Page 526 of 559 FirstFirst ... 26426476516523524525526527528529536 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8380

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Mystery solved! Thanks, Lonesome Ghost.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I've added the new content about the corbel to the "Man Who Saved the Gryphons" post at the blog. I'm pretty sure they were the work of Santana. The Art Director was Claude Coats, btw.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• His Royal Highness (NOT)

Disneyland Resort Update (Disneyland Resort Update) by Adrienne Vincent-PhoenixLadies and Gentlemen, it seems the Company has reached a new low in HBG merch
    This was found in this week's MousePlanet update for DL by the way, so it's NOT MINE

Nevermind, Ron W beat me to it
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 10-10-2013 at 03:13 PM.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    Disneyland Resort Update (Disneyland Resort Update) by Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix. Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems the Company has reached a new low in HBG merch
    This was found in this week's MousePlanet update for DL by the way, so it's NOT MINE
    Yes... see page #524, Ron W's post.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

About the Mickey/HBG popcorn holder...

I have a five-year-old. He saw this picture as I was going through posts here on MC. He loved it! His exact words were, "Mama! That's Mickey dressed up as your missing ghost! Only not as spooky, right? I like him!" *thoughtful pause* "But not as much as your ghost, Mama. He is spooky and I like spooky, but sometimes silly is nice, too. Is there a Minnie dressed up as the spooky wedding girl?"

Kids... wise beyond measure.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson

You all know what I think of PLQ; nevertheless, I am compelled to point out the latest mirror image between Craig Conley's Victorian curios and Mansionalia. There's no suggestion here of direct or indirect influence on Pete Castillo et al, just another freaky deaky ko-winky-dinky.

Four characters (including the sea serpent), plus the rope if you want to maximize. I suppose one could imagine the sketch as Bertie in his younger days, if you care to imagine him at all.

• Minion

More details on Seekers of the Weird from New York Comic Con. The Candleman and the Mistress of Evil are set to play major roles.

NYCC 2013: MARVEL Visits Disney Parks with SEEKERS OF THE WEIRD | Newsarama.com
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Saw this on the Disney blog. I spot only one of what appeared to be two tombstones referenced a couple pages back , unless the image is doctored. Great shot, regardless.

I got permission to publish a never-before-seen piece of Marc Davis HM concept art, and it's a nice piece. It'll be seen in an upcoming LF post.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post

Saw this on the Disney blog. I spot only one of what appeared to be two tombstones referenced a couple pages back , unless the image is doctored. Great shot, regardless.
    I think that's WDW.

• His Royal Highness (NOT)

Hey, I was wondering, What are the chances HM making it to Shanghai?

Who knows?

Here's a sneak preview of artwork that will appear in an upcoming post. I've posted this Marc Davis concept art before:

Well, what if they had used this idea? I was really happy at how well this mockup turned out:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    Hey, I was wondering, What are the chances HM making it to Shanghai?
    Considering that Mystic Manor came about because of the cultural issue surrounding the depiction of ghosts in China, doubtful.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Name:  tumblr_muq2wb8sg21rhaldko1_500.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  68.5 KB
    Of the many times I've seen the Florida Mansion, I've never noticed the cross before.

OK, so it really isn't a cross, but it sure looks like it from afar doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Well, what if they had used this idea? I was really happy at how well this mockup turned out:
    Maybe they considered the hands coming out of the coffin to be enough to convey the idea. Besides, when you reach the doors it's less about the corporeal than the spirit world.

On the other hand, it would tie in with the hand shadow swiping across the clock. As you've pointed out, that's the only effect in the Mansion that can be considered an attack. The progression would be seeing hands trying to break through a door, followed by seeing the shadow of a hand behind you swinging at you (the shadow on the clock). But nothing "gets through" until after Leota's seance (and they're all spirits) so it's arguably a change of narrative.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM