Page 84 of 608 FirstFirst ... 3459748182838485868794109134184584 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 9119
  1. #1246

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    LOL - Use it all you want. That's the main reason I created it in the first place!

    I've updated a few things since then, but alas - not enough new material to warrant a new collection.

  2. #1247

    • hatbox ghost believer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ventura, CA USA
    Posts
    549

    Thumbs up Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words you guys. Right now my figures are just hanging out in my studio and not many other people have seen them, so it's nice to see them being E-ppreciated. As promised, here's a video.

    YouTube - Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost and Bride Replicas

    Since I had to up the lighting in the room for them to read on video, Hattie's headlining ( . . . ) special effect isn't working here, but look closely and you'll see his head pulsating. He still needs one in his Hatbox, and I feel even harder than making his head disappear from his neck -- that seems to work well enough -- will be rigging a system that allows his hatbox to illuminate in conjunction with the disappearing act. For all that I know about illusions I don't know much about electrics; at least not anything that will run on it's own. Standing there flipping switches all Halloween seems a little unappealing, and I have more important matters to attend to on that most haunted of days! If anyone knows of a simple-ish solution for that I'd love to know how to do it. I feel like someone has to has to manufacture some power source that will alternate between two devices, shutting off power to one before bringing up the other . . . right?
    Fantastic! Great job!!!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com



  3. #1248

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words you guys. Right now my figures are just hanging out in my studio and not many other people have seen them, so it's nice to see them being E-ppreciated. As promised, here's a video.
    I gotta tell ya, it's creepy seeing that HBG figure's trembling hand. Like I've said umpteen times, that's the detail I remember most. The eye is drawn to motion, so that's really no surprise.

    If you're going for 100% authenticity, the quivering should be stronger, a little more exaggerated, fyi, fwiw. In other words, a little bit wider back-and-forth movement, if that's do-able. But yeah, it's a real creepy feeling seeing it.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  4. #1249

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    278

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I gotta tell ya, it's creepy seeing that HBG figure's trembling hand. Like I've said umpteen times, that's the detail I remember most. The eye is drawn to motion, so that's really no surprise.

    If you're going for 100% authenticity, the quivering should be stronger, a little more exaggerated, fyi, fwiw. In other words, a little bit wider back-and-forth movement, if that's do-able. But yeah, it's a real creepy feeling seeing it.

    That's thrilling to know, HBG2. In theory the arm thing should be as simple as loosening screws in the arm, so I'll definitely make the effort. I'll be sure to add "Ability to spread Hot and Cold running Chills" to the special skills part of my resume.

    I did have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. It may be difficult to answer since the effect didn't work properly, but what was supposed to happen with the HBG's Hat when his head disappeared? There's no room for it in the Hatbox, and I can't decide which makes more sense, having the hat float there inexplicably or having it disappear altogether. Though I guess I ghost hat would be capable of either trick . . . still, I wonder what the intent was. Any input?
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

    https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

    "The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio


    "Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis




  5. #1250

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    That's thrilling to know, HBG2. In theory the arm thing should be as simple as loosening screws in the arm, so I'll definitely make the effort. I'll be sure to add "Ability to spread Hot and Cold running Chills" to the special skills part of my resume.

    I did have a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. It may be difficult to answer since the effect didn't work properly, but what was supposed to happen with the HBG's Hat when his head disappeared? There's no room for it in the Hatbox, and I can't decide which makes more sense, having the hat float there inexplicably or having it disappear altogether. Though I guess I ghost hat would be capable of either trick . . . still, I wonder what the intent was. Any input?
    The hat stays put. The head disappears from underneath it, and it "floats," waiting for the head to return.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  6. #1251

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    First, no pants. And now, I have NIPPLES.



    WHAT next?

    Wait! Don't answer that. More importantly, DO NOT draw it!!!

  7. #1252

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    First, no pants. And now, I have NIPPLES.



    WHAT next?

    Wait! Don't answer that. More importantly, DO NOT draw it!!!
    What the...?

  8. #1253

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Juniper Hills, CA
    Posts
    427

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    seriously, yensidtlaw1969, if they ripped out all the Connie stuff and put in what you made I would consider it a major upgrade!

  9. #1254

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    seriously, yensidtlaw1969, if they ripped out all the Connie stuff and put in what you made I would consider it a major upgrade!
    I wholeheartedly agree!

  10. #1255

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,575

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    First, no pants. And now, I have NIPPLES.



    WHAT next?

    Wait! Don't answer that. More importantly, DO NOT draw it!!!
    I don't mind the nipples so much as the IQ = shoe-size expression on his face.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

    The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

  11. #1256

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    seriously, yensidtlaw1969, if they ripped out all the Connie stuff and put in what you made I would consider it a major upgrade!
    ME TOO!

    But I still want pants.

  12. #1257

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I don't mind the nipples so much as the IQ = shoe-size expression on his face.
    And with no feet, that's a pretty small size.

    BTW, the artist forgot my gold tooth — AGAIN.

  13. #1258

    • Pumpkin Dragon
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Corona, California, United States
    Posts
    388

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    First, no pants. And now, I have NIPPLES.



    WHAT next?



    Wait! Don't answer that. More importantly, DO NOT draw it!!!

    What has the world come to!?
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

    Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

  14. #1259

    •   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,076

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Nothing vastly exciting, but to continue the cause of any and all Mansion obscure depictions, here's a painting of the HM I bet none here have seen yet:



    From a 1985 concept painting for Splash Mountain by Collin Campbell. (presumably a different one than the illustrator of the Story and Song album)
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

  15. #1260

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Middle River, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

    Probably the same Collin Campbell. Looks like his style. Nice!

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Similar Threads

  1. [Chat] Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect vs The Army of Darkness, or the Thread 5
    By CaitlinMcFly in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2077
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 02:45 AM
  2. Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2544
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 06:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •