Page 60 of 616 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085110160560 ... LastLast

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I am going back to Disneyland in a few weeks and will ask politely for any and all licenses, certificates and/or other freebies that I can get my bony hands on.

And make that a 5th to Vinny Price.

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    What say you, should Master Price, horror legend that he is, join the cast of the 999 happy haunts in some format?
    I see no reason why not

• Inhospitable about happy

Not to piddle ice water all over y'all, but if I'm not mistaken, they would have to pay to use any Vincent tracks at the Anaheim HM, and since no one is actually unhappy with the COD as it is, I wouldn't look for this dream wish to become reality any time soon.

In other news, Bambi's mother got shot dead.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Not to piddle ice water all over y'all, but if I'm not mistaken, they would have to pay to use any Vincent tracks at the Anaheim HM, and since no one is actually unhappy with the COD as it is, I wouldn't look for this dream wish to become reality any time soon.
    Pay whom? Do they not own the recordings made for Phantom Manor?

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Pay whom? Do they not own the recordings made for Phantom Manor?
    Yes, but we're talking using the recordings at Disneyland Haunted Mansion, not at DL Paris Phantom Manor that the recordings were made and intended for. And I'll betcha the contract language for those recording sessions is very specific - Peggy Lee held Disney up for decades over this exact issue.

They could make a deal with the Estate and/or Heirs of Vincent Price and get the usage and copyright issues all cleared and paid for, but (unless the family wants to do it for cheap as a tribute) that's likely to cost Disney some serious coin. What they have now is essentially free, it's going to take some serious wheedling to get them to spend.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Yes, but we're talking using the recordings at Disneyland Haunted Mansion, not at DL Paris Phantom Manor that the recordings were made and intended for. And I'll betcha the contract language for those recording sessions is very specific - Peggy Lee held Disney up for decades over this exact issue.

They could make a deal with the Estate and/or Heirs of Vincent Price and get the usage and copyright issues all cleared and paid for, but (unless the family wants to do it for cheap as a tribute) that's likely to cost Disney some serious coin. What they have now is essentially free, it's going to take some serious wheedling to get them to spend.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Wow, didn't realise they'd have to jump through such hoops to use a simple Audio file. Thanks

The Mansion isn't really lacking without it though. Heck my Manor has that laugh

• Jungle explorer

WHHAAAAAAAT????????

Say goodbye to the people onshore because you will never see them again...

then again you've probably never seen them before

Check out my first trip report! It's full to the brim with epicness.
    AND HERE IS MY NEWEST TRIP REPORT!!! It's better because it's new. and in space.

Hey Look! I'm onYouTube

• =)

ZOMG spoiler tags plz!!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Backside of Water View Post
    WHHAAAAAAAT????????
    I saw the re-release of this film somewhere around 1972, and to this day, I still cannot watch Bambi.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    ZOMG spoiler tags plz!!!

SRSLY. That's like finding out that Santa isn't real, or the Easter Bunny. Or the Toothfairy! I just couldn't deal with it if someone told me that. Of COURSE they're real!
    dreams. come. true.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    SRSLY. That's like finding out that Santa isn't real, or the Easter Bunny. Or the Toothfairy! I just couldn't deal with it if someone told me that. Of COURSE they're real!
    If they are fake then my life is a lie.

On Easter my kitty brought me a dead bunny, i was revolted and humored all at once XD

Also,
    Does anyone have a employee manual for the Haunted Mansion @_@ the one I have is dated 1970....and I want an up to date version :/ (of course I will get one when I get my job on the HM....but that will be difficult to get...and I'm still 3 years to young to work attractions :C).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    They sure are! I'd go the way of the ghost host if that wasn't the case

• Inhospitable about happy

Hate to tell you, but according to Surrell, Santa, Easter B, and the T. Fairy were all removed before the public ever saw them.

Video loop of Lassie getting hit by a truck—that's me.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Minion

Hate to tell you, but according to Surrell, Santa, Easter B, and the T. Fairy were all removed before the public ever saw them.
    I wonder if they'll come back after this season's HMH overlay

no comment :|

• Forgotten Spirit

:C thanks to you I've been crying all morning....

norly, you think im joking?

XD

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM