Page 523 of 585 FirstFirst ... 23423473498513520521522523524525526533548573 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 8766

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    [1]Yes there is a replacement glass... [2]but its not in the mansion, [3]the ball room glass is one large peice and [4]indeed they would need to cut the roof open to replace it..
    1. True
    2. False
    3. False
    4. False
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxFur View Post
    Weird. Yeah, that's it. I used to go down to the maintenance pit during breaks and read it. I bet it's still there. Unless I'm misremembering and it's one of the other documents down there....
    Maybe someone (and I think I know who) in WDI altered the books in the intervening years to suit their agenda.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

In case you missed it and would be interested, this was posted in another thread...

Three consecutive Walk-offs today. Matterhorn, HM and Splash Mtn :o/

Very recent walk-off footage from the HMH graveyard!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Nice, clear shot of ol' Blasty. He's got some decent height on him too.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

As our own, renowned HBG2 once stated over at his blog - "As every HM fan knows, the Imagineers put faces everywhere, in the woodwork, in metalwork, and in upholstery. [.......] But there are other faces that are so stylized that the Imagineers seem to be deliberately steering you into a fogbank, a place where you're not quite sure if the face you see is "really there" or if your imagination is starting to detect ghostly manifestations in perfectly innocent patterns. I think that's exactly the sort of paranoia they hope to inspire, as part of the overall experience. Are those sad faces on the triangular tapestries below the coffin really there, or are you imagining them? Hmm. They're probably "real," but ask me again tomorrow. The point is, they're that much creepier for the ambiguity." - original article

With that in mind, I came across a 'new' one just over the weekend while visiting Disneyland.

This is the right-hand half of the main entrance gate. The eyes, nose and perhaps mouth are pretty self-evident and been right there the whole time, since 1969.

Oh, wow, the one in the metalwork is cool.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Looks good to me!

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Yes, that is unusual.

Anyhow, some news
    HAPPY 42nd to WDW and 31st to Epcot

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"

~ Eric Idle, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

New post up at LF.

A nice, very old, pre-opening photo of the "face" in the gate.

• Mr. Ghost

I first watched "Child of Glass" in 1989 and thought they really filmed it in the HM.
    Knowing what I know now.....
    My favorite portraits are:
    "Master Gracey/aging portrait"
    "April/December
    "Witch of Walpurgis"

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Hello, Mr. Fenwright!

You situation is (as I have read it) most unfortunate!

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"

~ Eric Idle, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

These two videos have recently shown up on youtube. I've never seen the full versions before now.

Extinct Attractions Club HM history

WDW HM walk-thru with Tony Baxter

I think this is where the idea of the piano player being the GH originated, which was in both editions of Surrell's book. Somehow he also interpreted the coffin occupant to be the same character as well.

At 35:50 he brings up the architectural discontinuity and it seems like he's about to say something interesting about it ("...we're clearly looking at a Victorian home, with a shake roof. Here in Florida, we entered a Gothic stone structure. In California, we entered an antebellum plantation...") but then the subject changes to Phantom Manor.

The source of the woman's scream from the original Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House album: Miss Havisham on fire in the 1946 film version of Great Expectations.
    @ 1:24:17

• Minion

Yeah, the Baxter tour has been online for a while and it's absolutely cringe-inducing whenever he talks about Phantom Manor's story, trying to apply it to the regular Mansion, and gets the Manor story horribly wrong even though it was his attraction.

It's nice to see Dave O'Neil deciding to upload full versions of his documentaries onto YouTube now that it's been years after his DVD business got sued into oblivion because he kept selling bootleg Disney specials and audio that he mostly acquired through the fandom file-sharing circuit.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM