Page 541 of 707 FirstFirst ... 41441491516531538539540541542543544551566591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 10591

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Took the emergency exit to escape you
    Vandalization I could not be subject to
    Seems like it's been forever and a day
    Now my mortal token fee I wish to pay

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Here is the progress of the removal of HMH. Posted by a user on Mouse Wait.
    I was at the park this past Saturday and Sunday and checked in on the Mansion, as well. The most interesting part of the annual January upgrade to me was that the door on the front of the cupola was open most of the day (at least on Sunday). Not sure I'd ever seen that before. I got some pictures (not terribly informative since I only had my phone). I'll upload and post if anyone's interested.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Minion

Reminder that things are getting Weird tomorrow with the release of both Seekers of the Weird and Rolly Crump's new volume of More Cute Stories focused on the Museum and the Mansion.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

Here is a new one from touring plans on twitter
    and @Silent Dante, I think I can see what you're talking about, the window on the cupola looks like it is open

Lurking in the shadows of New Orleans Square
    Nightmare Before Christmas a sight I couldn't bear
    Administered a dole whip out of spite and desperation
    Pirates water smell proved to be no consolation

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Here is a new one from touring plans on twitter
    and @Silent Dante, I think I can see what you're talking about, the window on the cupola looks like it is open
    The tacky decorations are at long last taken down
    The sight of the old Mansion turns my sad frown upside down
    Jack and all his friends have now been rightfully evicted
    Look alive and we'll continue as originally scripted

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    The tacky decorations are at long last taken down
    The sight of the old Mansion turns my sad frown upside down
    Jack and all his friends have now been rightfully evicted
    Look alive and we'll continue as originally scripted
    For Haunted Mansion purists, it is a time of celebration.

Thanks for the picture of the cupola window open!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Are they letting the bats out of the belfry?

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Reminder that things are getting Weird tomorrow with the release of both Seekers of the Weird and Rolly Crump's new volume of More Cute Stories focused on the Museum and the Mansion.
    Review: “Seekers of the Weird” #1 delves into Disney’s darker side as Marvel debuts new comic filled with curiosities | Inside the Magic

• Inhospitable about happy

The comic sounds like it will be interesting.

open window on cupola = ventilation while paint is drying?

I'm working on a history of the DL berm graveyard for an upcoming blog post, and in the process I've created a couple of "magic eye" 3D's that I won't be using, so I'll post them here. The first is from May 91 and the other is from Jan 92. Two sizes to fit two viewing comfort levels. I get a lot of pleasure from the first one, which really gives you some depth of field and a Viewmaster "you are there" feeling.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

open window on cupola = ventilation while paint is drying?
    I was thinking something similar, or possibly access to remove some of the debris (ok, fine, "decorations") from the roof. Here's the shots I took.

image by EliCubs, on Flickr

Thanks for the Magic Eyes, HBG2! Always fun (even if it does strain my eyes to stare too long).
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Mr. Ghost

I would think that the cupola would be the only access to the widow's walk. It would be unsightly to have modern ladders on the rear of the house. A question that was brought up by HBG2's post is whether the buggies actually swing from side to side. I didn't see it on the plans, and it's hard to tell from videos. My brother had the same sensation of turning on his tours.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I would think that the cupola would be the only access to the widow's walk. It would be unsightly to have modern ladders on the rear of the house. A question that was brought up by HBG2's post is whether the buggies actually swing from side to side. I didn't see it on the plans, and it's hard to tell from videos. My brother had the same sensation of turning on his tours.
    I don't think there is interior access to the cupola. It's just a hut sitting on the roof.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

The solicits for the next couple issues of the MOTW comic are indicating that the Walking Chair will be a big part of the second issue and the mushroom creatures and Seance Room will be in the third one.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM