Page 561 of 726 FirstFirst ... 61461511536551558559560561562563564571586611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 10890

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Interesting to see in that picture is that The Hatbox Ghost appears to have been Photoshopped into a Corridor of Doors-like setting, and some of the ancillary images depict the Corridor. I don't suppose it would make much sense with regards to either the integrity of the Mansion's plot line (no ghosts before Leota) or the amount of physical space in the Corridor -- perhaps they have something else in mind? The straight image of the wallpaper makes me wonder if they plan on bringing over the blinking eyes effect from Orlando.

The progression of April/December is pinned up there too - I wonder if that means anything.

Would love to see if anyone knows anything we don't about all this!
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

So glad to hear silent stretching room rides still happen. And no cell phones during it? Amazing!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Don't mean to go off topic, but lately I've been wondering the whereabouts of the attic pop-ups. Does anybody have an idea?
    Constance scared them away.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Attachment 35863

*Checks date... not April 1st*

Posted on Twitter today by @laughingplace... what do we think?

Art in Disney Gallery at Disneyland showing the Hatbox Ghost could be coming to HM in August! (Photo @JasoninSD)

If we take those hints at face value, it all seems to be saying that the HBG will appear in the COD doorway that currently features the jiggling doorknob gag. That's the door pictured (and notice also the close-up of a COD doorknob). Hard to know what to make of the Leota shot or the April-December set. As for August 2014, that's the Mansion's 45th anniversary of course.

The explicit sign, MATERIALIZING AUGUST 2014 is pretty damn specific for a ruse, even by their standards.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

I suppose it's possible, given it's location in the Disney Gallery, that they're advertising an upcoming Haunted Mansion or Hatbox Ghost themed Show in the gallery, but surely they'd know better than to be even mildly vague about this, right??
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Inhospitable about happy

I'm sure it means nothing, but ironically enough, back in 2009, when hopes of the HBG's return were running at fever pitch (thanks to Disney's 40th Anny pr*ck-teasing), I threw out a couple of photoshop doodles that put the HBG in COD style doorways.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Would the WDW glowing eyes work at Disneyland in a position relative to the Magic Kingdom version? I think it's too bright in that area currently and the wallpaper isn't right.

• Creepy Creep w Eerie Eyes

I'm wondering why they would put him in the Corridor of Doors, possibly it's a tie-in with the upcoming Del Toro movie?
    Maybe as you go through the hall, the HBG portraits' faces disappear when you pass by until you come face to face with the real Hatbox Ghost?
    Last edited by Grim Grinnin Ghost; 04-29-2014 at 01:59 PM.

• Tickets please...

If Hattie is going to return to the Mansion, be it Corridor of Doors or wherever... then great! Even though it seems I won't be visiting in August now, and instead going next year... just my luck they'll put him back in the Mansion then. But if not... then that's just cruel... they know that this will make Mansion fans hope for Hattie, yet again.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

This is in the same room they ink and paint cells. According to Inside the Magic, cast members are telling guests that they plan on inking special HBG cells in August. So what could be a hint of a return could really be a hint of a new merchandise offering.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Attachment 35863

*Checks date... not April 1st*

Posted on Twitter today by @laughingplace... what do we think?

Art in Disney Gallery at Disneyland showing the Hatbox Ghost could be coming to HM in August! (Photo @JasoninSD)

This is definitively not for the actual AA/character returning, as far as I know - these are hung on the wall by the artist's desk viewing area in the Gallery, and talked to the guy who was there that day. The elements are reference for a very limited-edition art piece (maybe 100 total) that is being worked on featuring Hatbox, hence all the different Mansion details/elements to be incorporated into one drawing.

Another false hope it seems, if people took it as hinting at something more.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

On a more positive note, the attraction stopped yesterday when riding the Mansion directly in line with the ballroom banshees, which decent photos of are rare - so I tried taking a few. This is the best one - you can't see form of course of the face or the rest, but I like it for the ephemeral look of the flying figures, and the fact it resembles many purported 'true' ghost photographs a great deal.

when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Oh no. Look at the left side of the frame. It can't be, but yes, it's ... Ghost Chicken !!

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    I like it for the ephemeral look of the flying figures, and the fact it resembles many purported 'true' ghost photographs a great deal.

Love the shot. It's eerie
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM