Page 524 of 596 FirstFirst ... 24424474499514521522523524525526527534549574 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8927

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Yep.

I just noticed that when Tony did this walk-thru tour in Orlando the area around the Endless Hallway still had the yellow wallpaper which is still found in Anaheim and Tokyo.

Also, that HM DVD has got to be the most incoherent historical narrative ever recorded. Just enjoy it for the neat pictures and interviews, folks.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Greetings - former DL HM CM / current Imagineer here with a question - is there really a "spare pane of Grand Hall glass" in the WDW HM? I worked the DL Mansion for many years and can't think of where it would be stashed, there's really not much space between the Ballroom and Endless Hallway. I guess if it was leaned up against the back of the Endless Hallway (??) but I never saw one there.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineeringFan View Post
    Greetings - former DL HM CM / current Imagineer here with a question - is there really a "spare pane of Grand Hall glass" in the WDW HM? I worked the DL Mansion for many years and can't think of where it would be stashed, there's really not much space between the Ballroom and Endless Hallway. I guess if it was leaned up against the back of the Endless Hallway (??) but I never saw one there.
    It's reportedly behind the fireplace wall of the Ballroom.

Hey all, I've been following this thread for a while as HM is my favorite ride and I love all the history and the stories...

I'm getting married in February and my fiance's uncle was one of the CMs who played a knight in the HM! I was so excited when I found out he did that and asked him a ton of questions. He told me that he saw a lot going on that he had to alert security about (drugs, etc) and he was given this garage door opener type device to auto-stop the ride if anything really egregious was going on. He was also punched in the face by a girl who he had scared pretty badly the first time she went on the ride. Evidently she got back on the ride to get back at him.

If I hear any more good stories, I'll let you know... he also played Prince Charming for a while and was a royal attendant during a parade. He did a couple of commercial spots for the DLR too.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Very cool, carolinejay! When you are able to gently ask, find out if he has any pics from his time in the mansion. We're always dying for new pics...

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Very cool, carolinejay! When you are able to gently ask, find out if he has any pics from his time in the mansion. We're always dying for new pics...
    I'll see what I can do!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineeringFan View Post
    Its behind the set between the fireplace wall and the CoD Wall. And Mr Former DL HM CM/Imagineer.... Your name doesn't happen to start with a D does it? Cause I can only think of one guy that went from DL HM to WDI. :-)

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    And Mr Former DL HM CM/Imagineer.... Your name doesn't happen to start with a D does it? Cause I can only think of one guy that went from DL HM to WDI. :-)
    Who?

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    Who?
    Me thinks that should have been a private PM. I'm not sure they'd really want to tell us.. you know.. for safety.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Some clear, clean photographic evidence that they used to have more of the small blank tombstones in the graveyard than they do now (at least in DL).

Last edited by HBG2; 10-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.

• Mr. Ghost

Artist Dave Lowe has made a Pet Bat based on the unused Marc Davis concept

• Minion

Either I missed something or everyone else did, because I haven't seen any discussion of the Hatbox Ghost Mickey popcorn bucket yet:

DSC_0384 by socal_ron, on Flickr

In addition to the Mickey Mouse Popcorn holder, there's another piece of merchandise with the Hatbox Ghost. When you go on the "Happiest Haunts" tour at Disneyland, they're giving out a key (to the Haunted Mansion?) with the Hatbox Ghost on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ironically, that photo of the HBG isn't Disney; it's an HBG-like mask someone was selling several years ago. Rippin' off the ripper-offers.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I deem the bucket 'too cute'/too far removed from the character or Mansion style (but thank you for the photo all the same, Ron!), and therefore likely a failure for most dedicated Mansion fans. The candle holders with gargoyles and throw blanket and all are much nicer (but of course, that's the premium price difference.)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM