Page 595 of 719 FirstFirst ... 95495545570585592593594595596597598605620645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 10781

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by HMfanatic View Post
    I attested way back in one of these threads that the WDW bicycle riders could be heard emitting drawn-out high-pitched shrieks back in the early '70's. Not sure though if that audio was ever used in the DL HM though. And just remembered that there *is* audio of that Candy Candido's guttural laughter eminating from the sarcophagus in front of the teeter-tottering king & queen - at least when its loud enough to hear.
    Ok, perhaps I should rephrase: The Royals and the Bicycle Ghosts never had any singing audio. There is no audio of any kind for the Royals themselves, but yes – the sarcophagus in front does (or at least did) have sound effect audio of Candy Candido's laughter. Nothing that really would detract from the Phantom Five Band or the Busts just coming up.

I've not heard any direct evidence that the Bicycle Ghosts had any audio. At the DL Mansion, the Pop-Up ghosts initially used to pop up and scream between verses of GGG, for which we have an actual audio recording thanks to HBG2. I'm wondering if perhaps that may be what some are thinking were the Bicycle Ghosts. However, there's not currently anything to support even the pop-ups in that area in the Florida graveyard having audio.

The only audio I've ever known to be associated with the Bicycle Ghosts was on the Story and Song Lp, where an odd, long, drawn-out female strangling scream was used (just about impossible to describe accurately; kind of a two-part sound effect in the way it was performed.), which I'm fairly certain is used for the pop-up ghost in that vicinity at DL only.

I'm just wondering if perhaps the Bicyclists may have simply had a squeaky wheel...

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Sorry I just meant any audio like the brick arm ghost he never sang but there used to be a trowel noise.
    Most of these probably got removed because it is distracting like the fact the headless knight doesn't sing at Florida.
    Any unnessesary noise was removed,however I think they should have left the headless knight but made the headsman trio sing as a trio.
    I think all the noise was good because it made it sound like it was a giant party, You have the main song,(Phantom Five and Singing Busts),people singing along(Picnicking ghost,tea party ghosts,opera ghosts,mummy, and headsman trio),then you have all the other stuff people playing around(royal playground,bicycling ghosts) and random noises(Old Man,Pop-up Ghosts).All of that makes Grim Grinning Ghosts sound like its one giant crazy party.
    Last edited by Duckzz; 08-26-2014 at 05:35 AM.

Link to flickr (?) lights-on photo stream of WDW HM (specifically, of the graveyard

Someone once posted a link to a fantastic collection of Lights On photos of animatronics / scenes in the graveyard area. For the life of me, can't find it. Could someone please post the link? Specifically, I'm looking for both lights on, and lights off, pictures of the Mausoleum you pass by that has some sort of moving spirit projection in it.

In the greatest video I've ever viewed of WDW's HM (has multiple angles, etc)--the one from "Martin's Videos", I can't even find video of the Mausoleum I'm referring to.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Duckzz View Post
    Any unnessesary noise was removed,however I think they should have left the headless knight but made the headsman trio sing as a trio.
    Ironically, the Headless Knight actually goes with the Hokey Opera Singers, at least from a musical standpoint. All of the vocals were originally paired off in some fashion. The Knight provided the full GGG song (both lyrics and tune) in contrast to the ad-lib La-La-singing Opera ghosts. Now in Florida, they're by themselves without the lyric or tune, just doing their own thing. Of course, I don't really care who sings what since it was ruined by replacing virtually all the vocals for absolutely no reason whatsoever. There was nothing wrong with the originals!

I agree.

I don't have photos of the spirit you're looking for specifically, but I do have some shots of Haunted Mansion Holiday with the lights on.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ca-pho...7631896752613/
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

It pains me to see the Mansion vandalized like that.

Sorry. That's when the tour was. Would have rather had it during regular, normal Mansion time, too.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post
    Me too, Jack Skellington wrecking the halls on a yearly basis makes me cringe.

• Tiki Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Me too, Jack Skellington wrecking the halls on a yearly basis makes me cringe.
    I hate the overlay.

Here is the snippet with the Bicycle Ghosts (I always LOVED that whining screech noise, personally...this whole segment on the album was more creepy than the actual attraction, more howling wind, 'dum dada dum' voices and bass to the music...

BicycleGhosts

Oh, and the HMH is just awful.

Stumbled across a rather interesting vid, for those who haven't seen it...

At the 5:58 mark, Phantom Manor shuts down and the Ballroom effects are clearly reflected (lit backwards) and easy to see...lots of odd lighting stuff and break down messages in various languages too, LOL...

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Great Movie Rider View Post

Arrrrg! My eyes!
    Do not pull down on the safety bar please; I will lower it for you.

Thanks!

Pretty cute!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM