Page 577 of 599 FirstFirst ... 77477527552567574575576577578579580587 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 8985

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by poltergeist View Post
    Great photos! It looks like a small motor makes the cane wobble back and forth? I never knew The HG had movement.
    Yes, Hattie's cane wobbled, giving the appearance that his bony hand was shaky. The hand movement is just barely perceptible in the home movie footage showing HBG when he was still installed in the Mansion.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
    I saw that exact style of ironwork which is used on the Mansion last night at the King's Fish House in Orange, California. I guess that I'll have to call it the Haunted Fish House from now on !!

Does anyone know why all the pieces on sale on Ebay are a much darker, forest green than the pea soup green that we see attached to the Mansion ? Could they come from say, the fast pass dispensing area ?
    It's from the perimeter fencing.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Thumb Twiddler

Short Walt Disney World Mansion update, 06/14/14:

I only got to ride once today, but I got to ride numerous times on Saturday, and little has changed. The Stretch Rooms ceilings are still crooked (clearest above Dynamite Guy, but also noticeable above Lady With a Rose and Quicksand), and Stretch 2 still had wallpaper tears. The Knight in the Endless Hallway is currently out for maintenance. To hold his place, they've replaced him with a much wimpier-looking knight, who doesn't even move, nor does it even have an axe. Instead, it has more like a Javelin-esque weapon in his hand. Seasonal Cast Members seem to be filling up the Mansion this past week, and for the first time, I didn't go through McMansionLand before the Mansion, primarily because of Fastpasses. The ride also seemed to slow up a lot more on Friday than normal, despite the fact that there were only like 2 ride stops. Mr. Toad and the Ring in the queue are still gone.

Haunted Mansion Update 6/14/2014 (2 rides just after opening):

The foyer chandelier may have been cleaned. There was only one cobweb between two candles and since my last visit was on 6/1 it's likely that it was cleaned and this is new spider activity. And it was coming along so nicely before.

Pickwick is still missing.

Blasty was more energetic than I normally see him -- jumping easily over a foot out of his hiding place on both rides.

For the first ride I came in from blaring sun and going up the stairs from the loading platform was pitch black nothingness, which I haven't experienced in a very long time, and I didn't see the wires holding up Leota. By the second ride my eyes had adjusted. But on that second ride the buggies slowed down considerably right before I exited the cemetery and my attention must have wavered because pop-up #6 gave me a big jolt. A nice surprise.

Here's a picture of the two different rail shades of green where they almost touch right at the porch stairs:
    Name:  HNI_0091 (2).JPG
Views: 292
Size:  98.6 KB

And they must have been expecting a huge crowd today since the line was already prepped for going outside the Mansion's gates...
    Name:  HNI_0093 (2).JPG
Views: 291
Size:  84.9 KB

And even surrounding the next-door fountain...
    Name:  HNI_0094.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  80.3 KB

That's a long Mansion line.

• Minion

^ thanks for the update

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    And they must have been expecting a huge crowd today since the line was already prepped for going outside the Mansion's gates...That's a long Mansion line.
    Did the line ever get that long? Just curious. If so, I wonder what happened today.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Did the line ever get that long? Just curious. If so, I wonder what happened today.
    I don't know. I had to leave right after I took those photographs, but today was predicted to be heavy and tomorrow (Sunday, Father's Day) is predicted to be light, I was told by one of the train CMs. I don't remember seeing those lines set up so early (particularly around the fountain), but I can't recall being there for rope drop on any previous Saturday during the Summer season either.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    I check Mouse Wait frequently (yes, I have no life), and the longest wait I saw for Mansion was 20 minutes today.

• Grim Grinning

When I was there on Tuesday, it was winding back and forth in front of the fountain and the fast pass area but never got around to the other side of the fountain like the picture shows.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    When I was there on Tuesday, it was winding back and forth in front of the fountain and the fast pass area but never got around to the other side of the fountain like the picture shows.
    When I went on Monday, it was a 35 minute wait, with a similar situation as you described.

• Grim Grinning

I only dropped in long enough to ride it once on Monday since my dad wasn't going to start using his 3 day hopper til Tuesday. I have an AP and had a hankering to go in for a bit. I think it was about 20 minutes or so when I went, but the hallway was backed up for a while, so it ended up taking about 30 minutes. No complaints though, gave me time to soak up all the little details.

Haunted Mansion Update 6/15/2014 (4 rides just after opening):

There's a big scratch on the wall opposite the entrance doors in the left-hand stretch room that appears when the room stretches ("or is it your imagination?").

Pickwick is still missing.

The piano-playing shadow continues to hit non-moving keys, as he has all year (which I first reported on March 14th here). This would be a great effect if it worked so the misalignment is annoying.

As on Saturday morning, the buggies slowed to a crawl in the cemetery, my mind started wandering, and another pop-up (#5 this time) managed to give me a jolt. I love those things.

The ring is gone? Bummer. Also, if anyone has the chance I'm sure a lot of us would like to see a picture of the stand-in knight!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Speaking of things, is the "lemme outta here" coffin guy ever work? Our last trip we rode HM about 9 times over 9 days and we never got onto a doom buggy when him saying that phrase.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Speaking of things, is the "lemme outta here" coffin guy ever work? Our last trip we rode HM about 9 times over 9 days and we never got onto a doom buggy when him saying that phrase.
    That's pretty strange. The sound, correct me if I'm wrong, comes from a speaker next to the coffin, not the Doombuggy. I've never heard of it failing to work. Maybe just bad timing?
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM