Page 538 of 616 FirstFirst ... 38438488513528535536537538539540541548563588 ... LastLast
Results 8,056 to 8,070 of 9236

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It's just another piece of Marc Davis concept art. You can see it HERE. Scroll down.
    Thanks! I've never seen that concept art before

• Comes out to socialize!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Hello everyone!

I've been a "lurker" on these threads for quite some time.

I love seeing all of the concepts and behind the scenes photos.

Today I finally made an account so that I could join in on the discussion.
    Last edited by Grim Grinnin Ghost; 12-27-2013 at 07:06 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinnin Ghost View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've been a "lurker" on these threads for quite some time.

I love seeing all of the concepts and behind the scenes photos.

Today I finally made an account so that I could join in on the discussion.
    Welcome to the club

Thank you
    Last edited by Grim Grinnin Ghost; 12-28-2013 at 10:54 AM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Speaking of concept art...

We're all familiar with this Marc Davis piece:

Well, this is from the 1955 Chuck Jones directed Bugs Bunny short, "Broomstick Bunny," the second outing for Witch Hazel (she of the priceless cackle and spinning bobby pins in mid-air). This was the first time she was voiced by the inimitable June Foray.

I think it's a gag that could easily occur to people independently, so it could be simple coincidence, but then again, who knows?
    Lonesome Ghost draws my attention to this 1952 Charles Addams cartoon in The New Yorker that may well have inspired both Chuck Jones AND Marc Davis.

Happy New Year everybody.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

I had an interesting idea for a Hatbox Ghost concept.
    He could look just like how he used to, maybe dark cloth clothing and made a little more detailed.
    but instead of just a regular copy of his head in the Hatbox, it's eyes (only for the one in the hatbox) could be like the following busts. And the transition between head in the hatbox and head on his shoulders could be fast.
    So it would give you kind of an unsettling feeling seeing the head actually staring at you.

It would feel creepy seeing that and would give guests a "did you see that? It looked like it was staring at me. There it is again! It was looking at me!" reaction.
    I just thought it would be a cool idea.
    What do you think?

At this point does anyone still think the GDT HM movie is going to happen? was it just a case of convention "vaporware"?

even at the earliest, wouldn't it still be several years away from screen? no script, director, cast, budget, location, etc.
    three years maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinnin Ghost View Post
    I had an interesting idea for a Hatbox Ghost concept.
    He could look just like how he used to, maybe dark cloth clothing and made a little more detailed.
    but instead of just a regular copy of his head in the Hatbox, it's eyes (only for the one in the hatbox) could be like the following busts. And the transition between head in the hatbox and head on his shoulders could be fast.
    So it would give you kind of an unsettling feeling seeing the head actually staring at you.

It would feel creepy seeing that and would give guests a "did you see that? It looked like it was staring at me. There it is again! It was looking at me!" reaction.
    I just thought it would be a cool idea.
    What do you think?
    If they recessed his eyes sufficiently they would get something like that effect automatically (the old half-a-ping-pong-ball gimmick).

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    At this point does anyone still think the GDT HM movie is going to happen? was it just a case of convention "vaporware"?

even at the earliest, wouldn't it still be several years away from screen? no script, director, cast, budget, location, etc.
    three years maybe?
    We're right where we've been for a while now. GDT always says the project is alive whenever he's asked. There have been some preliminary scripts exchanged with Disney, some maquettes. I could imagine a 2018 release date pencilled in. If HM1 is a smash hit, they'll put a HBG figure in the HM like the one in the movie in time for the HM 50th Anny (and DVD release), which could be puffed into a year-long celebration starting in 2018 and ending in August 2019 with a bang. That's my speculation, based on nothing much. HM2 brings in the Museum of the Weird if the Marvel comic is a hit. HM3 is based on the Long-Forgotten Thread.

New post up at the blog.

• Minion

^ Excellent post. I had no idea the parlor room was supposed to be a choice between the COD and EH.

• Minion

Parks Blog has some new shirt/merch designs up for what'll be coming out later in the year.

Exciting New Merchandise on the Horizon for Disney Parks in 2014 « Disney Parks Blog

The Skull motif shirt reminds me of a shirt Phantom Manor got last year and one of the Slave Labor Graphics comics stories.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Wow, those are way better than what they've been coming out with recently. I was starting to worry that the reason I didn't like any of the new designs was just nostalgia and familiarity with the old designs, rather than any legitimate esthetic complaint. I like these, though - I'm glad to know they can still come up with creative and tasteful stuff that isn't just copied from the original art.

On the point of original art, are those HHGs in the bottom right from a piece of concept art, or a new design? They look vaguely familiar, but they're clearly not part of the usual set of images.

• Minion

Looks like a mashup of styles. Phineas is definitely based on Davis's concept art, but the others are not.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

If you look closely at that Skull shirt... that's ol Hattie's silhouette.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Some good designs...but really, back to teasing about the HBG 'coming home' in merchandise again after the push around the 40th and all that? Ugh. Really getting tired of them trotting that out over and over when the character doesn't come back. We'll see I guess.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM