Page 563 of 725 FirstFirst ... 63463513538553560561562563564565566573588613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 10872

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Orlando Mansion Bride by EliCubs, on Flickr

Sorry it's a little blurry, but this was taken April 21, by me. I can 100% confirm that I was not in the utilidor in Orlando.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Some concept sketches we've never seen:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo...haunted-mansio

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Some concept sketches we've never seen:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo...haunted-mansio
    Wow, just wow. Seems like there is no end to the artwork produced for this ride.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Grim Grinning

I swear at one point they did actually have some sort of furniture hanging with the corpse. Am I just imagining that? Other than that one query, very cool!

It doesn't seem to be 'floating furniture'. It looks like the floor to the attic room became transparent for us to view him. The hanging man was trapped in the room. The furniture is on the plane of where the floor should be.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

So I've noticed in the past month that you're no longer allowed to ride alone in the Disneyland Mansion. What I mean is, waiting in the changing portrait corridor for your tour group to board the buggies and then proceeding so there's no one around you. They now make you wait for the next group to arrive at the loading belt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    So I've noticed in the past month that you're no longer allowed to ride alone in the Disneyland Mansion. What I mean is, waiting in the changing portrait corridor for your tour group to board the buggies and then proceeding so there's no one around you. They now make you wait for the next group to arrive at the loading belt.
    A month ago I got a solo ride and then later in the evening was made to wait for the next group. I haven't tried it since.

Maybe it's because the exit ramp CMs needs to be there when guests disembark and they're not constantly walking the moving ramp at night when isolated groups are sent through, as opposed to a constant stream during busier times.

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    A month ago I got a solo ride and then later in the evening was made to wait for the next group. I haven't tried it since.

Maybe it's because the exit ramp CMs needs to be there when guests disembark and they're not constantly walking the moving ramp at night when isolated groups are sent through, as opposed to a constant stream during busier times.
    Well, either way, it sucks. At WDW, they'll pretty much allow you to go whenever you want, & they'll let you ride around as many times as you want until they're sick of seeing your face. Honestly, IMHO, I believe it depends on the cast that are actually working at the Mansion. I've encountered maids as sweet as cherry pie & others who were threatening to call security on me all because I asked such generic, innocuous questions.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I swear at one point they did actually have some sort of furniture hanging with the corpse. Am I just imagining that? Other than that one query, very cool!
    Yes, you are imagining that. There has never been anything up there with him.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

I'm not sure if anybody's seen this, but it's awesome! Mesa Verde Times: NEW HORIZONS DISCOVERY! Hold on TIGHT!
    "Lemme outta here!"

GIF from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    I'm not sure if anybody's seen this, but it's awesome! Mesa Verde Times: NEW HORIZONS DISCOVERY! Hold on TIGHT!
    The version of "Little Leota" pictured in that article is from Phantom Manor, not The Haunted Mansion.

• Mr. Ghost

That furniture sketch would push the theory that what we see up there was in the past. A window into a room where a man hanged himself complete with furniture. Some reports of paranormal activity claim people have seen glimpses of a room in the past, and when they look again, the room is normal.

(I'm just typing for something to say, not cause problems.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright
    That furniture sketch would push the theory that what we see up there was in the past. A window into a room where a man hanged himself complete with furniture. Some reports of paranormal activity claim people have seen glimpses of a room in the past, and when they look again, the room is normal.
    I don't agree about the furniture because it could just be showing what's presently in the room above, but I do say the scene in the ride takes place in the past.

Hexagonal cupola.
    Six windows, unbroken, with curtains.
    Three horizontal muntins on each window.

Octagonal cupola.
    Four windows, some broken, with no curtains.
    Four horizontal muntins on each window.

The only thing the two have in common is the style of the windows.

Like I've said before, I think you're seeing a glimpse of "the old house" before it was destroyed and the current mansion built.

The octagonal chambers transport guests into a ghostly "memory" of the old house, so the only parts of the present-day mansion that you actually see are the foyer and one of two near-identical portrait galleries.

The bone crash supports the theory as well (at least for the there's always my way moment), but it contradicts the idea of a closed-off attic room like in that concept sketch. Maybe the cupola of the old mansion had a spiral staircase leading up to it, and that's how he got up there.
    Last edited by SmellyOrangutan; 05-10-2014 at 08:35 PM.

BTW, anyone ever notice the extra beam that the corpse is hanging from?

• Grim Grinning

That photo explains why I thought there was furniture up there at one point. Must have been just light enough to make long shadows across the scrim or something.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM