Page 9 of 600 FirstFirst ... 6789101112193459109509 ... LastLast

• =)

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Hands down, one of the loveliest nighttime HM shots I've ever seen...

100502 - Haunted Mansion by ~jacobC118 on deviantART
    Very handsome shot. My goodness, I love our HM facade.

• Mr. Ghost

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Am I the only one who sees the "face" in the DL Haunted Mansion facade. If viewed from a certain angle, The top windows become eyes and the pediment and columns become a mouth with teeth. Maybe it's I'm looking for a "face" while I'm overly tired.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

How about a nice, relaxing, picture post for a Monday night?

Here's Claude Coats with "the boss", looking over the fire scene for Pirates:

We've all seen this one before, but it truly is excellent, isn't it? One of my favorite Mansion concept arts. Creepy creeps with eerie eyes, indeed...

Another Coats image, really too bad I have never seen this one in a bigger size.

And not conclusively attributable to Claude, but the flying spectre definitely resembles one of his...

Rolly and his toys, another oft-used photo.

I believe this Crump image was originally shared by our own TightropeGirlLover...

The famous..snake...monster...candle holder..with bells. Everyone's favorite!

A couple more Crump oddities. It doesn't really need to be said, but this stuff really was pretty weird...a shame it never materialized in our realm.

Marc Davis and model for his followup to Pirates, Western River Expedition

The seance madame consults with Death himself, seemingly...

Marc was fantastic at facial expressions and comedic sketches...the bust's expression is very well done in this piece.

Another instance of the generic "sheet ghosts" in a Davis sketch.

Well, that about does it....just a few odds and ends I scraped together.

• Yoiks!

The famous..snake...monster...candle holder..with bells. Everyone's favorite!

I love the snake candle! The web woman is really cool too! I'm all excited about it because it looks different from what I remember. When I get home I will check to see if it is the same image that was posted a few threads back. If not, you really made my day!!

Edit: I had these already but I only remembered these.

Great sketches either way!
    Last edited by Kreepy Karl; 05-11-2010 at 05:16 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepy Karl View Post
    I love the snake candle! The web woman is really cool too! I'm all excited about it because it looks different from what I remember. When I get home I will check to see if it is the same image that was posted a few threads back. If not, you really made my day!!

Edit: I had these already but I only remembered these.

Great sketches either way!
    Indeed, Rolly did some awesome "out there" sketches...I was excited to find the variation on the one you post, myself.

• Inhospitable about happy

And not conclusively attributable to Claude, but the flying spectre definitely resembles one of his...

A couple more Crump oddities. It doesn't really need to be said, but this stuff really was pretty weird...a shame it never materialized in our realm.
    A couple of oopsies in there. The first one is "conclusively attributable" to...me. Actually, it's a photoshop I did combining artwork from the Magic from the Haunted Mansion booklet and a Coates ghostie. And those two Crump drawings are actually only one Crump drawing and a sketch by the Art Nouveau master of fashion, Erté.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Ooops! Well then, no wonder it was recognizable as a Coates drawing Very well blended, HBG2.

I still haven't seen the first, "real" Crump drawing very much, if ever before...very distinctive it is, what with the weird, Charles Manson-faced bat monster on her head.

• Minion

Aside from the HBG2's added spectre, wasn't this one used for some advertisements? I've used this one myself for the CD tray back art for the HM Unauthorized 36th Anniversary CD set.

I haven't seen it elsewhere. I had to pshop out some things before I did the mash-up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    I haven't seen it elsewhere. I had to pshop out some things before I did the mash-up.

Hmpf. Never seen this version with Merlin in it - just that skeleton.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

This last Friday, I took about 210 pictures of our favorite ride. I've picked out my favorites, tweaked them, and posted them here for you all to enjoy. For easy viewing I've shrunk most of them down to a computer-friendly size, but feel free to give me a shout if you see anything you'd like in a more wallpapery size.

Some things I learned about the Mansion on this trip:

-The chicken exit is entirely unthemed. To take the chicken exit, keep going down the moving walkway and go to your left. After going up some stairs, you will be deposited through the crypt door in the queue.

-Most of us already know that when they first installed the HMH sign, they cut off the top part of the Mansion's gate. The two pillars still have some "scars" from this.

-The current Tightrope Gal looks a whole lot like the Clem Hall version. I thought that was supposed to have been replaced?

Last edited by Garfieldo; 05-11-2010 at 11:23 AM.

BEAUTIES! Very nice indeed.

As for our Tightrope queen, nope, that's the new gal, not Clem's. The difference is not drastic enough to be obvious without a side-by-side comparison:

....and GG, there were two covers for the Magic book. According to "Chef Mayhem," they went to a different title and a second cover to de-emphasize the Mansion for marketing purposes and to bring in a more universal Disney character (Merlin).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Here is the version I used:

Can't recall where the original came from.

EDIT: It was the Merlin cover! I made this from a partial scan of the booklet, which included the back cover. I swear, I don't remember Merlin at all, but sure enough, I found the original scan in my old files from 2003 and there he was.
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 05-11-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Remembered some info

• Minion

Wow Garfieldo! How did you manage to get so many pics without any people in them?

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Ghost View Post
    Wow Garfieldo! How did you manage to get so many pics without any people in them?
    With the front, I just got lucky, really. I guess everyone was eating lunch or something. It didn't last very long, though. Just long enough for me to get those pictures.

The extended queue (including the pet cemetery) was closed off for virtually the whole day. Thankfully, I was able to get permission to take pictures in there anyway. I probably looked kind of silly running back and forth in the closed-off walkway, but, oh well.

I also got permission to enter the fastpass distrubution area, which they weren't using that day. I might double check to see if any of those pictures turned out good enough to show here.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM