Page 576 of 596 FirstFirst ... 76476526551566573574575576577578579586 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 8937

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    I looked around for the wrought iron gaps outside the Mansion, but I couldn't find any. Oddly, I did spot some extremely similar wrought iron along the Storybook Land Canal Boats in Fantasyland. Am I tripping, or is that the same stuff?
    Like here (ignore Monstro, look lower)? Very similar, but somewhat different than in the eBay photos. It's probably the same paint, though!

Last edited by bigcatrik; 06-09-2014 at 07:22 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

That's not the same. The Mansion style is called "Bird of Paradise" and it's much more dense than the style of that railing.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Theme Park Connection™ has put another batch of these pieces up at Eeekbay, so if you've got maybe $500 laying around, you could still get one. But more interesting is this: they've got a COD snake doorknob supposedly made for use in the WDW HM but never used and discarded for some reason. Now THAT thing should go for a big price.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Rode Mansion today 6-9-14
    -Couldn't smell anything peculiar near the skunk tombstone
    -Pickwick was still missing
    - Leota's face did not look lined up correctly on the head
    Is Leota stationary? I'm going next month and hoping she'll be stationary.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Is Leota stationary? I'm going next month and hoping she'll be stationary.
    She was floating.

• Dapper Dan-nabe

Leota was floating as of this past Saturday. Aside from Pickwick being missing, I thought the entire Mansion looked as good as I've seen it in some time. Oh, and Phineas' hat was crushed in the tableau before the mirrors. Like he had a collapsible top hat.

On another note, I looked and didn't see any noticeable gaps in the iron work. Hence, no pictures.
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilentDante View Post
    Leota was floating as of this past Saturday. Aside from Pickwick being missing, I thought the entire Mansion looked as good as I've seen it in some time. Oh, and Phineas' hat was crushed in the tableau before the mirrors. Like he had a collapsible top hat.

On another note, I looked and didn't see any noticeable gaps in the iron work. Hence, no pictures.
    That was my reaction to the HM. It really looked pretty good overall. I did notice Phineas's hat looking scrunched.

I'm really puzzled about the gap thing. I remember vividly looking at it and specifically wondering why there was a noticeable gap in the wrought iron, maybe six or eight inches. It was a little above head level, IIRC. Strange that no one else has seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    She was floating.
    Aww, man. Well, there's always the chance that could change in a month.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Aww, man. Well, there's always the chance that could change in a month.
    She was on the table for my 3/7, 3/10 and 3/14 updates so there was a solid week of no floating, but she was back in the air on 3/17 and I haven't seen her on the table since.

(Oh the joy of having my "Haunted Mansion Updates" bookmarked.)

Okay, time for some pretties.

That old Extinct Attractions footage (linked by Kar a page or two back) is really quite nice if you clean it up a bit. It was shot between 1991 and 1994 (internally projected Leota limits one end and an extant skyway the other). First of all, it's got the best, clearest shot of the TOMB SWEET TOMB wall in the COD taken prior to the 21st century. Even better, the cameraman panned left a bit, just enough to make a 3D. You may not think a 3D shot of pictures on a wall will give you much, but in this case it really does (hope you can do the "magic eye" thing).

Best of all, you can look at that and pretend it's 1969, because it matches what was there in 1974, based on this blurry Sandy Duncan footage we've seen before. There's no reason to think they had changed anything between opening day and 1974.

On to the attic. Other than the bride, decent pictures of the attic prior to the 21st century—well, you can count them on one of Mickey Mouse's hands. Some of this video comes out fairly well with a little adjusting, and you can stitch together screen grabs to create some panorama shots.

That's the very first tableau, on the right side. It'll be at least 10 years before that particular area will be seen again in anything you might call a good photo. Just to get your bearings, here's where the first blast-up ghost is to be located in that photo.

Now we're looking down the left side toward the exit. To get your bearings, today Connie is to just to the right of that popup and back a little. Those are just the work lights on, but I like the feel of this one very much.

Here's a 3D of a portion of that scene. It really gives you a good "you are there" feeling.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Excellent! Thank you for these. Always enjoy comparing yesteryears to today.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.
    Member of the Haunted Mansion wiki.

Not sure if anybody's seen this, but this page has a few HBG pics that I've never seen:
    Dorian Gray's Painting Is Not Alone: Hattie, Go Home!
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Not sure if anybody's seen this, but this page has a few HBG pics that I've never seen:
    Dorian Gray's Painting Is Not Alone: Hattie, Go Home!
    I got those images from a former Imagineer back in 2003. Shared them with a friend or two, and next thing I know they're all over the net.

Name:  Hatbox01LR-Small.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  95.3 KB

Name:  Hatbox02LR-Small.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  Hatbox03LR-Small.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  87.9 KB

Name:  Hatbox04LR-Small.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  82.5 KB

I love the blue eye liner on Hattie. Most replicas are missing that small detail.

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Great photos! It looks like a small motor makes the cane wobble back and forth? I never knew The HG had movement.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.
    Member of the Haunted Mansion wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    That's not the same. The Mansion style is called "Bird of Paradise" and it's much more dense than the style of that railing.
    I saw that exact style of ironwork which is used on the Mansion last night at the King's Fish House in Orange, California. I guess that I'll have to call it the Haunted Fish House from now on !!

Does anyone know why all the pieces on sale on Ebay are a much darker, forest green than the pea soup green that we see attached to the Mansion ? Could they come from say, the fast pass dispensing area ?

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM