Page 99 of 618 FirstFirst ... 49748996979899100101102109124149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 9268

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

The Haunting is a classic and I happen to be a fan of Jan De Bont's '99 remake. But the remake's story around Eleanor was overkill. Nothing close to the original which used little special effects to make the haunting scarier than it's remake. It's a classic amongst horror film fanatics.

Changing the subject a little, I recently heard Guillermo's film (if greenlit) would be a PG-13 rating. Would this be the second release under Walt Disney Pictures with that rating?

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Thread 7: Further Realms of Fright

Along with all 3 POTC movies, Prince of Persia also had that rating.

• Mr. Ghost

I don't remember if I posted the link before, but after learning the history of the HM I could recall reading the humourous DisneyLies.com, especially the HM section. Browse at yer own risk Disneyland -- Haunted Mansion (Disney Lies)

and (off topic) since there was a POTC reference , the imagineering disney blog has posted behind the scenes pix of the WDW Pirates...Pirates of the Caribbean Like You've Never SeenIt - Blog - Imagineering Disney

Don't be cheekin Carlos!
    I will not talk.. oh no senor! (glugg glugg glugg)

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    The Haunting is a classic and I happen to be a fan of Jan De Bont's '99 remake. But the remake's story around Eleanor was overkill. Nothing close to the original which used little special effects to make the haunting scarier than it's remake. It's a classic amongst horror film fanatics.

Changing the subject a little, I recently heard Guillermo's film (if greenlit) would be a PG-13 rating. Would this be the second release under Walt Disney Pictures with that rating?
    I dont think so. NBC was PG thus it was put under Touchstone Pictures. I belive it may be put under Touchstone and not under Disney Pictures.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Happy fall everyone! For those of us in SoCal it's more like a belated summer. But now is the time to get in the spooky mood of Samhain, All Souls Day, or whatever Halloween type celebration you have! To help, here is a spooky horror short...with a great ending! YouTube - The Dogs (a short horror story.)
    dreams. come. true.

• Inhospitable about happy

Pretty cute. Well done, too.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

That is pretty epic right there. Brilliantly creepy and then....nice.

To get in the spirit of the season, not strictly HM related but in the vein of the earlier discussed "Haunted House" novelty orchestra song...

YouTube - WITH HER HEAD TUCKED UNDERNEATH HER ARM - Cyril Smith

YouTube - My 3 axis skull quartet.
    This was likely also the rough basis for the song in Disney's Sleepy Hollow cartoon, but changed up some
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    That is pretty epic right there. Brilliantly creepy and then....nice.

To get in the spirit of the season, not strictly HM related but in the vein of the earlier discussed "Haunted House" novelty orchestra song...
    Now THAT was funny. Great find.

This was likely also the rough basis for the song in Disney's Sleepy Hollow cartoon, but changed up some
    Heh. It sure didn't take long for that song to become . . . long forgotten . . . once again. But to recap, that's the Kay Starr version, which came out a few months after the Disney version by Bing Crosby. They were trying to turn Starr into a star and rush-released a cover of a currently-popular song. I like Starr's version better than Bing's, actually.

Those animatronic skulls are pretty cool.

• Mr. Ghost

Is there any concept art concerning the guy trapped in the coffin? And there is a movie example I can cite that is pretty close,( I will have to post the pic later) that seems to be a not so direct influence. "Fall of the House of Usher" 1948 which concerns the Usher family. Based on a short story by Poe. But the influence is a scene in that movie where Roderick Usher's sister is opening her coffin lid and her hands are in a not too dissimilar position to the coffin ghoul.
    Now some may say I'm barking up the wrong tree, but there might be other horror movies where an occupant in a coffin is raising the lid. And some paintings during the dark ages have the same hand position. Another long shot influence is another Poe story " A premature burial" which has "stories" about people who have been interred early only to awaken inside a coffin.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Here is the same guy's completed quartet + 1:

I've never seen any concept art for Coffin Guy, but the idea of coffin escape is generic enough that it would have to be a durn close match before I'd credit something in film or literature as a probable inspiration or influence.

The design of the Conservatory, however, I would be willing to credit to Dorothea Redmond, assuming this is her artwork (it looks like it):

• Wouldn't YOU like to know

nom nom nom.
    If you liked this post in any way, please mark it as helpful, thanks

I'm ecstatic that a Haunted Mansion remake is being considered and that the Hatbox Ghost is returning.
    Last edited by Trekkie313; 10-02-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Not sure if anyone has posted this but here is some behind the scenes pictures of the WDW Haunted Mansion.
    The Haunted Mansion Like You've Never SeenIt - Blog - Imagineering Disney

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pooped Pirate View Post
    nom nom nom.
    NOOO! Stop eating the Haunted thread!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  2. 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM