Page 58 of 606 FirstFirst ... 83348555657585960616883108158558 ... LastLast

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    You know for a fact?
    That's what I said. Unfortunately, I can't reveal my source for this information, because the person who told me is very "inside Disney."

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    That's what I said. Unfortunately, I can't reveal my source for this information, because the person who told me is very "inside Disney."
    I bet it's cold in there...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Sorry about the off-topicness, but I wanted to double-check before I tell my friend who's at DL right now. Does the HM still offer death certificates to anyone who asks for them?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Minion

I believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    I bet it's cold in there...
    You have no idea.

Doombuggies offers Haunted Mansion Death Certificates as well. Go to:

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Death Certificates? I thought it was an honorary caretaker card.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

The only one I know of for sure is the kids first ride certificate, which reads "I escaped becoming the 1000th ghost!" with the kid's name. I believe it's signed "Master Gracey," but I can't be sure as I haven't seen one in a while.
    dreams. come. true.

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    P.S., I know for a fact that the initial replacement Hatbox Ghost has already been built. Whether that is the figure that is eventually installed, or if it is restored to The Haunted Mansion at all, remains to be seen.
    The suspense is killing me... so to speak.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    The Ogre looks like a pissed off Kris Kringle. Too many naughty children this year maybe.
    Anyway, is that what the portrait is called - The Ogre?
    No, I've just heard it called that, and it seems to fit.

My latest blog includes some extremely rare concept art, and I forgot to post it here first like I said I would. Sorry, friends. Anyway, here it is:

It's one of the phases of the transformation of the One-Eyed Black Cat, a co-narrator idea that X came up with but obviously never used. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read the post.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    The Ogre looks like a pissed off Kris Kringle. Too many naughty children this year maybe.
    Anyway, is that what the portrait is called - The Ogre?
    I just call him Rasputin.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    No, I've just heard it called that, and it seems to fit.

My latest blog includes some extremely rare concept art, and I forgot to post it here first like I said I would. Sorry, friends. Anyway, here it is:

It's one of the phases of the transformation of the One-Eyed Black Cat, a co-narrator idea that X came up with but obviously never used. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read the post.
    Interesting post on your blog. More detail than I've ever read before. However, I found one claim puzzling:

"Caw-caw. At least the caws were well done. They were voiced by "Candy" Candido, the go-to guy for basso profundo in cases where even Thurl Ravenscroft couldn't get low enough. Candy must have had freakin' bridge cables for vocal chords. Anyway, he could also caw with the best of them. He did the raven in Sleeping Beauty and got to do it again ten years later for the Haunted Mansion."

Huh? The raven is not a deep-voiced character at all (at least not in any of the recording sessions I have). Rather it was someone with a much higher-pitched and irritating voice, with just a hint of an old man in there (sounds just like Dal McKennon's Old Man in the Graveyard scene). Then there were Eleanor Audley's outtakes, and Robie Lester's version on the Lp, none of which was basso profundo. So where did the idea that Candy Candido did the voice for the raven come from?

• Pants Club Treasurer

I'm curious about that information as well, Grinning Ghost. It may indeed be correct, but I think we may have to differentiate what recordings were created.

- the raven narrative (not used)
    - the raven caw (used currently with the 5 ravens)

Did Candy do both recordings, or was someone else used for the narrative? I agree with GG, the narrative was done using a relatively high voice. If Candy has that sort of vocal range (including the ability to go lower than Thurl), then I'm impressed!
    Last edited by Trinitys Ghost; 07-29-2010 at 07:25 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Adding organized chaos to Micechat, one post at a time.

• Minion

The caw used in the attraction is a real bird. Not certain if it's a crow or raven, but a real bird nonetheless.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 07-29-2010 at 07:29 AM. Reason: clarification

I'd been under the impression all the animal sounds in the HM were supplied by human voice artists - and that Candy Candido had done the raven since he supplied it for "Sleeping Beauty" as well. But now you've got me wondering if that is really the case, since it does sound much like a real raven's caw. Wonder if that's the case for the owls' hoots too...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM