Page 91 of 720 FirstFirst ... 41668188899091929394101116141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 10793

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by hubbub View Post
    Going back a few pages I noticed the patch on the seance chair, is it a speaker?
    Almost certainly - and really Bad Show making it so visible like that, even in the dark, the excess light from Leota would let you know something was up. People would pick up on it almost instantly if Leota's voice (or the crow calls) were coming from under the table, or from a speaker on the ceiling.

All you need to do is cut a hole in the back of the chair, remove the padding around and under the speaker area and let it rip. No wait, you let it talk, you don't let it rip - that would be bad.

I'll bet they left the original thick satin-weave upholstery fabric, and then wondered why Leota sounded like she was hiding under a blanket...

You have to recover the chair. The speaker would fire through open weave speaker cloth just fine, matter of fact that's why they call it speaker cloth as it is deliberately transparent to audio...

The only problem would be finding speaker cloth in the right color and pattern to evoke chair upholstery cloth if anyone cared to use flash photography. Color is easy, and you can silkscreen print the pattern. Don't worry about the velveteen flocking, nobody is going to be touching it.

And there's Show Quality's next little project, if they haven't fixed it already. Recover a chair in speaker cloth, and roll up a new tackstrip for the edges. (Or just use regular staples on the edges, and hot-glue the trim over it - again nobody's going to be sitting in it.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    TIm Burton didn't even make Nightmare Before Christmas. He just gave the general story outline and character designs to Henry Selick while went off to make Batman 2 and now Burton gets almost all the credit.
    Hence why I kept talking about his storytelling and visual style when talking about NBC. Selick is a pro and has my respect.
    dreams. come. true.

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by mansionman View Post
    2001-2009+one more this year= ten years.
    2001-2010 isnt ten. its nine, right?

10-1=9

or is someone pulling someone's leg, or did basic math just go down the swirly white bowl of death?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey13 View Post
    Anybody know what the gingerbread house is this year? It is the only component of the HMH I look forward to seeing.
    Sneak Peek: Giant Gingerbread House in Haunted Mansion Holiday Disney Parks Blog

• Banned User

That old dark house at the end of the dimly lit street.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    2001-2010 isnt ten. its nine, right?

10-1=9

or is someone pulling someone's leg, or did basic math just go down the swirly white bowl of death?
    Try again.

2001: fist year
    2002: second year
    2003: third year
    2004: fourth year (see where this is going yet?)
    2005: fifth year
    2006: sixth year
    2007: seventh year
    2008: eighth year
    2009: ninth year
    2010: tenth year

You're counting it like age instead of occurrences. If we count it as though the overlay was born in 2001, then this is nine years later. But it's the 10th year the show has been presented.

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Try again.

2001: fist year
    2002: second year
    2003: third year
    2004: fourth year (see where this is going yet?)
    2005: fifth year
    2006: sixth year
    2007: seventh year
    2008: eighth year
    2009: ninth year
    2010: tenth year

You're counting it like age instead of occurrences. If we count it as though the overlay was born in 2001, then this is nine years later. But it's the 10th year the show has been presented.
    oh now it makes sense, thanks
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Almost certainly - and really Bad Show making it so visible like that, even in the dark, the excess light from Leota would let you know something was up. People would pick up on it almost instantly if Leota's voice (or the crow calls) were coming from under the table, or from a speaker on the ceiling.

All you need to do is cut a hole in the back of the chair, remove the padding around and under the speaker area and let it rip. No wait, you let it talk, you don't let it rip - that would be bad.

I'll bet they left the original thick satin-weave upholstery fabric, and then wondered why Leota sounded like she was hiding under a blanket...

You have to recover the chair. The speaker would fire through open weave speaker cloth just fine, matter of fact that's why they call it speaker cloth as it is deliberately transparent to audio...

The only problem would be finding speaker cloth in the right color and pattern to evoke chair upholstery cloth if anyone cared to use flash photography. Color is easy, and you can silkscreen print the pattern. Don't worry about the velveteen flocking, nobody is going to be touching it.

And there's Show Quality's next little project, if they haven't fixed it already. Recover a chair in speaker cloth, and roll up a new tackstrip for the edges. (Or just use regular staples on the edges, and hot-glue the trim over it - again nobody's going to be sitting in it.)

--<< Bruce >>--
    I thought it was a speaker, too, and likened it to the talking-chair-as-medium that Rolly sketched for the Museum of the Weird sťance scene. But GRD piddled ice water all over the suggestion, saying that it's not a speaker and never has been. All the way back in T1 for this one.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Wouldn't YOU like to know

I gotta say, I have never been to the HMH. (please don't hurt me)
    If you liked this post in any way, please mark it as helpful, thanks

• I'm a Lutheran

/\ I hope you get to experience it someday, it's definitely worth riding!
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Inhospitable about happy

Not to blog pimp, but I know that lots of you are interested in the Jean Lafitte super-theme concept developed by Eddie Sotto in the 90's. I've finally done a post on it at Long-Forgotten, and Eddie Sotto himself has popped in and left a number of fascinating new details in the Comments.

Oh, and I suppose I ought to thank HMF for calling it to Sotto's attention, over on another chatboard. Thanks, HMF.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• Legends never die...

I know this is fairly off-topic, but as Halloween is drawing near, I wanted to share this homemade HM effect from my hometown. Its a cool combination of 2 classic Mansion effects! Enjoy!

(I hope this hasn't been shared before)

Poe Bust : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Mr. Ghost

hee hee hee, I came across the blog of the chap who did that:
    Schneblog

New video interview with GDT at Collider.com
    Guillermo del Toro Interview AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS, HAUNTED MANSION, Video Games

Haunted Mansion stuff starts at the 9:45 mark.
    *The storyline and some key concept art was given to Disney last week
    *He'll know in January if Disney wants to go ahead with his take (that part makes me a bit nervous - I thought it was a done deal)
    *The movie will have a PG-13 rating and be a "dark ride"

Video contains some strong language - just a heads up if you're offended by that.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Oh, and I suppose I ought to thank HMF for calling it to Sotto's attention, over on another chatboard. Thanks, HMF.
    You are very welcome.
    BTW' Here's an awesome review of the 2003 HM movie
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...aunted-mansion
    Last edited by HMF; 09-17-2010 at 12:44 PM.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM