Page 588 of 618 FirstFirst ... 88488538563578585586587588589590591598613 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 9267

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I must agree with RegionsBeyond: They are two entirely different crates. The barrel to the left doesn't seem to match its original counterpart either...

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RequiesCat View Post
    How long has the zero-tolerance policy concerning references to "Gracey" or "Ghastley" in connection with the Mansion been in place? More to the point, if it was implemented earlier than 2012, (which I feel like it was) why did it take so long to get around to the crate? (Perhaps it wasn't the highest on their priority list?)
    The first time anyone noticed the policy, as far as I know, was during the 2007 rehab, when a temporary sign posted on the construction wall was quickly altered to remove "Master Gracey." You can also see it by comparing the description of the MG portrait in the first (2003) and second (2009) editions of Surrell's HM book. As for the crate, it's vague to begin with, and it may not have caught a certain Top Man's attention until recently. (Yes, I'm 90% sure who the author of this policy is, and no, I won't tell you.)
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Ok, I'm headed out to MK right now. Any requests for pics?
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Is the Yankee Trader closed yet? If not, be curious to have the inside documented pre-HM dedicated store.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Funny you say that, RegionsBeyond, as I am sitting next to the Yankee Trader right now, and sadly, it is already gone.
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• en pace

Re: Anyone have audio of the gargoyle banter loop from the WDW HM stretching room?

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post

Here's the crate in November, 2013 - I am most disappointed to lose the Rolly Crump reference, wish they might have kept his name on it and added the tea company bit instead of Gracey Manor.
    I agree with Regions: the crate is a great detail, so if the must change it, I hope they just change the "Gracey Manor" wording and leave everything else as is. I'm going to wishfully believe that is what is happening... just taking the crate for a repaint.
    "I keep telling people not to lick the bats, but do they listen? Ha."
    - HBG2

Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog

Some more great photos of the Mansion this week.

I had a look at the new merchandise and I was pretty unimpressed. I liked the design of the gray shirt with the characters, but I hate the fit and material. There is a set of plush hitchhiking ghosts and I couldn't believe how horribly the tall guy was portrayed. The new generic streamlined Disney Parks Mansion merchandise features a hodgepodge of both Mansions and kindergarten renderings of ghosts. Blah. It was only cool when Colin Campbell did it.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I like the look of the bat stanchion ice cube tray from preview photos, that was about it - but don't think that comes out till fall.

• Minion

Although the Gracey Manor crate was a nice, subtle touch and I liked it, I don't find myself minding about losing it. It was only there a short time, and seemed to be a part of the whole 2011-2012 "improvements" (and I use that term as loosely as possible).

With the creep of the HM out into its front yard and now into the shops across the street, I feel OK with making other things in the vicinity more tied to the Colonial/Revolutionary history aspect of Liberty Square.

As is so often the case these days, I'm not so sure the execution is everything it could be. They couldn't do a little better than "Old English Tea?" A crate from that era would probably have had the company's name on it, which, after the Tea Act of 1773, would be the British East India Company. If I'd been in charge of that little project, I'd have leaped at that, because it also ties it in with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

Figment liked it, though!

Name:  f4n19w.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  175.6 KB

• Minion

A lot of the new HM Halloween merch seems kind of meh to me. I do really like the apron that looks like a female CM costume, the Master Gracey gray tombstone tee, and the wallpaper slippers, though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MRaymond View Post
    I like that better. Nice job. If you put her voice in at all make it disembodied throughout the room, but less often. I'm tired of Chatty Connie
    Yeah, although Connie's never going to be my favorite, I'd like her a lot better if her comments were fewer and further between, and if her voice was a little more ghostly and less smug-smarty-pants sounding. Maybe if it was more of a hoarse but clearly audible whisper.

I can't remember or find the exact quote, but I recall someone on the old "Maverick" TV show saying something along the lines of, "Someone who talks as much as you do can't be dangerous." That's how I feel about Connie.

One of the new pieces of merchandise:

*Eye roll*

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Oh boy, not that again.

• Inhospitable about happy

Somebody's going to get an email you could dry your hair with.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Here's a brand new video of the Tokyo Disneyland Haunted Mansion. It looks great, but I would have enjoyed it more with less night vision to better see the blue glow on the graveyard ghosts.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM