Page 570 of 605 FirstFirst ... 70470520545560567568569570571572573580595 ... LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 9075

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    At the last corner of the attic, the doombuggy swiftly turns to the original location of the HBG, and the animatronic shown at the expo lunges/reaches for your doombuggy...

No offense meant, but I REALLY disliked that animatronic figure...too tall, too dapper, NOTHING like the original HBG...the original is decrepit, creepy, ghastly...this 'new' version was clean, formal and boring...

The HBG is beloved for his CREEPINESS...and that guy was far too 'classy' and rigid...plus, I wouldn't want to see him 'lunge' or reach out, etc...just standing there, shaking, looking SPOOKY...

Just my two cents, as you so rightly stated...

If a thread eight comes about, my vote is for "Long Forgotten Part VIII: The Thread Takes Manhattan."

Niiiice...

As long as it doesn't get dubbed, 'Electric Boogaloo'
    , 'The Quickening', or 'Secret of the Ooze' I'm happy....
    Last edited by karcreat; 05-25-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    No offense meant, but I REALLY disliked that animatronic figure...too tall, too dapper, NOTHING like the original HBG...the original is decrepit, creepy, ghastly...this 'new' version was clean, formal and boring...

The HBG is beloved for his CREEPINESS...and that guy was far too 'classy' and rigid...plus, I wouldn't want to see him 'lunge' or reach out, etc...just standing there, shaking, looking SPOOKY...

Niiiice...

As long as it doesn't get dubbed, 'Electric Boogaloo'
    , 'The Quickening', or 'Secret of the Ooze' I'm happy....
    None taken. I'm not a big fan of the figure myself TBH.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post

I agree. I don't like that new figure at all. The face is positively evil-looking, which is totally wrong. The original, while creepy, still had that Blaine Gibson look of a "silly spook" or "happy haunt" that the rest of the originals have. It was just right...

Speaking of ol' Hattie, I think now would be a good time to share the HBG head I made about a year ago. I'm thinking of building the rest of him as well.
    Name:  10343541_456114044524108_3280631123890667955_n.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  45.4 KB

NOTE:
    The image is mirrored.
    "Lemme outta here!"

LOL...

Sure a lot of you have seen this, but for those who have not, it cracked me up...

http://media0.giphy.com/media/4ST1fXyudc6SA/giphy.gif
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

LOL! Thanks for the laugh, karcreat! I hadn't seen that one before.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Lurker

Here's the source for that gif. It's an ad for the opening of the new Star Tours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4_dZPVg8KI

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    The face is positively evil-looking, which is totally wrong.
    What I liked about the original Hattie is the same thing I liked about the Beating Heart Bride: they both had enough ambiguity about them that you weren't quite sure whether they were the villain or the victim of the story. That doubt was both scarier and more exciting that Connie's endless murder confessions.

• Mr. Ghost

I liked the Haunted Mansion game

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I liked the Haunted Mansion game
    The Chilling Challenge to Escape the Spinning Spooks from the 70s? Great game, wish I still had it (last I checked on eBay it was $300, probably much more now).

This site has an "Escape from The Haunted Mansion" game you can print out and build yourself, if you're into papercraft. 59 sheets!
    "Escape from the Haunted Mansion" Board Game

Here are the rules which has several color pics of the finished game at the end.
    http://www.disneyexperience.com/down..._rules_eng.pdf

And here's a video by the inventor showing it off, he mentions the Hat Box Ghost at 4:10 (and the Beating Heart Bride -- his attic is the original):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1dj6tq7Xis
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 05-27-2014 at 07:35 PM.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

very cool!

I also like the dice tower!
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Evil is Sexy

I have an original Haunted Mansion board game at my parents house. It was my mom's. They found it when cleaning up the basement a few years ago and put it in one of my boxes of keepsakes. I have no idea what condition it's in, but I love the fact that it's there waiting for me.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Haha, I meant the video game, but the board games are cool too!
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

I really miss my copy of the board game. It was stolen along with most of my collectibles about 15 years ago.

I used to play the record album with the game set up, and when it got to the Ballroom segment I had all the ghosts spinning like crazy!

Name:  Haunted_Mansion_Game_1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  Haunted_Mansion_Game_2.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  185.9 KB

They should reissue that. Disney Parks would go for it, looks like it shows both versions of the Mansion in true Disney Parks fashion.

I watched some of the movie video game and found it uninteresting. I also didn't like the portrayal of characters from the attraction.

I remember getting Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour around 2001 and being caught completely off guard by the accurate recreation of the entirety of Magic Kingdom's Mansion. I must have played that course hundreds of times. The definitive Haunted Mansion game.

Kinect Disneyland's Haunted Mansion levels sucked (like most of the game), but at least it looked awesome from the outside!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM