Page 558 of 596 FirstFirst ... 58458508533548555556557558559560561568583 ... LastLast
Results 8,356 to 8,370 of 8933

• Mr. Ghost

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Just in case you thought no one noticed.

I learned a few new things. They discontinued the live knight for budget reasons, not safety reasons. They were seriously planning a groom figure for the attic and maybe a phantom figure for the graveyard before the project ended.
    Maybe there will be a post on this, a double feature with coffin guy/ live knight. But there may not be enough material for coffin guy besides an assembly diagram and the track blueprints. Which makes me wonder if CG was planned from the start or a last minute addition.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Haunted Mansion Update 4/14/2014 (2 rides in the evening around 8 PM):

The crowd seemed much lighter than I would expect for Spring Break -- they weren't using any of the queue other than a direct walk up to the Mansion.

The conservatory is still on the dark side. The right dueler has disappeared (the left one still appears and shoots) and the organist is still a shapeless blob. Both times I think I was in buggies that had those red and green lights under them (which is every fifth one, whatever they're for) so I couldn't see them.

And who knows, this may not make another 2,000 posts...but I am fairly certain certain things may crop up to talk about/obsess over, even if it be just current Mansion photos or small tidbits of spooky goodness on the peripheral edges of Mansionness...that would be fine with me, anything else is gravy

Anyone else up waiting for the gravy moon???
    My first time on this thread, and yes I have been a nay sayer about this attraction.

My pleasure, and welcome, first-time HM Thread poster! If you dig the Mansion, do "drop in" now and again...if the previous six (!) are any indicator, there shall be much interesting to see over time...

Why, thank you, is not this lunacy , waiting for jimmy Fallon's moon and then outside into the Oregon midnight hour

Stood outside the spookiness for an hour and just like that, attraction closure!!!!! Cloud cover came over the clearness that was seen at 10:30. Well that is the way it is here in oregon, we have mountains of great tasting water and all the clouds that have covered those snow covered volcanoes.

• ...and the Flowers Croon

I just finished Day 4 of a five day pass. My first ride through HM, on Friday, things seemed really dimly lit, particularly in the conservatory, as a PP mentioned. Subsequent rides have been better -- lighting seems much more balanced. But not in the ballroom -- that's just a disaster, with some ghosts so brightly lit they look more like figures than reflections, and others barely discernible.

But it doesn't diminish my joy at seeing the Mansion for the first time in three years.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirdsSingWords View Post
    I just finished Day 4 of a five day pass. My first ride through HM, on Friday, things seemed really dimly lit, particularly in the conservatory, as a PP mentioned. Subsequent rides have been better -- lighting seems much more balanced. But not in the ballroom -- that's just a disaster, with some ghosts so brightly lit they look more like figures than reflections, and others barely discernible.

But it doesn't diminish my joy at seeing the Mansion for the first time in three years.
    *sigh* Well, I won't complain, since the HM will be open when me and the Mrs. go to DL next month. I'll be traipsing around May 21, 21, 23. Nice to see POTC and IASW will be open on the 23rd after long refurbs. It shooor would be nice if they could make a few adjustments to the lighting at the HM, but I won't count on it.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I rode the WDW HM today and the Attic Portraits are all functioning differently. The husband's heads don't disappear, the photo simply goes dark, only to be re-lit within a few seconds, and the process repeats. Anyone else notice this? Oh yeah, and I know I haven't been around here in like a year, but I'm back and here to stay this time!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I saw the same thing riding through last night. Other than that the Mansion looked good.

OK, I'm about to head out to ride the WDW Mansion. Be prepared for some pics within the next few hours!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Ok, I don't have any pics yet, but I noticed that the Mr. Toad statue was removed from the pet cemetery.

I think I saw it in an auction somewhere... Not entirely sure though.

Are you sure you didn't just miss it? I thought it was a little hard to spot.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Unfortunately I'm 100% sure. I spent about five minutes scanning the area. I'm in line again, so I'll double check when I get up to it.

I just double checked, and he is nowhere to be seen.

Update!
    I just talked to a CM, and Mr. Toad is simply being repaired and should return soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by xFoolishMortalx; 04-16-2014 at 02:45 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

That's a very nice picture of the pop up in front of the tea party. Thanks.

Speaking of pix. Apropos of nothing in particular, here are a couple of new and improved images of the bulging door in The Haunting, with a new side-by-side comparison to the HM version.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Ugh, the pictures I took are too big. I'll see what I can do and they should be up tomorrow.
    "Lemme outta here!"

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That's a great pop-up photo indeed...thanks FM! Hope you have a great time at the parks.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM