Page 573 of 607 FirstFirst ... 73473523548563570571572573574575576583598 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9091

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Wonder how high those will go.
    Yeah, I thought about bidding, but then I realized I could never get it because of the price in the end.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Thumb Twiddler

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Or, "...as good as they are able to look."

Turns out I got too excited about Leota with an open spellbook in a 1995 drawing. I've found one (and only one) old photo of her that shows an open book in front of her, but it seems clear that this one photo was indeed the model for the map drawing. Mystery solved.

I've seen that photo before. In fact, I have it. And no, they don't even look as good as they're supposed to. Quite possibly the biggest issue I have with the new Interactive HitchHikers is that on top of the CG Characters being terrible reproductions of the originals (as HBG2 already posted about on his blog), they're almost never in focus, so they look bad in both senses. And the screen breaks are very obvious, and many times, the system detects the wrong thing and performs the wrong action.

• Minion

It's highly unlikely that these are genuinely from the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. The wrought iron is a commercially-made product that can still be purchased today. Also, it makes no sense for Disney to ship them from California to Florida just to sell on eBay. They are fakes. This same Orlando dealer is known to sell fakes and reproductions of Disney theme park props.

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    It's highly unlikely that these are genuinely from the Disneyland Haunted Mansion. The wrought iron is a commercially-made product that can still be purchased today. Also, it makes no sense for Disney to ship them from California to Florida just to sell on eBay. They are fakes. This same Orlando dealer is known to sell fakes and reproductions of Disney theme park props.
    Either way, there IS some new Mansiony goodness on the way...

New Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializing This Fall at Disney Parks « Disney Parks Blog

• Thumb Twiddler

Even if this stuff is fake, there IS some new Mansiony goodness on the way...

New Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializing This Fall at Disney Parks « Disney Parks Blog

• Inhospitable about happy

Yes, there's a very real chance it's fake; HOWEVER, on our recent trip to DL (May 21-24), I happened to notice a gap in the wrought iron in one place, a missing piece, and it was about that size, too, so I'm definitely reserving judgment on this one.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Cute...

Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

• Minion

Yes, there's a very real chance it's fake; HOWEVER, on our recent trip to DL (May 21-24), I happened to notice a gap in the wrought iron in one place, a missing piece, and it was about that size, too, so I'm definitely reserving judgment on this one.
    Disney generally sells genuine ride props themselves. In this case, even if there had been recent repairs to the wrought iron, the broken pieces would most likely been thrown out. I know for a fact that "Theme Park Connections" in Orlando has sold at least three copies of the "Dead End! Prepare To Exit To The Living World" sign from the DL Mansion. That is something that Disney would most likely have kept in their archives, and had they decided to sell it, would sell it themselves directly on eBay.

Name:  HM_Exit_Sign-Small.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  106.9 KB

This one is mine, custom-made by a friend who is also former CM. However, I know of others who bought them from this store in Orlando thinking that they were buying the real thing.

• Inhospitable about happy

Well, you regular Anaheim visitors have your marching orders. Look for a gap in the wrought iron in the south porch area (I believe) and get us a photo. It's very obvious if you're looking for it.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Agreed... why ship across the country.... I call shenanigans!
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Minion

Well, you regular Anaheim visitors have your marching orders. Look for a gap in the wrought iron in the south porch area (I believe) and get us a photo. It's very obvious if you're looking for it.
    Another thing to keep in mind: They would not replace such a small piece of wrought iron. It comes in six or eight foot sections, so they would simply replace a whole section, not just that one small piece. Additionally, one is a corner piece with no apparent damage whatsoever. So what would have been the reason to replace it? I'm not aware of any corner pieces that look like the one for sale anywhere on the entire Mansion. I call B.S. on all of them.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 06-04-2014 at 02:55 PM.

• Disney's #1 Fan

If Disney were to sell pieces of rides and items to that nature, wouldn't they sell them at auctions held by themselves and not on ebay?

• Evil is Sexy

Arg. More merchandise to save up for. Oh, the joyous agony of it all.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

I figured you guys, knowing your Haunted Mansion background/history as well as you do, would get this cartoon I just made better than anyone else...

Name:  10353582_10203250629563122_6148020331543747183_n.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  65.2 KB
    Last edited by karcreat; 06-04-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PinocchioGuy View Post
    If Disney were to sell pieces of rides and items to that nature, wouldn't they sell them at auctions held by themselves and not on ebay?
    They've sold items both on their own through eBay, and also through reputable, well-known auction houses.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM