Page 568 of 607 FirstFirst ... 68468518543558565566567568569570571578593 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 9104

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Haunted Mansion Update 5/12/2014 (3 rides early evening, 4 rides 8-9 PM):

The dude hanging from the right of the chandelier is missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreVog View Post
    I've been told that they're out for maintenance by a guy who works as a stagehand there.
    Haunted Mansion Update 5/18/2014 (5 rides at 8 AM opening, 1 ride at 6:30 PM):

The dude on the right of the chandelier is still missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreVog View Post
    It's quite possible that PickWick (who I will presume to be the right ghost on the right chandelier since I don't know what that is) is out for the maintenance. My update was given to me on Friday, & BigCatrik gave his update on Sunday, so I'd assume that PickWick is out for maintenance or something of that sort since he was there on Friday.
    Your source was wrong. Pickwick, the Dickensian character hanging by his cane from the chandelier, has been out for a while now. HBG2 also told you who Pickwick was. YOU yourself replied about it back on May 12th, so you already knew he was missing back then, and is still missing now. So, Pickwick wasn't there on Friday. I suggest you scroll back to May 12th and re-read the posts from then to the present.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 05-19-2014 at 05:32 PM.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I thought you Mansioneers might enjoy this cute piece on Gothic novels:

How to tell you're reading a gothic novel – in pictures | Books | theguardian.com

So I have felt for a long time that the Leota tombstone at WDW was inspired by the statue scene from Interview with the Vampire. Louis sees the statue appear to open its eyes for a moment after he is turned into a vampire. It's the same kind of effect as the Leota tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    So I have felt for a long time that the Leota tombstone at WDW was inspired by the statue scene from Interview with the Vampire. Louis sees the statue appear to open its eyes for a moment after he is turned into a vampire. It's the same kind of effect as the Leota tombstone.
    I can see that for sure.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

OK, let's talk the DL Hitchhikers. So, we all know that currently, they are in great condition:
    Name:  hm hitchhiking ghosts 2.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  180.7 KB

But before, they were in shambles. I found these photos at Disney Geekery:
    Name:  hm hhg 1.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  33.3 KBName:  hm hhg 0.jpg
Size:  34.5 KB

I'm wondering two things:
    1. When were these old ones refurbished/replaced?
    2. Are these the 1969 originals?
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    OK, let's talk the DL Hitchhikers. So, we all know that currently, they are in great condition:
Views: 302

But before, they were in shambles. I found these photos at Disney Geekery:
    Name:  hm hhg 1.jpg
Size:  33.3 KBName:  hm hhg 0.jpg
Size:  34.5 KB

I'm wondering two things:
    1. When were these old ones refurbished/replaced?
    2. Are these the 1969 originals?
    How can you tell the difference between the DL versions and the WDW versions? I think the older pics may be the old WDW figures...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    How can you tell the difference between the DL versions and the WDW versions? I think the older pics may be the old WDW figures...
    Aha, my friend, there is one distinct difference between WDW's and DL's HHGS: WDW's had full hands with an arm bent at the elbow, while DL's simply have the nubs of their hands.

WDW:
    Name:  tumblr_moapdzWW1P1svvl99o4_5001-300x225.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  15.5 KB

DL:
Views: 256
    Last edited by xFoolishMortalx; 05-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    WDW's had full hands with an arm bent at the elbow,
    It's odd since we know many figures/effects were made simultaneously for both Mansions and put in storage until Florida needed them, though they don't really need thumbs at that point since they've already found a ride.

It's odd since we know many figures/effects were made simultaneously for both Mansions and put in storage until Florida needed them, though they don't really need thumbs at that point since they've already found a ride.
    It is somewhat strange. It makes me wonder if WDW's Hattie was any different than his DL brother.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Yeeesh. Other than those attic shots and some of the graveyard, what an annoying video. You should get combat pay for slogging through it.
    At least it featured the classic, glowing eyed Bride (my personal fave) rather than Chatty Cathy...
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Meanwhile at Phantom Manor in October, 2004 -

Disappointing they got that and still receive dedicated, Halloween-specific decorations for outside the Manor (though Jack and Sally face characters meet guests nearby too), and we still are stuck with Nightmare during Halloween in Anaheim...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Theme Park Bits: New Ratatouille Video, Haunted Mansion, FastPass Plus, Potential Shanghai Star Wars - /Film

Thoughts?
    Just wishful thinking (as usual), or more to this?

Name:  HatboxRumor.gif
Views: 196
Size:  139.0 KB

"August 2014 marks the 45h anniversary of the classic Disney ride The Haunted Mansionand it seems, one of the most popular characters could be returning. The Hatbox Ghost, who only appeared on the ride for a few days because the effect didn’t work, might be returning for a rumored refurbishment timed to the anniversary. Inside the Magic has the scoop, where a reader sent them an image suggesting this. Head there to check it out."

'Inside The Magic' link takes you to pics of that recent 'new animatronic' Hattie (which I do not care for)...not much else...anyone know anything more, or is this, as I guessed, just 'more of the same' we have been hearing for years?
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    Theme Park Bits: New Ratatouille Video, Haunted Mansion, FastPass Plus, Potential Shanghai Star Wars - /Film

Thoughts?
    Just wishful thinking (as usual), or more to this?

Name:  HatboxRumor.gif
Views: 196
Size:  139.0 KB

"August 2014 marks the 45h anniversary of the classic Disney ride The Haunted Mansionand it seems, one of the most popular characters could be returning. The Hatbox Ghost, who only appeared on the ride for a few days because the effect didn’t work, might be returning for a rumored refurbishment timed to the anniversary. Inside the Magic has the scoop, where a reader sent them an image suggesting this. Head there to check it out."

'Inside The Magic' link takes you to pics of that recent 'new animatronic' Hattie (which I do not care for)...not much else...anyone know anything more, or is this, as I guessed, just 'more of the same' we have been hearing for years?
    I am holding my excitement until there is an official confirmation from Disney that he is coming back. They have been doing this to us for years, so I'm starting to give up a bit of hope. Nonetheless it would be a good time to do it. 45 seems like a good round number to bring ol' hattie's pant-less self back!
    Come Along, Pond!

HBG was only recently confirmed to have been in and out of the Disneyland Mansion during public operating hours, however briefly, but nothing I've heard has confirmed any Florida appearance.

However, the August date could connect this rumor to that Disney Gallery artwork which was revealed to be a commercial product, not a ride appearance.

• Doom Buggy Detailer

I have no inside information and this is conjecture, but I'm going to say that the "Theme Park Bits" item is just rehashing the rumor from the image in the Disney Gallery/Ink and Paint station, which is almost certainly referring only to a special Ink and Paint edition (which in itself is exciting to me, at least).

WDI has Hat Box Ghost fans in the ranks too, but I wouldn't be looking for him this year. If it were my decision, I'd be looking toward the HM's 50th for a reappearance - but even then, it would depend on the trufans's climate at the time. At the moment, whatever they do would probably get so much heat and nitpicking that they may think there's more value in letting the legend carry on than placing an actual AA in the attraction. But who knows - he could turn up in the Mansion tomorrow.

HBG was never installed in Florida. They bailed on that character in 1969.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM