Page 532 of 742 FirstFirst ... 32432482507522529530531532533534535542557582632 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 11123

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Fen, I'll be mentioning you in an upcoming post, fyi, with regard to your calling attention to the "Dream Curse" segment of Dark Shadows as possible inspiration for the COD.
    Through sight and sound and faceless terror,
    Through endless corridors, by trial and error,
    Ahead a blazing light does burn,
    And one door leads to the point of return.

Great stuff! I always think of it when I hear, "When hinges creak in doorless chambers."

• Future Imagineer - Concep

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I don't know if it has been covered in the millions of posts in the seven Haunted Mansion forums, but has anyone noticed the candle floating in the cupola of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion? I don't go very often but last time I did earlier this year I was at Tarzan's Tree House and I could distinctly see a light moving in the cupola...

Visit me at taylorabaird.com and look for the Disney DIY section... (Remnants of the old Disney Imaginations blog, which mysteriously disappeared...)

Quote Originally Posted by Taylordisney View Post
    I don't know if it has been covered in the millions of posts in the seven Haunted Mansion forums, but has anyone noticed the candle floating in the cupola of the Disneyland Haunted Mansion? I don't go very often but last time I did earlier this year I was at Tarzan's Tree House and I could distinctly see a light moving in the cupola...
    I've seen it too, but I'm not sure if it was moving when I saw it.

This post is part of your imagination.
    Last edited by Mara'sVoice; 11-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Taylordisney View Post
    If there's a light in the cupola, that's a new feature.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

• Sock Puppet

That light you see is Zero's nose. He's been floating around in the cupola for years.

Also, HBG2 - Where exactly is it that you think the replacement pane of glass for the grand hall is?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CapacityKing View Post
    That light you see is Zero's nose. He's been floating around in the cupola for years.

Also, HBG2 - Where exactly is it that you think the replacement pane of glass for the grand hall is?
    The extra panes of glass are stored behind the fireplace wall in the Grand Hall. That wall is essentially one large, wooden storage crate for them.

• Sock Puppet

So you are saying the glass is being stored in the wall, not behind it. If there is glass there, it would be above the fireplace as the hearth extends beyond the wall on the backstage side. I was back there very recently for the sole purpose of verifying or debunking the glass myth, and was left very much in doubt. That wall is very thin. I'll take a closer look next time I can do so. What is the source for your information, Grinning Ghost?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CapacityKing View Post
    So you are saying the glass is being stored in the wall, not behind it. If there is glass there, it would be above the fireplace as the hearth extends beyond the wall on the backstage side. I was back there very recently for the sole purpose of verifying or debunking the glass myth, and was left very much in doubt. That wall is very thin. I'll take a closer look next time I can do so. What is the source for your information, Grinning Ghost?
    Behind/inside in this case are basically the same thing. The storage area portion is behind the firebox. I believe HBG2 went over this a few years ago with the Disneyland Mansion's blueprint details...
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 11-10-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Does this help?

• Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

That actually helps ME! For some reason I always thought "behind the fireplace in the ballroom" meant in/against/touching that fireplace wall. Now I see that it is in the ROOM behind the fireplace in the ballroom and is in/against/touching the wall across from the conservatory. I never noticed that squiggly arrow in the print before. Thanks for clarifying that, HBG2!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Thanks for posting the blueprint. It helps to figure out the layout.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Does this help?

So... all this time we were lead to believe the extra glass was stored in the Grand Hall's fireplace wall, but it's really in the C.O.D. wall across from the Conservatory.

The ambiguity of "behind the fireplace wall" is what led to the confusion.

The plaques are back at WDW. They're the originals, unaltered, and they're attached to the outermost pillars.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM