Page 530 of 638 FirstFirst ... 30430480505520527528529530531532533540555580630 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 9558

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

What I've been told is that the stretchroom wasn't working properly, so folks were shuttled right through it as if it isn't there. And we know the HHG mirror effect is busted too. At what point do they figure the show is damaged enough to close down the attraction, you have to wonder.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Two eBay-related items of interest to share:

First, I saw this pop up this morning:

Disneyland Haunted Mansion Cemetery Redesign Prop Packet Proposal WDI Vintage | eBay

Looks plausible, so if you have an interest in the early nineties DL pet cemetery update, you might want to keep an eye on it.

Second, I had been seeing the same old bad picture of a couple of the indoor graveyard headstones pop up in my watchlist emails for months now, and I finally got tired of it, so I ponied up a few bucks and bought the thing - hey, there are worse collections to start than other peoples' awkward family photos of the HM. Anyway, when I got it, I noticed something odd about it:

Name:  DLHM_Stones_Jan75a.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  223.7 KB

That's clearly "REST/MURDNIWG" in the back, and by the profile and bunting that looks like "MEMORIE/TREBOR LLEWE" in the foreground - except where the "TREBOR LLEWE" should be there's just a weird square recess. The photo has the words "January 1975 Disneyland" written on the back. Anybody have any clue what's going on here? Secret name change change to hide the REAL creators of the HM? Failed gravestone TV screen pilot program? Trick of the light showing a speaker area through a scrim?

It means there's a speaker in it. There are a lot of those. They just cut out a square and put a screen over it painted the same color as the stone.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It means there's a speaker in it. There are a lot of those. They just cut out a square and put a screen over it painted the same color as the stone.
    Ah, good to know, thanks! I hadn't noticed it being quite that dramatic before.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by DaynNight View Post
    I dont know if im just seeing things but behind the Giant Green Present in the attic of the Haunted Mansion Holiday, i think I saw a figure, in the corner, im not sure if its just the lighting playing tricks on me or if theres actually something there. This happened twice
    Which Giant Green Present?
    Last edited by HMF; 10-25-2013 at 04:10 PM.

• Minion

The Missing in the Mansion guys just released a new Mansion fan film, "Followed from the Mansion". It's a much more lighthearted story about a child who gets followed home by Phineas, whose voiced by the guy that played Le Fou in Beauty and the Beast.

Last edited by FigmentJedi; 10-28-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

"Followed from PLQ"

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    "Followed from PLQ"
    Where is that??

Just seems like a more accurate title for that short.

But it's cool that fans are making stuff like this. I can certainly appreciate the effort.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 10-28-2013 at 07:22 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    The Missing in the Mansion guys just released a new Mansion fan film, "Followed from the Mansion". It's a much more lighthearted story about a child who gets followed home by Phineas, whose voiced by the guy that played Le Fou in Beauty and the Beast.

I love this video.

• Minion

I've never seen the HHGs as that malevolent.

Hello everyone! I've never posted on one of the Long Forgotten threads (I didn't have an account at the time). I've only been on the regular Haunted Mansion once (shame on me) because I go to Disneyland mostly at Halloween or Christmas so I've mostly gone on HMH (shame on me again.). After going on the regular version I absolutely loved it. So I just wanted to introduce myself.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I've never seen the HHGs as that malevolent.
    Given his demeanor when he left the house, I think it supports "They pretend to terrorize"

Welcome Mara's Voice!

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Welcome Mara's Voice!
    Thanks!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM