Page 560 of 616 FirstFirst ... 60460510535550557558559560561562563570585610 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 9236

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I wish they would bring the berm graveyard back. It would be a relatively easy thing to do and it would add so much charm to the extended queue.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Man, I'm having some serious DL Mansion withdrawal. I just got back from the WDW one a week ago but haven't been to DL since the summer of 2012. I need get out there this year! All the talk just makes me miss it more, haha.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Inhospitable about happy

post is up
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Lighting is still wacky at Disneyland Mansion. The conservatory windows are still dark. Again, kind of a cool effect, but not right. I think it's been over a month now. Was this a deliberate change? The ballroom is also still a mess. It seems like every week, something is slightly different, some things are repaired to a degree and others are suddenly screwed up. For instance, you can now faintly see the duelers and the organ player's entire body. However, now the table ghosts seem to only appear for a split second and the illumination of the dancing ghosts seems too bright.

• Minion

There are two updates this time since I happened to find myself at DL on two nights in a row.

I. Haunted Mansion Update 4/25/2014 - Mansion in the Rain! (9 rides in the evening starting around 9:30 PM)

I arrived around 8:30 PM and it started to rain around 9 while I was on the Matterhorn. It would continue on and off for the rest of the night but I wouldn't let rain stop me so made my way over to New Orleans Square. Gee, that big Mansion looks like a warm, inviting place to wait out the storm. Oh, it's haunted. Even better.

There was something extra to entering the Mansion during the rain -- like one of those old dark house movies (including The Old Dark House, which starts with a torrential downpour) -- and might account for my unusually large number of rides. I usually only ride 3 or 4 times in one visit but somehow made 9 trips through the Mansion that fateful evening. Two highlights:

Ride #4: On this ride I saw every single pop-up ghost in the graveyard. If you know my posts you know that I loves me some pop-up ghosts and I hit the timing of the first three perfectly (and that third pop-up is one rare bird) and then around ol' Blasty the Doom Buggies slowed to a crawl (to assist someone in load/unload presumably) then came to a complete stop. The slow-down, stop, and restart of the Bugggies resulted in me seeing all the rest of the pop-ups.

Ride #8: 11:30 PM and a small group enters the Stretching Gallery. Nobody has a cell phone out casting unwelcome light and nobody recites/screams along with the Ghost Host. The entire scene plays out exactly as intended. I can't tell you how sadly rare this seems to be nowadays.

Now the typical report:
    The items reported by Great Movie Rider are accurate, though the left group of dancers are properly "ghostly." The organist was still dimly lit, with no head (but see below!). The right dueler, who was missing on my last visit, has returned.

I stayed until closing and here's a (bad cell phone) picture I snapped as I was leaving.

Name:  HM_rain_140425b.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  72.3 KB

II. Haunted Mansion Update 4/26/2014 (2 rides in the evening starting before 10:00 PM)

The organist's head is back!

The piano player, despite being present the night before, was gone this night.

• Grim Grinning

My sister and I got a similar ride on the 22nd. We got there 1 minute before closing. There were about 10 people total in the elevator, it was amazing to have total silence.

• Foolish Mortal

I noticed both duelers were back as well this past Wednesday evening.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Name:  hbg.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  53.3 KB

*Checks date... not April 1st*

Posted on Twitter today by @laughingplace... what do we think?

Art in Disney Gallery at Disneyland showing the Hatbox Ghost could be coming to HM in August! (Photo @JasoninSD)

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Interesting. ^^^^^^

and thank you HBG2 for the blog update. I always love reading your posts!
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Name:  hbg.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  53.3 KB

*Checks date... not April 1st*

Posted on Twitter today by @laughingplace... what do we think?

Art in Disney Gallery at Disneyland showing the Hatbox Ghost could be coming to HM in August! (Photo @JasoninSD)

"Lemme outta here!"

• Dapper Dan-nabe

It would be odd for anything to materialize in August, as it would only be there a month (at most) before Jack Skellington comes in and mucks things up. I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    It would be odd for anything to materialize in August, as it would only be there a month (at most) before Jack Skellington comes in and mucks things up. I wouldn't get too excited just yet.
    That is what I was thinking... unless we get two miracles; HBG returns and no HMH this year!

Too much to hope for... (apologies to HMH fans)

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    That is what I was thinking... unless we get two miracles; HBG returns and no HMH this year!
    Or they delay HMH and let the Mansion reign during the Halloween festivities.

The pictures seem to show the entire character appearing and not just his head. And he's in front of a door.

A totally wild idea is that they'd use a live actor in a costume.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Or they delay HMH and let the Mansion reign during the Halloween festivities.

The pictures seem to show the entire character appearing and not just his head. And he's in front of a door.

A totally wild idea is that they'd use a live actor in a costume.
    please, please, please, please, please be true. lol
    And one day I hope for a brand new Nightmare before Christmas ride to come and evict Jack out of the mansion for good.

Don't mean to go off topic, but lately I've been wondering the whereabouts of the attic pop-ups. Does anybody have an idea?
    "Lemme outta here!"

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM