Page 562 of 584 FirstFirst ... 62462512537552559560561562563564565572 ... LastLast
Results 8,416 to 8,430 of 8757

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
    Oh no. Look at the left side of the frame. It can't be, but yes, it's ... Ghost Chicken !!
    lol, it does look like one, but it is really Pickwick holding a drink

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Like it. Do.

There's some Marc Davis HM artwork at the Walt Disney Family Museum show in San Francisco. I haven't been (yet), but pictures are starting to appear, and one of them enabled me to improve on my existing copy of this concept art:

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Tickets please...

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    On a more positive note, the attraction stopped yesterday when riding the Mansion directly in line with the ballroom banshees, which decent photos of are rare - so I tried taking a few. This is the best one - you can't see form of course of the face or the rest, but I like it for the ephemeral look of the flying figures, and the fact it resembles many purported 'true' ghost photographs a great deal.

Great pic, not often have I seen photos of that particular part of the ride.

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I'm sure it means nothing, but ironically enough, back in 2009, when hopes of the HBG's return were running at fever pitch (thanks to Disney's 40th Anny pr*ck-teasing), I threw out a couple of photoshop doodles that put the HBG in COD style doorways.
    I wouldn't put it past them to insert the HBG AA that was at the convention for a very high-priced ticketed event...
    it would go along with Disney's cater-to-the-super-rich philosophy ...

A couple of new, fun items this morning.

Someone sold on eekbay a small miscellany of HM docs, including a 1975 SOP for cast members that has been around forever. More interesting are these: a previously unknown 1969 schematic for the ride (not detailed enough to call it a "blueprint"). Always worth checking out the attic on those. Most mysterious is that it seems to show something to the right of Beating Heart, a pop-up or figure or something (just a square box, like the other figures). Best of all, though, is the fact that it shows BOTH of the HHG mirror effect setups, superimposed on each other (the ghostie-go-round and the wavy screen).

The other item of interest is that in 1993 they apparently were working on a HM novelty item that never made the light of day. It involved photographing the customer and creating a "follow-you bust" concave image of the customer's face in vacu-formed plastic.

Why didn't this item appear? My guess: believe it or not, some folks don't know how the illusion is created, so why put out this spoiler as a for-sale item?

• Mr. Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Don't mean to go off topic, but lately I've been wondering the whereabouts of the attic pop-ups. Does anybody have an idea?
    Probably at the Disney Imagineering archives with the old brides.

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    Probably at the Disney Imagineering archives with the old brides.
    That is quite possible, but they may just be stored in the ride operating room at Disneyland. I know Walt Disney World still has their old Attic bride down in the Utilidors. I know that the Graveyard pop-ups are identical to how they were since opening day, they just don't have audio tracks installed anymore, but there's still a speaker where they are.

I know Walt Disney World still has their old Attic bride down in the Utilidors. I know that the Graveyard pop-ups are identical to how they were since opening day, they just don't have audio tracks installed anymore, but there's still a speaker where they are.
    The old WDW bride is not in the Utilidors but in the Disney archives. The old popups are kept as backups for the graveyard popups, which are NOT the originals.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Technically, the smurfette bride (from Orlando, according to the press releases and signage) is currently on display in Chicago at the Museum of Science and Industry as part of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit. Just saw her there a couple of weeks ago. I'd prove it with pictures, but would need to wait until I got home to upload them.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The old WDW bride is not in the Utilidors but in the Disney archives. The old popups are kept as backups for the graveyard popups, which are NOT the originals.
    Are you sure that the pre-2007 (not talking about the '71 one, talking about the one they were using prior to refurbishment) bride is at the Disney archives? I mean, I heard a WDW CM (he used to be a WDW HM butler, he was forced to move to Fantasyland when New Fantasyland debuted in November 2012) tell me from his own mouth that the pre-2007 bride is still in the WDW Utilidors.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreVog View Post
    Are you sure that the pre-2007 (not talking about the '71 one, talking about the one they were using prior to refurbishment) bride is at the Disney archives? I mean, I heard a WDW CM (he used to be a WDW HM butler, he was forced to move to Fantasyland when New Fantasyland debuted in November 2012) tell me from his own mouth that the pre-2007 bride is still in the WDW Utilidors.
    The last beating heart bride was the blue-faced "Smurfette" bride that SilentDante just said he saw on display in Chicago. See post #8424.

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The last beating heart bride was the blue-faced "Smurfette" bride that SilentDante just said he saw on display in Chicago.
    Right. Smurfette Bride is the one I'm referring to that the WDW HM CM said is still down in the Utilidors.

• Minion

Right. Smurfette Bride is the one I'm referring to that the WDW HM CM said is still down in the Utilidors.
    If it's currently on display in Chicago, then it cannot currently be in Utilidors.

• Thumb Twiddler

Not sure if anyone's seen these eyesores, but here's a few comparison images I made for my blog. It shows terrible neglect to the WDW HM's Stretch Rooms. The first photo shows a crooked ceiling (which is in both Stretch Rooms, Stretch 1's is worse), while the second photo shows tears in the wallpaper of Stretch 2. The 2nd photo with the wallpaper tears won't upload, working on it...

Name:  Crooked Ceiling Stretch Room.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  183.1 KB

Your CM is wrong.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM