Page 62 of 639 FirstFirst ... 123752596061626364657287112162562 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

I'm clueless on that stuff, or else I'd offer to help.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

You could always ask HBG if you could use his photoshopped image. As long as somewhere it says that it's a photoshopped image of what the figure MIGHT have looked like in the ride, I don't see how anyone could take issue with it.
    dreams. come. true.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by CaitlinMcFly View Post
    You could always ask HBG if you could use his photoshopped image. As long as somewhere it says that it's a photoshopped image of what the figure MIGHT have looked like in the ride, I don't see how anyone could take issue with it.
    Well, this is a Photoshopped (by me) image. The original is in color, shows the figure's base, wheels, disconnected wires and motor; and storage junk around it. (And, no, I can't share the original. But other, modified versions of it are available for viewing on my blog.) And other versions of this very image (including animations), modified by other Haunted Mansion/Hatbox Ghost fans and enthusiasts, are available on the net, where they've existed long before mine and before the Wiki article.

• Perhaps he knows too much

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    After probing around, I found that the image needs all sorts of copyright and source notations. I'm going to see what I can do to have it restored and labeled properly. Apparently, specific language is required or a site bot red flags the submission for deletion automatically.

I'm busy, right now; so, it may be a while, before I can get to it. If someone else knows how and wants to give it a go before me, please, have at it.
    Try posting a question in the Image Copyright Help forum. It might not ultimately be possible to find an allowable use of a Disney-owned image, whether edited by you or not. But the people there are the ones to ask about that.

You know, if someone had a nice, hi-res version of the Disney publicity photo depicting Imagineer Yale Gracey with the prototype Hatbox Ghost, that might work because its creation is/was for the purpose of public/news/media release.

But again, the source and copyright MUST be notated in accordance with Wiki policy. As I am no expert at this, it will take me some time to familiarize myself. In fact, I would probably need to ask the site's administrators a number of questions. And, right now, I don't have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by anazgnos View Post
    Try posting a question in the Image Copyright Help forum. It might not ultimately be possible to find an allowable use of a Disney-owned image, whether edited by you or not. But the people there are the ones to ask about that.
    Thanks. I'll see what I can do, as time permits.

• Future Imagineer - Concep

I just got thinking how rumors were flying that the Hatbox Ghost would return after Christmas and I bet that that was when Disney decided to do another Haunted Mansion Movie so they told Tony Baxter to hold on the Hatbox Ghost return until after the release of the film or wait and do it in conjunction with the film for more advertising and since the Hatbox ghost is supposedly the main character in this movie... Also I wonder if last Halloween's web promotion with the Hatbox Ghost had anything to do with the movie?...

Visit me at taylorabaird.com and look for the Disney DIY section... (Remnants of the old Disney Imaginations blog, which mysteriously disappeared...)

• is too darn hot.

I have always thought that the Haunted Mansion's CM costumes are the best in the park. Were I to work at a Disneyland attraction, I'd want it to be The Haunted Mansion.

Out of curiosity, how does costuming work? Do the CMs own their wardrobe? Is it leased? Who is responsible for the care and cleaning?

Just wondering.
    Since no one has answered this, I'm gonna step in. The costumes for Disneyland reside in two warehouses, main costuming near the main gate and Fantasyland costuming near Toon Town. CMs check out their costumes from there and return them to the warehouses. CMs can have up to three complete costumes checked out at a time and are allowed to take them home. When returned, they are cleaned and pressed and put out for another CM to check out. When CMs find a costume that fits just right, sometimes they hold onto it for months, washing them themselves. When the costumes are returned to costuming, though Disney does wash them.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Inhospitable about happy

Thanks. I'll see what I can do, as time permits.
    Ugh. Computer's been down for three days.

Anyway, if this info helps, that HBG photo was first published with permission from Disney Enterprises in: The "E" Ticket 32 (Fall 1999), p. 20.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Since no one has answered this, I'm gonna step in. The costumes for Disneyland reside in two warehouses, main costuming near the main gate and Fantasyland costuming near Toon Town. CMs check out their costumes from there and return them to the warehouses. CMs can have up to three complete costumes checked out at a time and are allowed to take them home. When returned, they are cleaned and pressed and put out for another CM to check out. When CMs find a costume that fits just right, sometimes they hold onto it for months, washing them themselves. When the costumes are returned to costuming, though Disney does wash them.
    Thank you! (I was beginning to feel uh invisible.)

Your answer sparks another question: How is it then that some people happen to own authentic Haunted Mansion uniforms/wardrobe? Are current and/or former CMs allowed to purchase their costumes? Do they just make off with them? Does Disneyland hold staff/cast clothing sales occasionally and/or distribute/donate garments to consignment/thrift/secondhand shops (such as It's A Wrap), like some studios and prodcos?

Again, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Ugh. Computer's been down for three days.

Anyway, if this info helps, that HBG photo was first published with permission from Disney Enterprises in: The "E" Ticket 32 (Fall 1999), p. 20.
    Thanks for the info. It surely can't hurt.

Hey, guess what? My blog made me some money last month! Yes indeed, Google deposited a whopping 38 into my checking account. Ka-ching.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Hey, guess what? My blog made me some money last month! Yes indeed, Google deposited a whopping 38 into my checking account. Ka-ching.
    Is that really the "cent" symbol? now that is spooky. Glad to see chat is alive and well

• Minion

Yeah, just how did you get the cents symbol? I've been trying to figure that one out for years!

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Is that really the "cent" symbol? now that is spooky. Glad to see chat is alive and well
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Yeah, just how did you get the cents symbol? I've been trying to figure that one out for years!
    Have your people contact my people. I'll be on my yacht.

(OPTION + 4 = "")

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM