Page 533 of 599 FirstFirst ... 33433483508523530531532533534535536543558583 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8985

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The plaques are back at WDW. They're the originals, unaltered, and they're attached to the outermost pillars.
    I believe a hearty Kungalosh is order!

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    So... all this time we were lead to believe the extra glass was stored in the Grand Hall's fireplace wall, but it's really in the C.O.D. wall across from the Conservatory.
    So the question in my mind is how would they maneuver it into place if replacement was necessary?

• Inhospitable about happy

They'd take out the fireplace wall and move it right over and install it the same way they installed the others.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Thought some of you here might appreciate this short animated clip I finally constructed (been envisioning it for ages)...

"An animation I created that depicts how I picture the original version of the Haunted Mansion Attic looking before they had to remove the Hatbox Ghost..."

Last edited by karcreat; 11-16-2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    Thought some of you here might appreciate this short animated clip I finally constructed (been envisioning it for ages)...

"An animation I created that depicts how I picture the original version of the Haunted Mansion Attic looking before they had to remove the Hatbox Ghost..."

Nice job, lots of fun, but for the fussies among us, it's not too terribly accurate.

• Minion

Fun video! The green ghosts flying outside the door reminds me of Beetlejuice, for some reason! Good work.

They'd take out the fireplace wall and move it right over and install it the same way they installed the others.
    Still, moving a nearly-two-story piece of glass must be some operation.

Nice job, lots of fun, but for the fussies among us, it's not too terribly accurate.

LOL...Oh, I KNOW it's 'not accurate', RE the attic design, the exact positioning of the characters, and so on...but I tried (in vain) to locate actual photos of the attic window (NONE out there I could find), or even a shot of the entire, lit attic...best I could come up with were various shots/angles of the attic (everything you see in the vid is actually from the HM attic, save for the window, which I painted myself) which I assembled as layers, then inserted the hand painted Bride and Hattie animations...

But yeah, I guess unless those 'fussies' have better references they can send me, they should attempt to be as forgiving as is possible, LOL!...(BUT if they SHOULD be able to provide me with more accurate photos, I would be more than happy to redo the video with them replacing what I pieced together, as I saved the animation template...
    Last edited by karcreat; 11-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Fun video! The green ghosts flying outside the door reminds me of Beetlejuice, for some reason! Good work.

That's actual footage of the wraiths/spirit projections on the scrim you see when you exit the attic window, on a loop animation...

BUT I think I know why you thought of Beetlejuice...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    So... all this time we were lead to believe the extra glass was stored in the Grand Hall's fireplace wall, but it's really in the C.O.D. wall across from the Conservatory.
    I'm not aware of any glass here - at least not when I was working there. The back side of that wall (and entire set) is elevated above grade to accommodate the omnimover track beneath. Not to mention an elevated wooden catwalk along the backside of the wall that's not shown on the plan view. You can crouch down and move under the set to come up beneath the conservatory, endless hallway, seance circle, etc. I don't know much about glass but I assume a spare pane that size would be not-too-subtly secured to the floor, as opposed to leaned up against a wall or hoisted up out of sight (again, not an expert here). I'm thinking either: A.) this was the intent- to have a spare here but was never realized in this location, or B.) the "spare sheet of glass" refers to glass other than the large panes.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This thread made the latest DoomBuggies Podcast on the MicePod: Welcome to the DoomBuggies Spook Show!

Congratulations everyone, you're famous!

It's a great podcast by the way. We'll done Jeff!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Doom Buggy Detailer

Thanks Dusty - and I'm sure this thread will pop up from time to time, since there's always something new to learn about the Haunted Mansion on Micechat! I'm looking forward to giving my listeners a new angle on the Mansion in every episode. After almost 5 years of planning, I decided it was time to jump into the podcast fray.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineeringFan View Post
    I'm not aware of any glass here - at least not when I was working there. The back side of that wall (and entire set) is elevated above grade to accommodate the omnimover track beneath. Not to mention an elevated wooden catwalk along the backside of the wall that's not shown on the plan view. You can crouch down and move under the set to come up beneath the conservatory, endless hallway, seance circle, etc. I don't know much about glass but I assume a spare pane that size would be not-too-subtly secured to the floor, as opposed to leaned up against a wall or hoisted up out of sight (again, not an expert here). I'm thinking either: A.) this was the intent- to have a spare here but was never realized in this location, or B.) the "spare sheet of glass" refers to glass other than the large panes.
    "B" is pretty preposterous. What other "spare sheet of glass" could possibly warrant a special mention on a blueprint and be located with easy access to the ballroom?

That blueprint is for the WDW HM and is dated 9-7-69. It has an intriguing update on it, dated 2-2-70. It appears to read "GLASS BID ONLY - SHOW BULL. #1". This could suggest that they ordered the WDW glass panes from a manufacturer in or near Florida rather than from the same source as DL's and arranging for costly and hazardous cross-country transport.

Anyway, the DL spare could be in a different location. For those who like to hunt, remember, these panes are less than 11 feet wide. You don't need a lot of horizontal wall space to store one.

[First Post since computer crashed] - A quick, irrelevant question: Is it true the organ music at Disney World is slightly alternate than the one at Disneyland? Just something that's buggin' me.
    Last edited by TheGhoulishMortal; 11-19-2013 at 02:23 PM.

• Minion

The new TV Mickey Mouse short "Potatoland" aired last night to celebrate Mickey's 85th. It's a seven minute short where the trio take a road trip to Idaho as Goofy wants to fulfill a childhood dream to visit "Potatoland", which turns out to have just been a misinterpretation of the tagline on the State sign. Mickey and Donald then build a recreation of Disneyland out of potatoes, gravy and whatever farm equipment they can find to fulfill Goofy's dream and among the attractions is the Mansion around the 3:45 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElcEMabhoU
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM