Page 552 of 721 FirstFirst ... 52452502527542549550551552553554555562577602652 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 10804

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Mansion Update 3/4/2014:

Granny is back, big as life/death.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Mansion Update 3/4/2014:

Granny is back, big as life/death.
    I didn't know Granny had gone missing... Only thing that I've heard about recently are that the duelists went missing. Did I miss something?

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I didn't know Granny had gone missing... Only thing that I've heard about recently are that the duelists went missing. Did I miss something?
    When I was out at DLR in July 2013, I believe Granny was present, Deaf Old Man (or whatever we call him) was still missing, and I don't recall hearing the duelists' gunshots.

It's hard faro to keep up with updates of the attraction at DL since I live on the East Coast, and that Mansion ride I took in July 2013 was (confession time) my first time riding ANY of the Mansions EVER. But that doesn't mean I don't know my way around Mansion history.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Rode the Mansion several times past few days - there is a audible clanking noise, as if of a single chain, at the point of exiting the vehicles just past the HHG mirrors. But the nature of it to my ears - mundanely mechanical and repeats identically in a very short period of time, not at all showy or dramatic in use - makes me think it is clearly not an designed sound effect patterned after the 'ghosts rattling chains' chestnut but something pertaining to the under-the-floor doombuggy guide mechanics in that area - pulling them up and around the corner back to the load section perhaps, or a straight section just needs to be oiled and there's no loud music there to cover up the natural sounds of the mechanical elements.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Minion

I reported Granny missing back in post #8233. February is my first time back since late last May.

• Minion

I noticed that last night (Saturday). It happened sometime between yesterday and my last visit two weeks ago on February 8th when I did my "blow the dust on the chandelier" trick. Last night I looked up and -- no dust.

Granny may be in her rocker but she's ill-lit and the most I could see was a blob. Same with the legs under the table. There's *something* there but it's not clear. Conversely, the candle-blower still seems overlit to me and the table guests seem to appear for a much briefer period than before, flashing on and then off almost immediately. The right trio of dancers also seem to be over-lit, more opaque than "ghostly" (and I never remember being able to see distinct colors in the mannequins, like red hair).

They've moved the piles of dirt on the floor of the broken wall crypts behind the unload walkway (used to be an obvious mess, now you have to look around for it).

But we still have our classic HHGs and for that I'm thankful!
    I reported Granny missing back in post #8233. February is my first time back since late last May.
    Actually, you did not report Granny as missing; only that "Granny may be in her rocker but she's ill-lit and the most I could see was a blob."

That is why I was so confused...

• Minion

Actually, you did not report Granny as missing; only that "Granny may be in her rocker but she's ill-lit and the most I could see was a blob."

That is why I was so confused...
    Now I know the "blob" that I saw before was the book on her lap. That was all that I could see before. Now the entire figure is brightly lit (when she appears). Sorry for the confusion.

The legs are still difficult to see and impossible to identify as legs unless you know that's what they are.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 03-07-2014 at 07:46 AM.

• Minion

Mansion Update 3/7/2014 (two rides in the evening):

The Conservatory Raven fell face-first and was dangling with nothing but his back showing. Poor birdy.

Leota was not floating (but I prefer this classic configuration so no complaints from me).

Heard some clanking sounds just past the HHGs on my first time through, but not the second time through.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Mansion Update 3/7/2014 (two rides in the evening):

The Conservatory Raven fell face-first and was dangling with nothing but his back showing. Poor birdy.
    Looks like they... FLIPPED YOU THE BIRD.

• Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Quick question for all of you, RE the Tokyo Haunted Mansion...

The face that 'grows' out of the painting in the Corridor of Doors (exclusive to that attraction)...what kind of material is used for that effect, so that the face can 'stretch' out, and then the material returns to a 'flat' state?

Name:  TokyoHM_Face01.png
Views: 393
Size:  130.3 KB

I need to obtain some of this material (or something similar, inexpensive) for my 'Daark Valley' project, as I want to feature a sequence where small hands and faces seem to be trying to 'push out' through the walls as visitors pass by...

Thanks in advance!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

It used to be on latex sheeting, I believe its now a printed spandex material.

PERFECT, thank you, GDR999...I figured it was one of those two...both are kind of 'pricey' to purchase, so I will have to consider a less expensive alternative...but THANK YOU...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    That makes me sad.

But . . .

Mansion Update 3/11/2014 (two rides in the afternoon):

The Conservatory Raven is back up and flapping, none the worse for wear.

Leota was on the table again (still not complaining).

Are the floating and table-bound Leota the same? I haven't been able to see any wires around the tabled Leota.

Something I haven't mentioned but have seen consistently since I've started going regularly again is that the left-hand stretching gallery's hanging Ghost Host makes practically a 180 degree turn during his brief appearance while the straight-ahead stretching gallery's hanging Ghost Host barely turns at all. I remember there being a discrepancy between the movement of the two when I was a frequent visitor two years ago but don't remember it being as huge a difference as it seems now.

• Minion

Leota was on the table again (still not complaining).

Are the floating and table-bound Leota the same? I haven't been able to see any wires around the tabled Leota.
    No, there are two separate crystal balls and two separate Leotas. Quite often, the floating Leota is still hanging in the scene up near the ceiling, with a black cloth draped over it when regular Leota is in use on the table.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM