Page 583 of 647 FirstFirst ... 83483533558573580581582583584585586593608633 ... LastLast
Results 8,731 to 8,745 of 9693

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    Hey, HBG2 - I'm going to guess they might leave your HBG photo on the wall for the couple weeks until they release the cel. I'd guess putting the whole collage of HBG images together was a sort of minor rogue operation anyway. Interestingly, this week the Disney Archives finally contacted me to officially add that on-stage photo of the Hat Box Ghost to their assets collection. I doubt it's related to the fact that they used the mash-up in the Gallery, but who knows - maybe it raised a few questions.
    I just remember how quickly they acted to remove unauthorized images from the HM "Haunted Holiday" website about five years back. There was a small image of the HBG from the Clemens photo, and I/we pointed out here that they were using a non-Disney image without permission. Bam, it was gone within a day.

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by carolinejay View Post
    Walked through the Disney Gallery yesterday around 4:30ish and saw that they were taking down the HBG artwork that's in the little artists' corner and replacing it with something else. No HM art was left! I can't remember what they were replacing it with though.
    Ha! What I tole you, eh?

• Haunted Mansion Fan

So I was at a thrift shop and scored some interesting stuff.

Anyone know if it's possible to digitize these view master reels?

Even if it's not possible, I still think it's cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	viewmaster-1.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	37342
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	viewmaster-2.jpg.JPG 
Views:	465 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	37343
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Lurker

If you can get hold of a flatbed scanner with a backlight for transparencies, it shouldn't be a problem to digitize, though you'll want some basic Gimp/Photoshop skills.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

For the WDW HM Folk, a few things of note. The Suit of Armor at the Endless Hall is back and as animated as ever. Also, the lighting has been fixed in the Conservatory inside. The trees and the backdrop were very difficult to see for a long time but now it has been adjusted and looks fantastic!

• Pox-worthy since 1973

My, the air is deathly still in here. Here's something to jazz things up.

Recently, Guierllmo del Torro was on Reddit, and a person asked about his Haunted Mansion movie. He said it is still happening, but it's "a tough script to crack". So the movie isn't dead.

Also, you guys may or may not have seen that Disney is also making an animated Haunted Mansion TV special.

Here's a link to an article about the special in the LA Times: Disney is developing 'Haunted Mansion' animated special for TV - LA Times
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Another update for the WDW HM. The scrims in the stretch rooms have been cleaned and its now a crystal clear view up into the attic at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Another update for the WDW HM. The scrims in the stretch rooms have been cleaned and its now a crystal clear view up into the attic at the end.
    I'm happy to hear that the Mansion will be in good shape in time for my trip.
    "Lemme outta here!"

GIF from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Update 7/20/2014 (2 rides at opening, 1 ride at 6:00 PM)

The left stretch room was creaking unusually loudly as it started its descent. It still has the scratch on its far wall.

The lights are still out on the descent into the graveyard.

It was a walk-on at 6 PM.

Hey, Doctor Dan, I keep forgetting to ask you, so I made a special effort, when the subject came to the front of my brain to jump on here and ask you, as you would be the only one who would know. My favorite spot of the mansion is the portrait hallway, cause at Disneyland, they sometimes allow you to just stand and stand in there. Sometimes the CMs or the security guy will tell you to keep moving, but mostly you can stay there and soak up the ambiance!
    One of the things that I have always wondered was how they do the passing clouds in the windows? I saw something (I think it was on your blog) of how they did the rain with broken bits of mirror on a rotating drum, but I always wondered about the rolling clouds projection. Is it the same machine that they use in the POTC?

Please let me (us) know, would you?

Thanx

• Thumb Twiddler

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Glad to hear GRD. When I went, they were quite dirty, even my good camera and lenses were having trouble capturing them visually. The Knight was also subbed in with a different AA and wasn't moving, although I didn't notice anything wrong with the Conservatory lighting. Have they also fixed the Stretch Room ceilings and wallpaper tears?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Haunted Mansion Update 7/20/2014 (2 rides at opening, 1 ride at 6:00 PM)

The left stretch room was creaking unusually loudly as it started its descent. It still has the scratch on its far wall.

The lights are still out on the descent into the graveyard.

It was a walk-on at 6 PM.
    I hope they fix the stretching room when it goes down at the end if August.

Quote Originally Posted by bondfan2000 View Post
    Hey, Doctor Dan, I keep forgetting to ask you, so I made a special effort, when the subject came to the front of my brain to jump on here and ask you, as you would be the only one who would know. My favorite spot of the mansion is the portrait hallway, cause at Disneyland, they sometimes allow you to just stand and stand in there. Sometimes the CMs or the security guy will tell you to keep moving, but mostly you can stay there and soak up the ambiance!
    One of the things that I have always wondered was how they do the passing clouds in the windows? I saw something (I think it was on your blog) of how they did the rain with broken bits of mirror on a rotating drum, but I always wondered about the rolling clouds projection. Is it the same machine that they use in the POTC?

Please let me (us) know, would you?

Thanx
    Those are done the same way as the blue mist in the load area and the fog banks on the scrims in the graveyard. Assuming they're still using Yale's invention, you've got a slowly-rotating glass disc like an old-fashioned phonograph record with the desired effect (clouds or whatever) painted on it semi-translucently and a light shining up through part of it. It hits an angled mirror and goes through a lens to enlarge it, and it projects wherever you point the thing. It's similar in many ways to an overhead projector.

Short, but sweet...

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Update 7/22/2014 (1 ride at 6:10 PM)

I rode down in the straight-ahead stretch room on my single ride so I can't vouch for the creaking or the scratch on the wall mentioned previously in the left-hand one.

Still no light on the raven on the descent to the graveyard.

For the last couple of visits the figure on the immediate right of the birthday girl has been very dimly, but constantly, lit. He used to be dimly lit but bright enough to see and he followed the on/off pattern with the birthday cake candles, but now he's constant, though almost imperceptibly dim. He hasn't been properly lit since I started riding in early 2012 (I've only seen him properly lit in pictures). With the attention to Pickwick and the duelers, and the organist's bad lighting getting fixed, it's strange that this one guy gets overlooked.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM