Page 74 of 714 FirstFirst ... 244964717273747576778499124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 10697

• Batman with a Gun

Bel Air, California, United States, United States

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Did anyone ride today? I noticed some *fixed* or *new* things.

Graveyard: The tombstones infront of the Crypt Ghost are lit up
    Unload: Eversince tuesday (the mansion had to reset itself 3 times while I rode) the unload "carpet" has painted on safety markings.
    Did they fix the sync with Madame Leota? For the last 3 weeks the musical instruments have been playing about 6 seconds too early.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    A wee bit cockeyed, don't you think? Makes me lean slightly to the left looking at it.
    This better?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Oooooo! Me LIKES!!!

Somebody's been Photoshopping.
    Well...a little.

But I just had to go 'shopping. As you can see, they had a blue light special.
    Last edited by HBG2; 08-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    I don't like it when Doom Buggies go so fast now. I think the Doom Buggies back then move slower. Now the attraction just drags on, it seems pretty short after riding it. Haunted Mansion is now 5 min. and 30 seconds now rather than being 7-8 minutes as it used to be.
    I knew I wasn't crazy! They most likely did it for capacity

Edit:
    Considering I'm a Haunted Mansion AND Pirates of the Caribbean fanatic, what if I made a PotC effect thread?...there is plenty to explore there

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I knew I wasn't crazy! They most likely did it for capacity

Edit:
    Considering I'm a Haunted Mansion AND Pirates of the Caribbean fanatic, what if I made a PotC effect thread?...there is plenty to explore there
    It would probably quickly devolve into a debate about the Sparrow changes.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    It would probably quickly devolve into a debate about the Sparrow changes.
    NOOOOOOOO! LOL
    I'm still doing it!

but watch

it will end up like you said...
    then I will come to the rescue...
    maybe

• Here to change the world

I just made a 360 degree turnaround of the Hatbox Ghost head I made. So if you were ever curious what he might have looked like from different angles, check it out!

Steam Pirate: The Hatbox Ghost Head Turn

• Forgotten Spirit

Cool!

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by M3wThr33 View Post
    Did they fix the sync with Madame Leota? For the last 3 weeks the musical instruments have been playing about 6 seconds too early.
    It seemed to be fine yesterday

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

I noticed FloataLeota was out on Tuesday, and the A/V was synced rather well considering the major issues I've seen with her when she's been active.

I got into a rather interesting discussion with my man Leeroy today over lunch. He brought up the fact that the attic seems out of place in the ride as is, and the major reason of the many discussed was the fact that the visual effects and the audio seems cleaner than that of the rest of the ride. Obviously that is due to the age of some effects/speakers/recordings over others in the ride/parks, but it was an interesting bit of conversation. He was concerned that the ride should get a complete overhaul with updated (not changed, mind you, simply updated) effects so it was a bit more homogenized in terms of quality. I'm not trying to spark debate on if changes should be made, but what are your thoughts on completely updating the ride with newer tech? Mind you, not CHANGING, just updating. Before someone yells at me for suggesting such a thing.
    dreams. come. true.

• knower of useless info

i would love to see the ride updated. and i'd love to see some of the new projection tech implemented (like the snow white enhancements) because it seems like the perfect ride for those sorts of effects. i'd like to see the bride worked on, actually, because she seems so hokey. i know we're not likely to ever get the old style bride back (oh how i miss her!) but i'd like to see constance toned back on the goofy a bit.

i haven't experienced it myself, but from what i understand of it, i think an overhaul similar to wdw's wouldn't be objectionable. (major changes avoided, obviously, even if i don't consider myself a purist)

it's an aging ride! a wonderful one, but that doesn't mean it couldn't use a good working over. spooks and spirits through the washer and a fresh coat of dust.

• Larger Than (After)Life

I found this today on Flickr and thought you mortals might enjoy it:

Very nice, I think.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Oooh pretty. I like the little rainbow starbursts at the top!
    dreams. come. true.

• Minion

That really is a sweet pic!

• Pumpkin Dragon

Me likes xD

But, I noticed that this thread has been losing energy lately. Anybody got any other things to say?

Well, As far as I know, The dancer effect at the ballroom seems to have been corrected. The men apper to be leading the woman now, not the other way round, which makes more sense xD
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Personally I'm still waiting to see if Hatbox will get a drop return soon now that Tony is done with Lincoln. The HM movie seems too far away for any plans to return the character to be made.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM