Page 589 of 633 FirstFirst ... 89489539564579586587588589590591592599614 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 9482

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Somebody's going to get an email you could dry your hair with.
    I'm willing to bet on that...
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Here's something I made today just for fun:
    "Lemme outta here!"

• Doom Buggy Detailer

I think it's safe for me to mention that my book about the Haunted Mansion just went on sale today. It's called "The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion," and I'm fairly proud of it. If you want to dive right in, you can get a copy at The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion - book - or you can learn more about it and read a couple excerpts at the publisher's website: The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion | Theme Park Press .

I didn't stray too far into conjecture (you'll have to continue to haunt the always-brilliant Long Forgotten or Passport2Dreams blogs for that, though I do start the book off with a whopper) - but I think one of the strengths of the book is gathering much of the commentary and insight from all of the various Haunted Mansion panels held at the parks over the years, and fitting them into the story - plus, I used new interviews with Rolly Crump, Alice Davis, and Tony Baxter to enhance stories that have been oft-told.

One note: I'm not involved with the marketing or pricing of the book, so I might quibble with the Amazon description that says the book is "packed with photos." There are a few, and I think they are intriguing, but as an unauthorized book, don't expect any concept art or anything like that.

At any rate - it's available now. Check it out. I'd love to hear what you think.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    I think it's safe for me to mention that my book about the Haunted Mansion just went on sale today. It's called "The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion," and I'm fairly proud of it. If you want to dive right in, you can get a copy at The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion - book - or you can learn more about it and read a couple excerpts at the publisher's website: The Unauthorized Story of Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion | Theme Park Press .

I didn't stray too far into conjecture (you'll have to continue to haunt the always-brilliant Long Forgotten or Passport2Dreams blogs for that, though I do start the book off with a whopper) - but I think one of the strengths of the book is gathering much of the commentary and insight from all of the various Haunted Mansion panels held at the parks over the years, and fitting them into the story - plus, I used new interviews with Rolly Crump, Alice Davis, and Tony Baxter to enhance stories that have been oft-told.

One note: I'm not involved with the marketing or pricing of the book, so I might quibble with the Amazon description that says the book is "packed with photos." There are a few, and I think they are intriguing, but as an unauthorized book, don't expect any concept art or anything like that.

At any rate - it's available now. Check it out. I'd love to hear what you think.
    Well, I think I've discovered my next amazon purchase!
    "Lemme outta here!"

Will start savin' pennies for that book immediately...
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://kkarstens.wix.com/karstenscreations

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Here's a brand new video of the Tokyo Disneyland Haunted Mansion. It looks great, but I would have enjoyed it more with less night vision to better see the blue glow on the graveyard ghosts.
    Too much switchin' back n' forth between awful nightvision and normal filming...but still, some very good shots of the best version of the Attic (bats, classic Bride, pop ups) and the original Hitchhiking Ghosts effect...

For my money, the Tokyo Mansion is the best looking of the bunch...wish the original was as well maintained/lit...
    Karstens Creations - Original Art & Custom Dreams

http://kkarstens.wix.com/karstenscreations

• Minion

Disney's announced a AR game for the Magic Kingdom, "Mayhem at the Mansion" involving guests trying to send ghosts throughout the park back to their home in the Mansion

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Cool concept.
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Doom Buggy Detailer

Name:  davis_hellhound.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  133.1 KB

A note for locals - if you haven't already heard, ScareLA (in downtown LA at The Reef) is hosting a Haunted Mansion panel tomorrow morning at 11 with Disney Legends Bob Gurr and Alice Davis. There might even be some rarely-if-ever seen Marc Davis artwork making its debut (some - like the graveyard hellhound pictured above - have been seen floating around in hazy snapshots, but never publicly displayed.) That panel is Sat. August 9 - and on Sunday, Kevin and Jody are giving a presentation about the Anaheim Halloween Parade. Garner Holt is doing a presentation at the convention too - and of course there will be presos with the Knotts, Universal, Six Flags, and Queen Mary folks, and lots of mini-haunted experiences. At any rate, tomorrow's panel should be a fun way to celebrate the 45th anniversary of the Mansion. ScareLA : the Los Angeles Halloween Convention | Halloween. Haunts. Horror.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    Will start savin' pennies for that book immediately...
    Got mine in the mail today!
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem View Post
    A note for locals - if you haven't already heard, ScareLA (in downtown LA at The Reef) is hosting a Haunted Mansion panel tomorrow morning at 11 with Disney Legends Bob Gurr and Alice Davis. There might even be some rarely-if-ever seen Marc Davis
    Aren't you organizing the (unofficial) anniversary midnight ride of the Mansion Saturday night at 11:30 PM?

Tokyo's is certainly the best version of the ride by far, perhaps with the exception of the corridor of doors. The graveyard looks spectacular and, I'm sorry, the original versions of the moving eye portraits and staircase scenes are so much better than the Magic Kingdom's updated Disneyland changing portrait hallway (which is basically a ghetto version of perhaps the best part of the Disneyland attraction) and the new staircase scene. Glowing eyes be damned.

It there is an unofficial ride tomorrow night at 11:30 would somebody confirm this. I might want to go.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Tokyo's is certainly the best version of the ride by far, perhaps with the exception of the corridor of doors.
    Why do you say that? I don't see a significant difference in Tokyo's C.O.D. and Florida's C.O.D. Just that "push out face" portrait, but otherwise they seem the same to me...

Well, I think I might prefer the corridor of doors at Disneyland. Do the glowing door with smoke and stretching face really improve things, or are they too...in your face? I think I'd prefer it without them. Disneyland has the original bulging door effect and a mirror where the others have another door with a knocker, which you can look into and see the reflection of yourself with the coffin guy!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM