June 22. Now, we all recognize that Star Tours is an incredibly dated ride in its current form, and that an upgrade is needed. We should also count our lucky stars that the ride isn't being taken out altogether, but I suppose the success of things like Star Wars Weekends in Florida have helped that some. However, it still remains that part of our collective consciousness as Disney fans--many of us growing up with weekly, monthly, or yearly trips to the park--is being taken away and will remain just a memory of what once was.
    I bring this up here because while the Haunted Mansion is the ride I'm most fascinated with, and the Tower of Terror is the ride I'm most exhilarated by, the fact remains that Star Tours is the ride that always made me giggly and happy. It's the ride I knew by heart enough to know which cabins to avoid (or perhaps that's just evidence that I went too the parks too often this year, which I have. [My trip count is numbering in the 20's or 30's for this year alone, and you have to remember, I don't work there.]) My favorite memory of the ride is going on it with an entire cabin of off the clock CM's late at night, all of them from Tomorrowland attractions, and every single one of us said every line from the ride along with Rex and the other characters. It's the first ride my then-six year old brother knew all of the lines to, and if my mom went too fast in the car, he would shout "Brakes! Brakes!! WHERE ARE THE BRAKES?! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!" much to the chagrin of my mother. I'm posting about it here because...well....It's awesome. You can't NOT have a good time on Star Tours.

...Unless you get motion sickness or have epilepsy. Then it's maybe not your favorite ride.
    dreams. come. true.

• =)

Yeah, I'm gonna miss the original Star Tours. Looking forward to the revamp, but it's a bittersweet thing, for sure. I'm fortunate in that I'm probably going to get to ride it tomorrow - er, today. I'm sure the wait will be rather long, and I won't mind at all. This is one of many parts of Tomorrowland that needs refreshing, but I intend to make the most out of this while it's still here.

• Minion

I don't think I ever saw Star Tours.

• Minion

Star Tours will be missed I hope the revamp is worth its weight in salt though

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    So, has the rumored HBG for the ride been postponed due to be timed with the movie maybe?

The movie should be awesome, especially since the director is a big HM fan. My fear would be that it would be a cue to WDI to alter the feel of the ride to be more scary. I really like the ride since it's not so scary.
    I think because Del Torro is such a big haunted mansion fan, he wont let Disney try to change the ride. If he plays his cards right, he will use existing characters and themes that already are in the mansion, just so it will stay the same attraction it always was. If anything, though, the mansion will be better with the addition of the hatbox ghost. (In a way, i think this "movie" is just a cover up to get Hattie back in the mansion.) Is he directing the movie? Because i heard he was writing/producing it.

• Minion

He stated several times now that he wants to direct it, but is not sure he will have the time to direct it.

Quote Originally Posted by whodudis View Post
    I think because Del Torro is such a big haunted mansion fan, he wont let Disney try to change the ride. If he plays his cards right, he will use existing characters and themes that already are in the mansion, just so it will stay the same attraction it always was. If anything, though, the mansion will be better with the addition of the hatbox ghost. (In a way, i think this "movie" is just a cover up to get Hattie back in the mansion.) Is he directing the movie? Because i heard he was writing/producing it.
    Thats what I was thinking. I think this movie is revolving around Hattie because he wants him back in the mansion.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM