Page 566 of 618 FirstFirst ... 66466516541556563564565566567568569576591616 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 9267

Close enough to the DLR to keep me satisfied.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I just went yesterday and noticed that the chandelier in the foyer had literally no dust on it whatsover. Isn't it usually coated with dust, like this?

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

It happened in mid-February. I saw the dust on 2/8/2014 (my first visit this year) and Great Movie Rider posted that it was missing on 2/23/2014 here:
    The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 05-15-2014 at 08:44 AM.

• Inhospitable about happy

If it still looks too dark inside the HM when you ride it at night, then yes, it's too dark in there.
    From what I've been told, "adjusting the overall lighting" inside the ride is much more complicated than it sounds.

By the way, I made several major modifications to the old Ballroom Organ blog post today, in case anyone is interested.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

FWIW, my eyes don't see any overall light difference between my (obsessive) 2012 riding, my two visits in 2013, and my (rapidly-becoming-obsessive) 2014 riding. During the day the interior looks a little darker until my eyes adjust (usually by the ballroom) and at night it's much easier to "see the wires."

Actually, I remember long-again rides where gliding up the stairs from the loading platform led to complete pitch darkness and I can't say that's happened in 2012, 2013 or 2014. That kept me out of the Mansion for *decades* but I'd relish it now.

Found this today:
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

That's a nice video. It dates no later than summer 2001.

Another observation about darkness inside the HM. It doesn't mean much to say your eyes are 90% adjusted unless you know how much of the show is in that remaining 10%. If a wall is barely but properly and adequately visible for a proper haunted house environment, it's likely among the last 10% of your adjustment, being at the edge of your night vision, not somewhere in the middle. In other words, the difference between a 90% and a 100% adjustment to darkness is going to be dramatic, since far more than 10% of the things supposed to be dimly visible will be in that final 10% of adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Another observation about darkness inside the HM. It doesn't mean much to say your eyes are 90% adjusted unless you know how much of the show is in that remaining 10%. If a wall is barely but properly and adequately visible for a proper haunted house environment, it's likely among the last 10% of your adjustment, being at the edge of your night vision, not somewhere in the middle. In other words, the difference between a 90% and a 100% adjustment to darkness is going to be dramatic, since far more than 10% of the things supposed to be dimly visible will be in that final 10% of adjustment.
    For some reason, I can see in the dark amazingly. I can see perfectly in both the American Mansions, not to mention countless other haunted attractions. I can only imagine how much it must suck to find it harder to see in darker environments.
    "Lemme outta here!"

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING! I'm getting antsy from lack of discussion.
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING! I'm getting antsy from lack of discussion.
    SOMETHING.

Feel better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    SOMETHING.

Feel better now?
    "Lemme outta here!"

I'm miserable without Haunted Mansion. I haven't been to Disneyland in a week. My Annual Pass payment was the last of my money. I'm completely broke until Friday, at which point I will attend the 24-hour thing and make up for utter lack of Haunted Mansion by riding it the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I'm miserable without Haunted Mansion. I haven't been to Disneyland in a week. My Annual Pass payment was the last of my money. I'm completely broke until Friday, at which point I will attend the 24-hour thing and make up for utter lack of Haunted Mansion by riding it the majority of the time.
    I, too, for different reasons, am going through Mansion withdrawal. I haven't been to the DL Mansion since the summer of 2012, and have only been on the WDW Mansion a few times since. Luckily, I am going back to DL in July.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Which version of the loading area do we prefer? Magic Kingdom's relatively unequivocal hallway or Disneyland's preternatural misty boundless realm of the supernatural?

I LOVE DL's loading area. WDW's loading area comes close, but not before 2007. It was just a blank room until they moved the Sinister 11.
    "Lemme outta here!"

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM