Page 534 of 559 FirstFirst ... 34434484524531532533534535536537544 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 8380

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhoulishMortal View Post
    [First Post since computer crashed] - A quick, irrelevant question: Is it true the organ music at Disney World is slightly alternate than the one at Disneyland? Just something that's buggin' me.
    I've never heard that.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    Thanks Dusty - and I'm sure this thread will pop up from time to time, since there's always something new to learn about the Haunted Mansion on Micechat! I'm looking forward to giving my listeners a new angle on the Mansion in every episode. After almost 5 years of planning, I decided it was time to jump into the podcast fray.
    Mighty nice, congrats Chef.

Yeah, there's something going about that the one in Florida is played in a different key. I can hardly tell amongst the chatter of the guests (and now the thunderstorm to the left in the Portrait Corridor).

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    "B" is pretty preposterous. What other "spare sheet of glass" could possibly warrant a special mention on a blueprint and be located with easy access to the ballroom?

That blueprint is for the WDW HM and is dated 9-7-69. It has an intriguing update on it, dated 2-2-70. It appears to read "GLASS BID ONLY - SHOW BULL. #1". This could suggest that they ordered the WDW glass panes from a manufacturer in or near Florida rather than from the same source as DL's and arranging for costly and hazardous cross-country transport.

Anyway, the DL spare could be in a different location. For those who like to hunt, remember, these panes are less than 11 feet wide. You don't need a lot of horizontal wall space to store one.
    I am long time lurker both on these Long Forgotten threads and on your wonderful blog. Throughout the years when the extra glass discussion comes up, I have never seen (or I at least do not recall) someone put forth the question that if there was ever extra replacement glass stored somewhere behind the fireplace from Day 1, then why wasn't it put into service when someone shot a bullet into the glass at DL's HM?

Any theories on that?

• Evil is Sexy

Probably easier to conceal the tiny hole then to shut down the ride for however many days and get the equipment in to replace the glass, while ordering a new one to replace the replacement. *shrugs*
    The spider and web fit well enough to the decor.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

There's a new vinylmation figure that has a familiar pattern.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  32.7 KB

• Mr. Ghost

I remember hearing that back in 2007, the the foyer organ is played in a different minor key.
    The only variation I know about the ballroom waltz is the wilder unused version by Gaylord Carter. The one we currently hear is by William Sabrinsky

Not sure if this was posted here, but these are great photos of the WDW Mansion:

Haunted Mansion: Room for One Moreā€¦ | At Disney Again

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Rode the Magic Kingdom Haunted Mansion several times over the past 8 days. Very enjoyable as a whole if you ignore the interactive queue, and yes, I'll say it - the inside portions are better than Disneyland as stands right now. Feels a lot more 'leisurely' of a tour, more time in the graveyard scene, for one thing. The sound effects in the CoD are great, the audio in the stretch room very well mixed and planned, the Ghost Host has a excellent subtle ghostly 'windy' sound when he speaks as if his voice is journeying to speak to you specifically, the table raps in the Leota scene are very loud in a good way, the final graveyard pop-up head (droopy eyes) manages to actually startle/frighten even if you know he is there, the moving/whispering ghoul eyes transitioning into that famous wallpaper is a brilliantly executed effect, and the outside of the attraction has grown on me. Not fond of the final HHG projections, but the rest truly is superb on all levels.

• Minion

I've never heard that.
    Disneyworld key

Disneyland key

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    I am long time lurker both on these Long Forgotten threads and on your wonderful blog. Throughout the years when the extra glass discussion comes up, I have never seen (or I at least do not recall) someone put forth the question that if there was ever extra replacement glass stored somewhere behind the fireplace from Day 1, then why wasn't it put into service when someone shot a bullet into the glass at DL's HM?

Any theories on that?
    No theories necessary. Why replace it? There's no need. The cracks aren't spreading, so you turn the small area with the hole and cracks into a spider web and then forget it. Save the spare for if/when you ever really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Disneyworld key

Disneyland key
    Are we sure it's a different recording rather than just a variation in tape speed?

No theories necessary. Why replace it? There's no need. The cracks aren't spreading, so you turn the small area with the hole and cracks into a spider web and then forget it. Save the spare for if/when you ever really need it.
    First, thanks for the response. I understand that pragmatically the easiest thing to do was done, but on the other hand has anyone ever seen the spare glass with their own eyes. Is there any first-hand accounts that it is really there? The bullet hole situation always made sense, but also always made me consider that maybe there really was no spare.

There are so many myths and legends, that I was never certain that this wasn't one of them.
    Last edited by Titan; 11-21-2013 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Disneyworld key

Disneyland key
    Thank you for putting that thought to rest. I could've sworn it was true, and you proved me right.

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Rode the Magic Kingdom Haunted Mansion several times over the past 8 days. Very enjoyable as a whole if you ignore the interactive queue, and yes, I'll say it - the inside portions are better than Disneyland as stands right now. Feels a lot more 'leisurely' of a tour, more time in the graveyard scene, for one thing. The sound effects in the CoD are great, the audio in the stretch room very well mixed and planned, the Ghost Host has a excellent subtle ghostly 'windy' sound when he speaks as if his voice is journeying to speak to you specifically, the table raps in the Leota scene are very loud in a good way, the final graveyard pop-up head (droopy eyes) manages to actually startle/frighten even if you know he is there, the moving/whispering ghoul eyes transitioning into that famous wallpaper is a brilliantly executed effect, and the outside of the attraction has grown on me. Not fond of the final HHG projections, but the rest truly is superb on all levels.
    If only the brilliance of technology would allow interactive animatronics to replace the cheesy projections. THAT would be far more magical.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM