Page 581 of 616 FirstFirst ... 81481531556571578579580581582583584591606 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,715 of 9236

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    They sometimes reappear accidentally, in whole or in part, following the switchover from HMH. When they do, it never lasts long.
    They lasted all of 2012 -- in half of the buggies. It was my first year of obsessive Mansion riding and I had to figure it out. The audio loops are triggered every three buggies so three buggies would hear "We find it delightfully unlivable..." and not the forbidden lines, while the next three buggies would skip "We find it delightfully unlivable..." but hear the first few sentences of the forbidden lines as they entered the CoD but stopping before the sentence mentioning Leota so it didn't step on the Seance Room at all. This continued until it closed in late August for the HMH switchover.

I was told that the sound system was changed last year and that is the source of those red and green lights I keep going on about. If that's the case then the forbidden lines may be gone forever. My first ride this year was February 8th and I have not heard the forbidden lines even once, nor did anyone report hearing them this year.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    You're welcome!

I also created the 4-CD "Unauthorized" set in 2005:

In 2010, I made an updated ride-through mix which is still current today:
    VERY cool...and again, many thanks...but I prefer the 'pre Constance' audio (the silent, red eyes bride is far more creepy and effective for my money, and I personally love the Madame Leota 'she has a REMARKABLE head' lines, which I feel were a mistake for them to drop for whatever reason they deemed needed), so the 2003 mix remains my favorite...
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://www.karcreat.com

I listen to the unauthorized ride-through you created every day at work.

• Minion

I understand why they keep the lines out in the ride, but as far as Mansion audio mixes go, I prefer the lines in. Gives it just a hint of radio play feeling. Similarly, my favorite mix of the original POTC is the one that VisionsFantastic had that incorporated the deleted cave dialogs mixed pretty well with the Scare Me Music.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Inhospitable about happy

1. New post up at the blog. I must have hit "publish" when I meant to hit "preview," because I didn't intend to publish the post yet. But actually, it's finished, so what the hell.

2. My photoshop re-creation of the HBG in his original spot keeps circulating as a genuine photo. The latest example is currently on display at Disneyland in the Disney Gallery on Main Street, in an advert for the HBG cell they're selling. If you're a Disneylander, better get a photo quick. Disney folks read these boards, and they usually act fast when they've inadvertently used something without permission. Who wants to take bets on how quickly it will disappear?

3. Speaking of the blog, here's a sneak preview of some artwork for an upcoming post, probably coming out late this Fall. I'm sure 95% of you know what it is. For the remaining 5%, it's "The Man in the Web," originally installed at WDW but removed before opening day or possibly shortly thereafter.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    1. New post up at the blog. I must have hit "publish" when I meant to hit "preview," because I didn't intend to publish the post yet. But actually, it's finished, so what the hell.
    Coincidentally, the opening room introduction by a talking statue would be used in Magic Mountain's "Magic Pagoda" from the mid-70s into the early 80s. There are two pictures at the link below, one showing the actual projection. From the looks of it (and a dim memory of seeing it live) it was about 7 or 8 feet tall. It would give a "mysterious" introduction before allowing each group into the Asian-themed walkthrough funhouse of mirror mazes, strobe lights and the like.

Vintage Ads - Magic Mountain & the Magic Pagoda

Great post. The raven narrating the Mansion doesn't really fit, but I still love the idea of having him in the stretching room.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    They lasted all of 2012 -- in half of the buggies. It was my first year of obsessive Mansion riding and I had to figure it out. The audio loops are triggered every three buggies so three buggies would hear "We find it delightfully unlivable..." and not the forbidden lines, while the next three buggies would skip "We find it delightfully unlivable..." but hear the first few sentences of the forbidden lines as they entered the CoD but stopping before the sentence mentioning Leota so it didn't step on the Seance Room at all. This continued until it closed in late August for the HMH switchover.

I was told that the sound system was changed last year and that is the source of those red and green lights I keep going on about. If that's the case then the forbidden lines may be gone forever. My first ride this year was February 8th and I have not heard the forbidden lines even once, nor did anyone report hearing them this year.
    Very interesting.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Great post. The raven narrating the Mansion doesn't really fit, but I still love the idea of having him in the stretching room.

"CAW, CAW, WED took the cowards way out! CAW, CAW"
    Last edited by PhonyKingOfEngland; 07-13-2014 at 09:05 AM.

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Minion

Del Toro discussed Mansion again in a Reddit AMA and pretty much established that Hattie will most likely be Doug Jones because of course a Del Toro Mansion project would use Doug Jones.
    Name:  984128_10152125289512035_3742986888537326387_n.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  46.8 KB
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by PhonyKingOfEngland View Post
    "CAW, CAW, the engineers took the cowards way out! CAW, CAW"
    We still love it, but can't it be said, accurately, that WED cheaped out on the Mansion for the most part? From a certain point of view.

Ok, I just got back from the HM. Birthday Girl is now TOO bright, but besides that, pretty much everything else is in order. Oh, yeah, and Phineas's top hat is squished.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    We still love it, but can't it be said, accurately, that WED cheaped out on the Mansion for the most part? From a certain point of view.
    I know, I was just making a joke.

"You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to."

Robin Williams
    July 21, 1951 – August 11, 2014

• Mr. Ghost

I want to start a Long Forgotten Haunted Mansion group on Facebook, and I'm wondering if anyone here would be for it or against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fenwright View Post
    I want to start a Long Forgotten Haunted Mansion group on Facebook, and I'm wondering if anyone here would be for it or against it.
    FOR IT!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM