Page 569 of 726 FirstFirst ... 69469519544559566567568569570571572579594619669 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 10877

• Thumb Twiddler

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    I have no inside information and this is conjecture, but I'm going to say that the "Theme Park Bits" item is just rehashing the rumor from the image in the Disney Gallery/Ink and Paint station, which is almost certainly referring only to a special Ink and Paint edition (which in itself is exciting to me, at least).

WDI has Hat Box Ghost fans in the ranks too, but I wouldn't be looking for him this year. If it were my decision, I'd be looking toward the HM's 50th for a reappearance - but even then, it would depend on the trufans's climate at the time. At the moment, whatever they do would probably get so much heat and nitpicking that they may think there's more value in letting the legend carry on than placing an actual AA in the attraction. But who knows - he could turn up in the Mansion tomorrow.

HBG was never installed in Florida. They bailed on that character in 1969.
    Is it quite possible that HBG could return for Disneyland's 60th instead of The Haunted Mansion's 45th?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Honestly, if they add the HBG, this is how it should be done: As you enter the attic, you see all of the changing portraits, however they are only distractions for the blast/pop-ups that emerge from baskets and trunks, releasing a blood curdling scream as they do so. The wedding march will still play in the background, and so will Constance's voice. Next to the phantom pianist is the corpse bride, the source of Constance's voice. No need for a crappy projection effect here. At the last corner of the attic, the doombuggy swiftly turns to the original location of the HBG, and the animatronic shown at the expo lunges/reaches for your doombuggy.

Well, that's just my two cents.
    "Lemme outta here!"

GIF from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Honestly, if they add the HBG, this is how it should be done: As you enter the attic, you see all of the changing portraits, however they are only distractions for the blast/pop-ups that emerge from baskets and trunks, releasing a blood curdling scream as they do so. The wedding march will still play in the background, and so will Constance's voice. Next to the phantom pianist is the corpse bride, the source of Constance's voice. No need for a crappy projection effect here. At the last corner of the attic, the doombuggy swiftly turns to the original location of the HBG, and the animatronic shown at the expo lunges/reaches for your doombuggy.

Well, that's just my two cents.
    I actually like that idea a lot, but IMHO, the combination of Chatty Connie with the Phantom Piano Player, the Pop-Ups, AND HBG would be too much. Meaning you'd have trouble focusing on all the elements since there's so much going on.

And honestly, I don't think the HBG AA they showed off at D23 was all that impressive. I've seen better looking AA's in videos of Tokyo Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by DreVog View Post
    I actually like that idea a lot, but IMHO, the combination of Chatty Connie with the Phantom Piano Player, the Pop-Ups, AND HBG would be too much. Meaning you'd have trouble focusing on all the elements since there's so much going on.

And honestly, I don't think the HBG AA they showed off at D23 was all that impressive. I've seen better looking AA's in videos of Tokyo Disneyland.
    Ah, yes. Now I see the crowding very vividly. Not to mention the small size of the attic.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Anyone have a good shot of the pre-2011 WDW HHG AAs?
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreVog View Post

then I would get rid of Connie and bring back the silent bride

To be honest with you I love Connie, she even more creepier now.

Quote Originally Posted by ParadiseDude View Post
    To be honest with you I love Connie, she even more creepier now.
    I do like Connie myself, but I would choose the old bride over her in a heartbeat. (No pun intended.)
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    I do like Connie myself, but I would choose the old bride over her in a heartbeat. (No pun intended.)

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Inhospitable about happy

Well, I'm back from a three-day visit to Disneyland, including the 24-hour party from 6 am Friday to 6 am Saturday (today). Here's a quickie report.

The HM looked very good (to me). Lighting levels were generally good, although if your eyes were used to the dark the load area was too light (as usual). Lighting in the changing portrait hall was superb. Conservatory lighting was normal. The ballroom characters weren't as bad as I expected, judging by recent complaints (i.e. the birthday gal wasn't THAT hideously overlit and the organist wasn't THAT dim). Pickwick is out. Connie still stinks. She looks like a movie screen with a movie projected on it, which strangely enough is what she is. Graveyard looked okay. The characters are badly in need of repainting so that their facial features are visible (something that must be done regularly). Mdm L was slightly misaligned the first day but fixed by the second. The usual problems of seeing stuff you shouldn't see applies. Little Leota looks slightly misaligned and out of focus to me.

Something I noticed that was different than last time I was there (and forever before that) was that the clack-clack knockers in the COD were fairly quiet. I'm guessing they've been padded a little to quiet them. Not sure I completely approve, but not worth going to war over.

I rode seven or eight times altogether. I was actually the first rider on Friday at 6 am and the last rider this morning at 6 am. Do I get a prize? No? Okay then.

Weather was great, crowds were polite. One BIG disappointment was IASW, open again after a refurb. It looked like nothing had happened. Some figures were not working and the façade looks absolutely HORRIBLE. It needs painting so badly it's shocking. This is supposed to be its 50th anniversary celebration year, and it looks like crap. POTC also came back online after a refurb and it too had some fix-its that haven't been fixed. People, those fireflies are a big deal (to me anyway).
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Pirates actually looks worse now than before the refurb.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    The HM looked very good (to me). Lighting levels were generally good, although if your eyes were used to the dark the load area was too light (as usual). Lighting in the changing portrait hall was superb. Conservatory lighting was normal. The ballroom characters weren't as bad as I expected, judging by recent complaints (i.e. the birthday gal wasn't THAT hideously overlit and the organist wasn't THAT dim). Pickwick is out. Connie still stinks. She looks like a movie screen with a movie projected on it, which strangely enough is what she is. Graveyard looked okay. The characters are badly in need of repainting so that their facial features are visible (something that must be done regularly). Mdm L was slightly misaligned the first day but fixed by the second. The usual problems of seeing stuff you shouldn't see applies. Little Leota looks slightly misaligned and out of focus to me.

Something I noticed that was different than last time I was there (and forever before that) was that the clack-clack knockers in the COD were fairly quiet. I'm guessing they've been padded a little to quiet them. Not sure I completely approve, but not worth going to war over.

I rode seven or eight times altogether. I was actually the first rider on Friday at 6 am and the last rider this morning at 6 am. Do I get a prize? No? Okay then.

Weather was great, crowds were polite. One BIG disappointment was IASW, open again after a refurb. It looked like nothing had happened. Some figures were not working and the façade looks absolutely HORRIBLE. It needs painting so badly it's shocking. This is supposed to be its 50th anniversary celebration year, and it looks like crap. POTC also came back online after a refurb and it too had some fix-its that haven't been fixed. People, those fireflies are a big deal (to me anyway).
    First and last rider accomplishment is great. Gold star! Were you there all 24 hours? I skipped it this year in favor of a board game convention.

Glad you had a great time at the Mansion. I reported the organist and conservatory lighting fixed (I'll look up the reports if anyone needs confirmation) but the right group of dancers still look overlit to me, unless something has changed since my last ride a week ago.

I have no baseline, being a recent regular rider, on the CoD knockers but I'll listen closer next time and haven't looked that closely at the faces of the graveyard animatronics. I also tend to not focus on Little Leota as I exit, other than it always jogs my memory of my sister repeating "Be sure to bring your death certificate" in a creepy voice for days afterwards after we rode as kids.

Regarding the condition of other rides, I sometimes want to say that we have it pretty good, comparatively, with the Mansion as opposed to other rides (Splash Mountain and Indy come to mind) where other threads complain about major effects being out for months at a time. Since the Mansion is all about its effects and not its ride system then they seem to have an understanding that without those effects it's nothing. What we notice is the details, which are also important, of course.

Again, glad you had a great time at the Mansion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

First and last rider accomplishment is great. Gold star! Were you there all 24 hours? I skipped it this year in favor of a board game convention.

Glad you had a great time at the Mansion. I reported the organist and conservatory lighting fixed (I'll look up the reports if anyone needs confirmation) but the right group of dancers still look overlit to me, unless something has changed since my last ride a week ago.

I have no baseline, being a recent regular rider, on the CoD knockers but I'll listen closer next time and haven't looked that closely at the faces of the graveyard animatronics. I also tend to not focus on Little Leota as I exit, other than it always jogs my memory of my sister repeating "Be sure to bring your death certificate" in a creepy voice for days afterwards after we rode as kids.

Regarding the condition of other rides, I sometimes want to say that we have it pretty good, comparatively, with the Mansion as opposed to other rides (Splash Mountain and Indy come to mind) where other threads complain about major effects being out for months at a time. Since the Mansion is all about its effects and not its ride system then they seem to have an understanding that without those effects it's nothing. What we notice is the details, which are also important, of course.

Again, glad you had a great time at the Mansion!

So nice to see and hear this again, I fondly recall playing the LP over and over as a kid...

Quick question: Anyone else play the Haunted Mansion video game?

Oh yeah and just a Random idea:

If a thread eight comes about, my vote is for "Long Forgotten Part VIII: The Thread Takes Manhattan."
    Last edited by xFoolishMortalx; 05-25-2014 at 08:41 AM.
    "Lemme outta here!"

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM