Page 590 of 655 FirstFirst ... 90490540565580587588589590591592593600615640 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 9819

• Doom Buggy Detailer

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Aren't you organizing the (unofficial) anniversary midnight ride of the Mansion Saturday night at 11:30 PM?

I am. I've got a big day ahead of me tomorrow. Meet at 11:30 p.m. by the fountain - the first 100 people to find me will get a little button. We'll try to organize for a photo around 11:40 and get in the queue pretty close to 11:45. There's another group meeting around the same time, so we may just be a big ol' group of Mansion lovers from different tribes. It's all good.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Magic Eye Disneyland Resort Pictorial Blog

More great shots of the Mansion this week.

They really DO WATCH everyone as they ride through...and if you stupidly (after being told TWICE not to!) use a flash for a photo, you are IMMEDIATELY reprimanded via loud audio...news to me, but GOOD o n Disney for that...some people are too dumb to be allowed access to the incredible Mansion...(in case the clip doesn't link you properly, it's meant to start at the 5m 44sec mark)

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Tokyo's is certainly the best version of the ride by far, perhaps with the exception of the corridor of doors.
    I disagree, given the fact that they are the ONLY incarnation to feature that cool' face stretching' painting in there...an idea I love...and I LIKE the green mist/glow door w/ the hands...

Oh well...opinions, I guess, huh?...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by karcreat View Post
    They really DO WATCH everyone as they ride through...and if you stupidly (after being told TWICE not to!) use a flash for a photo, you are IMMEDIATELY reprimanded via loud audio...news to me, but GOOD o n Disney for that...some people are too dumb to be allowed access to the incredible Mansion...(in case the clip doesn't link you properly, it's meant to start at the 5m 44sec mark)
    It's inconsistent. Occasionally one flash will set off a warning but many times constant flashes from the same buggy go unrecognized.

I've gotten seriously intimate in there on multiple occasions and they didn't say anything. By the way, sorry guys, but there are few places on this Earth more romantic than the Mansion. You understand, even if you don't condone it. Moving on, on another occasion, some couple must have been getting it on in another Doom Buggy, as there was a sudden announcement by the butlers and maids that "we can see you!" I've been in there with people taking flash photos of their children in another Doom Buggy for the the entire ride (illuminating them and all surroundings for extended periods of time before the neuralizer) and once there was even some piece of crap brandishing one of those illuminating bubble guns and opening fire everywhere, again, the ENTIRE TIME. That was probably my worst Haunted Mansion experience. No wonder the maintenance on these attractions sucks, the guests treat them like crap.
    Last edited by Great Movie Rider; 08-09-2014 at 03:42 PM.

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Update 8/9/2014 (1 ride around 7 PM)

Happy 45th Birthday, Haunted Mansion!

The CMs were wearing Disneyland birthday buttons with "Haunted Mansion" written where the name goes.

Unfortunately, a notable no-show at the festivities was the organist. Yep, he's out again, but more completely than late last March and throughout most of April when I reported that he was a shapeless blob without a head. Today I couldn't see any figure there at all.

I decided not to stay for the late night festivities since I have to get up early. Hope everyone has fun.

• Just drawn that way

Anyone else hear/see that during the Medina's stay in the Mansion, the tightrope girl came out and hung out. She signed her name April.....how many names does she have/had?
    Little and broken, but still good.

I just pulled an all nighter reading the first two incarnations of this thread. I'm very inspired. Heading to DL in a bit to solidify the obsession.

• Minion

The ScareLA panel on the Mansion with Bob Gurr and Alice Davis
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Man, I wish I could've been there for the meet up. Unfortunately, living in MD doesn't get you to DL that often. I'm lucky to get out there once every two years, and I recently got back from there. Ugh, at least I have WDW to keep me company.

• Pox-worthy since 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlynn View Post
    I just pulled an all nighter reading the first two incarnations of this thread. I'm very inspired. Heading to DL in a bit to solidify the obsession.
    Welcome Foolish Mortal, to the Haunted MiceChat. I am your KingOfEngland, Your PhonyKingOfEngland. Kindly step all the the way in please, and make room for everyone. There's no turning back now.

In case you didn't get that, welcome to the HM fan club and MiceChat. We've been expecting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimaster7313 View Post
    We'll all be groaning when they install the giant snowflake from Frozen in front of the Chinese Theatre.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xFoolishMortalx View Post
    Man, I wish I could've been there for the meet up. Unfortunately, living in MD doesn't get you to DL that often. I'm lucky to get out there once every two years, and I recently got back from there. Ugh, at least I have WDW to keep me company.

I too live in Maryland. Unfortunately, it has never gotten me to DL - ever. Never been any farther west than Virginia. I have managed to make it to WDW twice in my life, thankfully well before PLQ and the other nonsense added inside the Mansion came to be (Floaty Leota, Chatty Connie, and the ridiculous cartoon HHGs).

• Minion

So, I went yesterday for the 45th birthday of the Haunted Mansion. Probably a mistake, sadly. The stretching room was literally filled with fan boys and fan girls reciting the Ghost Host narration. We know that you know the entire spiel, but you don't have to diminish the show for everyone else, especially first timers.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    So, I went yesterday for the 45th birthday of the Haunted Mansion. Probably a mistake, sadly. The stretching room was literally filled with fan boys and fan girls reciting the Ghost Host narration. We know that you know the entire spiel, but you don't have to diminish the show for everyone else, especially first timers.
    Ordinarily, I would agree wholeheartedly. However, since yesterday was a special day for the Mansion, I would overlook it – this time. Heck, I would probably be reciting the spiel right along with them on this occasion! I would be singing along in the graveyard as well...

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM