Page 76 of 606 FirstFirst ... 2651667374757677787986101126176576 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 9082

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    Disney needs to go back to what they were when walt was alive
    You said it, brother.
    Went to Disneyland today...rode the Mansion once. Horrifying sight and sound, indeed. Can we get people in charge that actually care, please?

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Its absurd in my opinion that they are "cutting" budgets for an AA...pretty much a static AA!
    Why are you assuming that the new one is nothing more than a replica of the old one?

Disney needs to go back to what they were when walt was alive
    Except they can't. "Walt would have ______" is a blank everyone seems to think they can fill, even though it quickly becomes obvious that you can't get any agreement about what goes in the blank. It's a game that's easy to play and impossible to win. Even the Imagineers who created the HM and who worked for years with Walt disagreed in later interviews about which side of the scary-vs.-silly controversy Walt came down on.

The DL HM can't be that out of whack. When I rode the DL HM in June, just about everything looked and sounded great, with only a few exceptions. If there's an intermittent sound synch problem, they undoubtedly know about it and intend to fix it.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    (Not directed at BassBone)

How on Earth is there a such thing as a "budget" with Disney? How about just using the parking money (now a bargain price of $15) for a day, and there you have a new HBG, and then some.

I know this isn't "possible" but my point is, the company is filthy rich. Kick down some of that weekly churro money and get us a new HBG.
    I once heard a conversation in line for the HM between three women along these lines. They did the math on how much Disney makes in a single day from ticket sales alone, and they all expressed how much they wanted to own Disneyland so they could get access to cash like that. I laughed to myself... Think about how much food is sold and how each restaurant needs to be restocked at the end of the night. How much new stock costs for all the stores at the end of the night. How much a churro costs to buy, premade. How much it costs for new paint, maintainence equipment, oil and grease for the rides. How much it costs to pay the thousands of employees who work each day that you see, and the other large number you don't see each night. At the end of each day, with just income from Disneyland alone, Disney is lucky if it breaks even.
    dreams. come. true.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Why are you assuming that the new one is nothing more than a replica of the old one?
    What would they do to make him different? Possibly some new effect for his head changing, but the Hatbox Ghost was pretty much a static AA. Since you are the king of anything HM..do you have anything to show he wont be a static AA?

Except they can't. "Walt would have ______" is a blank everyone seems to think they can fill, even though it quickly becomes obvious that you can't get any agreement about what goes in the blank. It's a game that's easy to play and impossible to win. Even the Imagineers who created the HM and who worked for years with Walt disagreed in later interviews about which side of the scary-vs.-silly controversy Walt came down on.

The DL HM can't be that out of whack. When I rode the DL HM in June, just about everything looked and sounded great, with only a few exceptions. If there's an intermittent sound synch problem, they undoubtedly know about it and intend to fix it.
    It's pretty off, which makes me slightly sad. The ride has been breaking down more than usual (although there has been a spike in attendence these last few days, and its pretty old..but still). As of yesterday Leota was out of sync, the ballroom has these annoying green lights shining onto the ceiling above the doombuggies...perhaps my biggest complaint is the uncessary light in the ride! LIMBO is way to bright, and the graveyard is pretty bright compared to a few years ago.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

We've seen by now the Sam McKim "walk through" HM exterior design, and Data of course did the excellent 3D render of the drawing.

Here's a piece don't recall being posted, apologies if it has: an aerial overview of the front building and actual show building behind by McKim, part of a larger design for the "New Orleans" expansion for Frontierland.

• =)

Oh wow...I'd seen the final colored version of that - I even created a "modern" version of the show building based on it, as seen below - but I'd never seen this pencil version. Very cool!

I was there last week HM looked good to me.Well the coffin ghost looked a little off to me moveing slower or something just not right. leota looked great every time isaw her the bicycle ghosts were not working the last two times i was in there but all in all the mansion looked OK to me

• Inhospitable about happy

What would they do to make him different? Possibly some new effect for his head changing, but the Hatbox Ghost was pretty much a static AA. Since you are the king of anything HM..do you have anything to show he wont be a static AA?
    Your whole point was that he wouldn't be that expensive because he's just a static figure. You've got it backwards. The presumption is that he will not be a mere replica of the 1969 one. They would never do such a thing, period. The burden of proof lies with anyone claiming that he is going to be static. Of course he will move his head and limbs.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• is too darn hot.

It's pretty off, which makes me slightly sad. The ride has been breaking down more than usual (although there has been a spike in attendence these last few days, and its pretty old..but still). As of yesterday Leota was out of sync, the ballroom has these annoying green lights shining onto the ceiling above the doombuggies...perhaps my biggest complaint is the uncessary light in the ride! LIMBO is way to bright, and the graveyard is pretty bright compared to a few years ago.
    The audio sync and lighting issues are the biggest problems with the Mansion right now. However, there has been attention paid to the mansion recently. The new Leota projection system looks fantastic, all the animatronics are functioning correctly and everything looks pretty damned good. They even fixed one of my pet peeves, and that's the hearse parked through the ballroom doors. Historically it's been parked at a haphazard angle to the doors and the ghosts are positioned to "exit" the hearse from that angle. After the past couple HMH downtimes, the hearse has been returned at right angles to the door, which just looks slightly off. Well I rode the Mansion on Sunday and the hearse had been repositioned at an angle. Perhaps someone is reading this thread? *waves*
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    The audio sync and lighting issues are the biggest problems with the Mansion right now. However, there has been attention paid to the mansion recently. The new Leota projection system looks fantastic, all the animatronics are functioning correctly and everything looks pretty damned good. They even fixed one of my pet peeves, and that's the hearse parked through the ballroom doors. Historically it's been parked at a haphazard angle to the doors and the ghosts are positioned to "exit" the hearse from that angle. After the past couple HMH downtimes, the hearse has been returned at right angles to the door, which just looks slightly off. Well I rode the Mansion on Sunday and the hearse had been repositioned at an angle. Perhaps someone is reading this thread? *waves*
    There's no doubt in my wandering mind that there are plenty of Disney, Disneyland and Haunted Mansion someones reading these threads.

[QUOTE=BassBone;1056199628]The audio sync and lighting issues are the biggest problems with the Mansion right now.
    Bassbone give me your take on the lighting problems

• is too darn hot.

Well, mansionman, it's as MrHBG said, parts of the attraction are far too bright, especially the load area. I haven't noticed what he said about the lights projecting on the ceiling in the ballroom area. I guess I am too concerned with looking at the ballroom itself. However, there are areas where you can see the ceiling a little too well, the seance circle being one, portions of the corridor of doors being another. The graveyard seems to vary, though my opinion is that the singing busts are a bit too bright.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Good points and thanks

• and too all a good fright

Please pardon me if this has already been discussed...

I have only ever seen the DL HM during HMH (sad, I know). Both Tokyo and WDW has a "Master Gracey" changing portrait in the foyer. Why did DL never receive this effect?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    Please pardon me if this has already been discussed...

I have only ever seen the DL HM during HMH (sad, I know). Both Tokyo and WDW has a "Master Gracey" changing portrait in the foyer. Why did DL never receive this effect?
    DL now has the Dorian Gray/"master" painting alongside the other 4 in the walk through hall. He replaced the young woman who aged into a old hag (April December)

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM