Page 96 of 559 FirstFirst ... 468693949596979899106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 8380

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Read it and CHEER!!!

Destination D LIVE Coverage

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

This news is kind of underwhelming. Probably because of the fact that it was only a matter of time.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

NO ONE is going to rain on my parade today.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

It probably hasn't hit me yet. lol I have to see video of this!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Very interesting! Expected this announcement for a while, but then after the movie announcement, I STOPPED expecting this until after the movie came out.

I wonder if they're going to be working with Del Toro and co to come up with a coherent vision for the character in park and on screen or if they're trying to get him in the mansion ASAP to influence how he'll appear in the movie. I'm guessing it's the former.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

It is fantastic that it is FINALLY official!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Forgotten Spirit

No longer will I dwell in the shadows of the past, I now dwell above the suicidal balcony leading to the graveyard across from that psycho betch Constance. yay :3

• Inhospitable about happy

To the skeptics down through the years...

Toldja.

What it looks like to me is the reverse of what we've been speculating with regard to with the Del Toro project. Instead of holding off and designing a HBG that comports with what Del Toro comes up with for the movie, they're putting in place now (or very soon) the thing that Del Toro will have to match. Since the film is years away and the story is just now being written, that makes sense. It also makes sense since HBG2 was mostly done and ready to go last year.

Do it right, guys. You're dabbling in things beyond what you could possibly imagine.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

In other subject, and apologies if this has been covered before. On good old "Story and Song from the Haunted Mansion", there's a single sound effect that plays when Thurl is talking about the graveyard, and the ghosts riding bicycles (what we call banshees). It's at 2:42-2:43 in this clip:

Anyone out there know if this kind of shrieking sound effect was ever present in the Mansion, or maybe still there, buried under other noises? I can't recall hearing it ever with my own ears while riding HM, and it would lend credence to the kind of informal reference to those spectres as "banshees"[/QUOTE]

RegionsBeyond, I posted somewhere way back when on one of the threads about hearing these guys - although it was the WDW version of the HM and was on my first trip to the MK in 1973. I even had brought along a portable mini-tape recorder and taped several ride-thrus and listened to those things over and over to the point I have them memorized. (Unfortunately they wound up being accidentally thrown out during a move some years ago - much to my continued regret - so I only have those memories at this point.) I remember them sounding somewhat different than the one the lp record featured - more drawn-out in length and not having that wierd-sounding grunt (or whatever that is) heard at the end. On my next trip in 1976, this audio (as well as the graveyard pop-up shrieks, cackles, etc.) was gone and I've always wondered who else beside me ever heard them...

I still want to be a fully-functioning animatron, sort of like Jack Skellington at the entrance to The Graveyard scene only BETTER! After all these years nay decades, I want to move around. And I have plenty to say!

• We Go On.

I'm so happy.

All those skeptics. HA!

• Forgotten Spirit

I want a nice subtle upgrade to the HBG...I DONT want my AA to be muddled up with unnecessary crap.

Also, "Perhaps Madame Leota can establish contact, she has a remarkable head
    for materializing the disembodied" Was that line removed again? I haven't heard it lately...or I'm just not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I DONT want my AA to be muddled up with unnecessary crap.
    Your AA?

You, sir, are an impostor!

<---is having a very good day.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Your AA?

You, sir, are an impostor!

<---is having a very good day.
    Now now now, we all know that you are really Carlos's wife and that you are just dressed up as the HBG because you dont want to be cheeeaaaacken!

• We Go On.

^I was about to say the same thing.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM