Page 540 of 607 FirstFirst ... 40440490515530537538539540541542543550565590 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9104

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    It's just another piece of Marc Davis concept art. You can see it HERE. Scroll down.
    Huh, how did I miss that post?

In the Tower of London, large as life,
    The ghost of Anne Boleyn walks, they declare.
    For Anne Boleyn was once King Henry's wife,
    Until he had the headsman bob her hair.
    Oh, yes, he did her wrong long years ago,
    And she comes back at night to tell him so.

With her head tucked underneath her arm,
    She walks the Bloody Tower,
    With her head tucked underneath her arm,
    At the midnight hour.

She comes to haunt King Henry; she means giving him what-for
    Gadzooks, she's going to tell him off, for spilling of her gore.
    And just in case the headsman wants to give her an encore,
    She keeps her head tucked underneath her arm.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

My favorite ghost is the Granddaddy of them all, the Ghost Host. He thinks I'm foolish, but he's just so gosh-darn polite about it.

Nice poem about Anne Boleyn.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Comes out to socialize!

Haunted Mansion Holiday is now down.

I asked a CM if they would be adding anything new like the DW Hitchhiking Ghosts, etc. He said no : /

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Grinnin Ghost View Post
    Haunted Mansion Holiday is now down.

I asked a CM if they would be adding anything new like the DW Hitchhiking Ghosts, etc. He said no : /
    Just as well. I'm actually one who liked the new effect at the MK HM (when it was working), but I certainly wouldn't call it better than the original, and I like having both available.

Speaking of new additions, although I know such speculations are obviously pointless given the history, I couldn't help but wonder whether, if true, this tidbit from the latest MiceAge update:

...under the broad nostalgia theme they have decided on for the 60th [Anniversary], where old favorites and long-gone pieces of Disneyland history return for 2015.
    might provide an opportunity for some Imagineer to lobby for a small chunk of budget to install a certain someone, if that functional version that got made is still around. Though, given the limited-time nature of the "return of old favorites" that update discussed and the ongoing possibility of a movie-related tie-in, maybe just as a temporary installation?

Sorry to bring up the old wound...everybody can go get their pitchforks now .

Hello guys,

I wanted to ask you:
    What's your opinion about the Haunted Mansion movie?

My opinion is:
    I love the sets and some of the characters like Ramsley the Butler. I LOVE how the house looks but it hasn't to do much with the Haunted Mansion ride, so the story is not really my thing

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by CDW View Post
    Just as well. I'm actually one who liked the new effect at the MK HM (when it was working), but I certainly wouldn't call it better than the original, and I like having both available.

Speaking of new additions, although I know such speculations are obviously pointless given the history, I couldn't help but wonder whether, if true, this tidbit from the latest MiceAge update:

might provide an opportunity for some Imagineer to lobby for a small chunk of budget to install a certain someone, if that functional version that got made is still around. Though, given the limited-time nature of the "return of old favorites" that update discussed and the ongoing possibility of a movie-related tie-in, maybe just as a temporary installation?

Sorry to bring up the old wound...everybody can go get their pitchforks now .
    You have to wonder what "old favorites" they can actually bring back. Most of the real favorites were big budget items and most of them have something new in their old places. I expect a few token tribute statuettes and stuff.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    You have to wonder what "old favorites" they can actually bring back. Most of the real favorites were big budget items and most of them have something new in their old places. I expect a few token tribute statuettes and stuff.
    Well, according to the article, things like showing the Golden Horseshoe Revue on a longer-term basis, a temporary CircleVision theater in a tent for showing America the Beautiful, bringing back the Christmas star on top of the Matterhorn, and shipping the Main Street Electrical Parade back from Florida are all under consideration. We'll see whether any of it actually comes to pass.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    Nice poem about Anne Boleyn.
    Thanks! It's from an old music-hall song: With her head tucked underneath her arm - Stanley Holloway - YouTube

I always associate it with Stanley Holloway, but Rudy Vallee and the Kingston Trio also recorded it.

maybe an inexpensive "old favorite" they will bring back is the occupied armour in the COD...

• Comes out to socialize!

I actually hope that they add the maid trapped in the mirror effect.
    Last edited by Grim Grinnin Ghost; 01-09-2014 at 07:49 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdwardGracey View Post
    Hello guys,

I wanted to ask you:
    What's your opinion about the Haunted Mansion movie?

My opinion is:
    I love the sets and some of the characters like Ramsley the Butler. I LOVE how the house looks but it hasn't to do much with the Haunted Mansion ride, so the story is not really my thing
    In mein Meinung, es ist schlecht.

Does anyone know where (or how) I can go about getting a dark green tuxedo tails like the ones from the mansion? Doesn't have to be exact, but that would be nice.

Thanks

Happy haunts regale me in song
    The portrait gallery stretches long
    A lively specter is the host
    In this moldering sanctum I cherish most

• Minion

Here is the progress of the removal of HMH. Posted by a user on Mouse Wait.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM