Page 535 of 638 FirstFirst ... 35435485510525532533534535536537538545560585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 9560

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

RE the recent posts of HM themed music, thought you all might dig this page of uploads I maintain...

Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://kkarstens.wix.com/karstenscreations

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Are we sure it's a different recording rather than just a variation in tape speed?
    That's all it is: a variation in the tape speed. All three Mansions use the same organ music recordings, but for some reason, the WDW Mansion plays the Foyer organ slightly slower than normal, and the Ballroom Organ slightly faster than normal.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    That's all it is: a variation in the tape speed. All three Mansions use the same organ music recordings, but for some reason, the WDW Mansion plays the Foyer organ slightly slower than normal, and the Ballroom Organ slightly faster than normal.
    and as a result the key alters

There's also a higher-toned version I believe was played in the mid-70s at Disneyland. I could be wrong on this, though.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Here's a theory: Slowing down the foyer soundtracks would make sense for WDW, because it would lengthen the time in the foyer and therefore give folks a better opportunity to see the Master Gracey portrait go through its phases. DL has no such effect, of course. It might be an idea going back to the original Imagineers.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

In other news, did you guys hear the news, if you haven't, Diane Disney Miller died!
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

If you're a big fan of the stretch of HM between the top of the stairs and Leota, you're in luck. The next three posts at the blog deal with that segment. The January and February posts focus more especially on the COD, and one is quite lengthy, so COD fans should have a good time.

This is a leftover, a pic I was going to use but probably won't. It's a pic found in Surrell's book, but I've fixed it up quite a bit.

The original was partially covered and taken with the work lights on.

I heard this awhile back in this thread, but is Disneyland really getting a Sally animatronic for Haunted Mansion Holiday?

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Always said if I could have a magical night in the mansion, I'd have them pull the doombuggies out of this specific stretch of the COD, cover the track, and have a sleepover here!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Are there any videos of the pre-Constance attic? With the groom pop-ups? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mara'sVoice View Post
    Are there any videos of the pre-Constance attic? With the groom pop-ups? Thanks
    I have one but I need to buy a converter to get it off 8mm video. The converter is on the way and I'll post it when I'm done. The video was taken about 1990 or 91.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Happy Thanksgiving!

"B" is pretty preposterous. What other "spare sheet of glass" could possibly warrant a special mention on a blueprint and be located with easy access to the ballroom?
    Agreed.

• Minion

Here's a theory: Slowing down the foyer soundtracks would make sense for WDW, because it would lengthen the time in the foyer and therefore give folks a better opportunity to see the Master Gracey portrait go through its phases. DL has no such effect, of course. It might be an idea going back to the original Imagineers.
    But in the Disneyland foyer you hear the music on endless loop until they're ready to start the show. How long the actual music loop lasts doesn't make any difference. It just starts up again, and again, and again if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    But in the Disneyland foyer you hear the music on endless loop until they're ready to start the show. How long the actual music loop lasts doesn't make any difference. It just starts up again, and again, and again if necessary.
    True enough.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM