Page 578 of 597 FirstFirst ... 78478528553568575576577578579580581588 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 8942

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Speaking of things, is the "lemme outta here" coffin guy ever work? Our last trip we rode HM about 9 times over 9 days and we never got onto a doom buggy when him saying that phrase.
    It could be timing. I don't always hear it.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Have you guys covered the clock outside the Mansion?
    I'm wanting to do a replica wall clock but can't quite see what that is on the top. If you have which thread would I look in?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sporak View Post
    Have you guys covered the clock outside the Mansion?
    I'm wanting to do a replica wall clock but can't quite see what that is on the top. If you have which thread would I look in?
    Are you referring to the round green one outside of the gates that has a long pole underneath?

Yes that's the one.
    I have this pic from the net but I can't see the detail of the top. I'm hoping someone has a better shot from a higher perspective.
    The hands link directly to the grandfather clock inside

Name:  1vmb.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  hn11.jpg
Size:  102.1 KB
    Last edited by sporak; 06-19-2014 at 01:37 PM.

I love that it has a seashell on it. Those are everywhere at the Mansion.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by sporak View Post
    Yes that's the one.
    I have this pic from the net but I can't see the detail of the top. I'm hoping someone has a better shot from a higher perspective.
    The hands link directly to the grandfather clock inside

Name:  1vmb.jpg
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  hn11.jpg
Size:  102.1 KB
    Does this help?

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

The guy on the chandelier is back, but the ballroom still looks screwed up. The lighting on some of the dancers was off last week. This week, there was what appeared to be some kind of figure dumped on the floor between the organ and dancers being reflected. The organist is still poorly illuminated. To me, there's no excuse for the Mansion's ultimate scene to look so dodgy, especially when it's just relatively simplistic figures, lights and glass.

• Minion

Speaking of things, is the "lemme outta here" coffin guy ever work? Our last trip we rode HM about 9 times over 9 days and we never got onto a doom buggy when him saying that phrase.
    Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    That's pretty strange. The sound, correct me if I'm wrong, comes from a speaker next to the coffin, not the Doombuggy. I've never heard of it failing to work. Maybe just bad timing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    It could be timing. I don't always hear it.
    "Timing" has nothing to do with when he speaks, because he (X. Atencio himself) is talking non-stop throughout the entire loop. Normally, it is incredibly loud; typically heard above the rest of the COD audio. It would be impossible to miss unless there is a technical issue.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Tomb it may concern regarding the Bird of Paradise ironwork, I've spotted in in two locations in Magic Kingdom as well. One is on Center Street at the end on the 2nd floor, its across the balcony. There are also some pieces of it inside of the Emporium Gallery made into holders for the shopping baskets.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Tomb it may concern...

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

Here's a 1969-ish photo of the tea party that you may never have seen before. I hadn't.

Some more really nice goodies.

Someone scanned and posted another set of ViewMaster reels, including the 1969 HM set. Two of them are noticeably better than the other specimens available online, so here:

But that's not the best of it. Apparently there was a big set of reels for WDW when it was new, and as a bonus in that big set they threw in a reel of Disneyland shots. One of those is an exterior shot of the HM I've never seen before. So here's a newly-discovered old ViewMaster photo of the DL HM in 1969!

You can find the originals HERE.

I heard him last week.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    You can find the originals HERE.
    What fun! Especially for stereo nuts (I was just thinking that I haven't used my 3D monitor enough lately). I find the choice of "wigglevision" questionable, but both stereo images are there. The free application StereoPhoto Maker will read them correctly
    StereoPhoto Maker (English)

... and convert them to any version of stereo you want, but some of the images have their left and right images switched so the "X" key shortcut in SPM is your friend.

How interesting that they included a whole reel of only the Haunted Mansion when you've pointed out before that Disneyland's version was initially met with disappointment as a follow-up act to Pirates. Maybe since Florida did not open with Pirates their Haunted Mansion was a bigger deal from the beginning.

• Minion

I had no idea there were View Master reels. I recognize some of the images were also issued as Pana-Vue slides, which I bought at the Magic Kingdom in 1978. Sadly, the Pana-Vue slides like this one have faded badly, and are now mostly pink:

Name:  Seance Pana-Vue Slide-XtraSmall.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  102.2 KB

Fortunately, I was able to restore the color in PhotoShop.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 06-25-2014 at 02:37 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM