Page 586 of 723 FirstFirst ... 86486536561576583584585586587588589596611636686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 10837

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    As much as I love HM merch, I still think that a shop, along with PLQ, detracts from the overall atmosphere of the attraction.
    Not the best place for it, but hey - at least they're getting a long-overdue HM gift shop! I've always thought PLQ should have been located at the EXIT of the ride, along with an attached HM gift shop.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RequiesCat View Post
    It looks like the light is bouncing off of Party Girl and slightly illuminating the guy to the right. Maybe the amount of light being used could be dialed back until "Guy-To-The-Right" is no longer visible. But then, maybe P.G. would be too dim? (...although, she is looking pretty bright in that photo!)
    I didn't think of that. Party Girl has been that bright all year. Two years ago (when I last rode regularly) she was not that bright and the guy observed the on/off pattern with the candles. He was dimmer than the other figures but not the faint glow he currently is.

It will be interesting to see how they fill a whole store with HM merchandise, unless it's going to be the few items they sell now (and the handful announced) plus a whole bunch of NBC stuff.

When it comes to the majority of the new merchandise, I'm blase. Much of it doesn't even capture the spirit of the Mansion. Merchandise used to be rare, which I actually liked. It fit the cultish quality of the attraction. Now, they're selling it.

I could probably have dealt with pepe-le-queue at the end of the ride better than at the beginning. As it is, I will probably skip it next time I'm at WDW, which is sad, because I like seeing how the Mansion is different than the DLR one, which I know fairly well. I guess it depends if they let me skip the juvenile queue or not.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• en pace

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    When it comes to the majority of the new merchandise, I'm blase. Much of it doesn't even capture the spirit of the Mansion. Merchandise used to be rare, which I actually liked. It fit the cultish quality of the attraction. Now, they're selling it.
    ^This is precisely how I feel.

As for putting a gift shop at the end of the ride (or anywhere near it for that matter!) I dislike the idea, because it cancels out all of the effort put into making it feel like a real mansion, that housed real people. Yes, I know the ghosts are somewhat of a caricature, but the building and grounds are not. (PLQ excepted of course, but we're not going there!)
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

I know this is off topic, I am reading through this forums and I am now at the 4th episode of the "Long Forgotten Haunted Mansion effect" series.

My favorite ghost is the Birthday Girl/Ghostess in the ballroom, and I wanted to recreate her for my halloween haunt. Is there anyone who could send me pictures of her other than those on google :/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdwardGracey View Post
    I know this is off topic, I am reading through this forums and I am now at the 4th episode of the "Long Forgotten Haunted Mansion effect" series.

My favorite ghost is the Birthday Girl/Ghostess in the ballroom, and I wanted to recreate her for my halloween haunt. Is there anyone who could send me pictures of her other than those on google :/
    There's a good close-up of her on the Haunted Mansion Backstage tumblr.

Haunted Mansion Backstage | The party ghosts around the table in the Ballroom....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Count me as disappointed -I liked the Yankee Trader as it was when last visited (November 2013) - it had a mix of the new HM stuff in front, the Disney Parks branded candy around the corner and actual kitchen supplies and jams and the like matching the original store theme opposite the candy area. It managed to cover all the bases and had some stuff that wasn't in every single other store, and the cooking equipment/supplies matched the land's theme (much like the original Gourmet Shop in New Orleans Square)
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

same here; I never did get too excited about anything that is made of "molded resin"; just seemed to be a fancy way of saying "plastic".

• Minion

Same here. I didn't see anything I really liked in the newest batch of merchandise. The styling of most items just seems a little off to me. Can't quite put my finger on just why...

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I could probably have dealt with pepe-le-queue at the end of the ride better than at the beginning. As it is, I will probably skip it next time I'm at WDW, which is sad, because I like seeing how the Mansion is different than the DLR one, which I know fairly well. I guess it depends if they let me skip the juvenile queue or not.
    Unfortunately, you can no longer bypass PLQ. The direct entrance is now only used for Fastpass+ as of my last visit. Maybe it has been changed. I'm going to be there tomorrow so I will make sure.
    "Lemme outta here!"

GIF from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Update 7/30/2014 (8 rides in the early evening, walk-on)

Same ol' -- scratch in the left-hand stretch-room, no light on the tree raven, ballroom lighting issues, flashing red and green lights under the buggies.

With no line to speak of I had intended to ride 10 times to break my record (9 times on the rainy night I visited) but ride 8 was fairly "perfect" so I stopped there:
    No extraneous lights in the stretchroom;
    I was in a buggy with lights under it so its neighbors were appropriately dark;
    No flash picture takers (seemed to be rampant this day);
    No ride stoppages interrupting the Ghost Host narration;
    Got my favorite HHG.

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I want to ride the Mansion in its original form on its last day (August 24) to show my support for it, then I'll boycott the holiday version.
    I'll probably be peer pressured into one ride when I'm there with others (similar to the only way I get on wet rides), and it might demonstrate why some normal elements are askew -- like the ballroom lighting, perhaps. At least flashing red and green lights under the buggies will be thematically appropriate.

Ignore
    Last edited by xFoolishMortalx; 08-02-2014 at 08:28 AM.
    "Lemme outta here!"

I'm at the MK right now. There is no longer any option to bypass PLQ from the standby line. I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the ring is still missing. The good news is that the entire attraction looks great and Mr. Toad has returned to the pet cemetary.
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Update 8/1/2014 (3 rides early evening, 2 rides late night)

The light is back on the tree raven. (Unfortunately, the support rods for the left-hand side evil trees are now also brightly lit again.)

Once again, I'd intended to ride more (until closing), but my last ride at 11:30 PM was "perfect" so I left on a high note.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM