Page 537 of 726 FirstFirst ... 37437487512527534535536537538539540547562587637 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,055 of 10877

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Hello, everyone. I was kicking around Youtube, looking for something unrelated to the Haunted Mansion, when I discovered this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-Dtc1Va6I

It's got to be the best footage of the Disneyland mansion that I have ever seen.

What do you think.
    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 12-14-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    Hello, everyone. I was kicking around Youtube, looking for something unrelated to the Haunted Mansion, when I discovered this:

Ultimate HM wip test - YouTube

It's got to be the best footage of the Disneyland mansion that I have ever seen.

What do you think.
    Nice video. I wonder when it was taken? Since he says WIP, I wonder what the finished product will be?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    New post up at Le Bloggue.
    From the blog post: "According to the concept art, he was originally going to be armed with a huge axe."

I saw the live suit of armor armed with a hand prop -- it may have been an axe, definitely some sort of staff.

As I recall, I had been through before when he was unarmed and walking around freely interacting with buggies. The next time (could have been weeks or months later) I was prepared for his appearance but he was simply staying in place and banging the prop on the ground to make a loud *bang* as each buggy went past, which you could hear coming though you couldn't see until you were at him due to the backwards travel at that point.

I'm 99% sure I've not reversing the order of sightings (unarmed vs. armed) and that it wasn't the same day since I had friends who worked at Disneyland in college and was signed in several times around then when that policy was more liberal than today. I definitely saw him banging the ground with a staff/axe, though.

(This isn't here)
    Last edited by Mara'sVoice; 12-20-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Just another month and our precious Mansion will be restored.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Just another month and our precious Mansion will be restored.
    I'm counting down the days.

New Haunted Mansion vinlymation figures should be on Disneystore.com today

• Evil is Sexy

Eh. It's only the protrait characters and at $60 for a set of 4, they don't really.. impress me.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Eh. It's only the protrait characters and at $60 for a set of 4, they don't really.. impress me.
    I was looking forward to to possibly getting them, but after seeing the prices..

• Inhospitable about happy

Hey, some interesting discoveries. In the post called "The Duelists," at the blog, I put together a case suggesting that the mantelpiece guy may well be the most last-minute AA addition to the HM, put there to give that wall something to do after they had decided not to the put the duelist portraits there. Well, the theory got a boost when I started checking into the figure numbers for the AA figures in the HM. Every human figure was given a number, starting with F-1 and F-2 for the two hanging corpses in the two stretchrooms, all the way to the HHG's on the ghosty-go-round (F-80 to F-94). Projected ghosts are not included (Mdm L, singing busts, Little L). The list goes from "Area" to "Area." The ballroom, for example, is Area 6, the attic is Area 7, the graveyard is Area 8, and the exit crypt where all the HHG's are is Area 9. Everything flows smoothly, except that Mantelpiece Guy is F-79, an anomalous intrusion from Area 6 on the list of Area 9 ghosts at the very end. The only AA's past him are the ghosty-go-round HHGs, and we know now for certain that they were not put in until after the ride opened. Only they are later additions than Mantelpiece Guy, in other words. Cool, eh?
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Doom Buggy Detailer

A brief note - in this week's Mousetalgia podcast, we talk to a few Imagineers who have been working on the "Seekers of the Weird" comic book, which may or may not interest y'all as Mansion fans - but here's something that might be worth a listen: Imagineer Jim Clark talks briefly about the time they spent with Rolly Crump talking over the Museum of the Weird in detail. Starts around minute 29. You can listen to it directly from the latest Mousetalgia post at micepod.com.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

So when does Haunted Mansion Holiday go down?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mara'sVoice View Post
    So when does Haunted Mansion Holiday go down?
    Jan. 7 - Jan. 17

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Jan. 7 - Jan. 17
    Thanks.
    I can't wait to see if they're adding anything new.

I was looking at some of the Disney Store Haunted Mansion merchandise and I saw this pin set. All of them are inspired by concept art, but I don't recognize the woman holding her own head.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  73.1 KB
    It looks like one of the "sinister eleven" portraits, perhaps an early concept of that? Or possibly a bride?
    Last edited by Mara'sVoice; 12-26-2013 at 07:52 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

It's just another piece of Marc Davis concept art. You can see it HERE. Scroll down.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM