Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Suggestion: Flatscreens for WoC at DCA

Placed wherever there's space for groups to gather around Paradise Bay (vending carts may need to move). On the bay side of the railings, stored lower than the railings by day, then lifted into place at showtime. Camera(s) where possible (the new light towers?) act as a live feed for the monitors. Visitors can watch the 'front view' onscreen, while seeing the effects in the bay. That new park area where the Rustworthy(?) was is also a possibility.

Screen size and show height would depend on the area for each screen's group.

It should help, and if the pictures are visible (LED), you could eventually use the screens during the day, showing ride wait times, character appearance and show schedules, cartoons, etc. (I'd limit or avoid ads...)

This idea freely given...

• Banned User

Re: Suggestion: Flatscreens for WoC at DCA

So you're saying have flatscreen TV's around the bay, so people with a bad viewing angle can see the front view?

>> MainStreetJake: So you're saying have flatscreen TV's around the bay, so people with a bad viewing angle can see the front view?

Yep. As well as seeing the effects from a bad angle (where many of the visuals may not be discernible) around the screens. The size and position of the screens would determine how much of which you get. The screens might even cover the fence on the path side, with a small (sitting)area for kids, and a roped off area for ~2 rows of adults around each. However, the screens might have defacing issues this way, vs. my originally posted above-the-fence approach.

There will probably still be plenty of places to watch the fountains from, if not the visuals.

Only way I see to try to increase 'capacity' or at least decrease complaints. Now that we're at two shows a night with park closing at 10pm, and the last show at 10:15, the flatsceen viewing areas could be expanded for the 2nd show, as less of a pathway would be needed.

• Banned User

umm ok where in the wide world of sports could you put flat screens for WOC viewing?

• Banned User

ok..and how would you keep them from getting wet...

Now lets go a step further. We've got a camera or two transmitting the World of Color show. Add a 2nd camera to each, with both having Disney-3D (or whatever) polarized lenses, and use one of these to send pictures to the flatscreens.

Meanwhile, both feeds would go to the Muppetvision and/or Tough to be a Bug theaters, where, equipped with their normal 3-D glasses, you'll be able to comfortably sit and see the show in 3-D. (They might be able to toss in some theater effects as well.)

This option could also be used to view the show on a really large screen in 3-D at the dining locations, such as Ariel's restaurant. (With a view of the fountains to one side).

Doesn't this kind of miss the point? The whole point of being there is so you can see it in person. If it's just on screens, why not just stay home and watch it on YouTube...?

Beastly Kingdom
    ? Sci-fi City? Pirateland? Port Disney? Discovery Bay?
    My website: The Neverland Files - all about Disney projects that never got built!
    My blog: Disneyology - Imagineering news and commentary!

Quote Originally Posted by love♥dca View Post
    ok..and how would you keep them from getting wet...
    An enclosure for the screens should suffice. If drops accrue on the screen itself, add a fan in the enclosure to blow them away.

• Banned User

..yeah why would you want tv screens for WOC,, i agree stay at home if you want a tv screen. i will do a live feed for you on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseketeerCole View Post
    Doesn't this kind of miss the point? The whole point of being there is so you can see it in person. If it's just on screens, why not just stay home and watch it on YouTube...?
    Yes, It'll be a better experience to see the show directly, as intended. This isn't meant to be a replacement - it's damage control.

This is a consolation prize for a chunk of the tens of thousands of daily park visitors that don't get the (4,500 - dining spots) reasonable viewing locations for the show. I'm particularly thinking of the kids, whom are used to watching Disney stuff on TV.

..yeah why would you want tv screens for WOC,, i agree stay at home if you want a tv screen. i will do a live feed for you on youtube.
    Well, the park views would probably be higher quality, and allow you to still see the fountains from the sides from the flatscreen venues...

Still anything could help. Remember many only got to see Murphy's original act from such postings. (Right now Murphy is still a major failure in my book - it hardly does anything anymore.)

umm ok where in the wide world of sports could you put flat screens for WOC viewing?
    Anyplace around the lagoon, where you can't see many of the visuals, and where people can sit/stand 3-4 people deep (kids in front) without the fire marshal complaining about pathways being blocked. I'm only thinking about 4-6 of them along the Paradise Pier side. (The bridge would be nice, but isn't wide enough.) Vending carts (the ones not in fixed position, if any still exist) might have to move to the other side of the paths.

There might also be a larger screen attached to the back of Mickey's Fun wheel, tilted so its queue could be used for viewing, if its shut down for the show.

• Banned User

Well it will be interesting to see how the viewing does go since it has not opened yet!

June 11th is the magic date everyone!!!! Write it down, put it in your crackberrys and ipads!

Quote Originally Posted by kpkenney View Post
    Now lets go a step further. We've got a camera or two transmitting the World of Color show. Add a 2nd camera to each, with both having Disney-3D (or whatever) polarized lenses, and use one of these to send pictures to the flatscreens.

Meanwhile, both feeds would go to the Muppetvision and/or Tough to be a Bug theaters, where, equipped with their normal 3-D glasses, you'll be able to comfortably sit and see the show in 3-D. (They might be able to toss in some theater effects as well.)

This option could also be used to view the show on a really large screen in 3-D at the dining locations, such as Ariel's restaurant. (With a view of the fountains to one side).

Corrections:
    Of the above: the polarized lenses would need to be on the projectors at the theaters - i.e. the ones that are already there!

4,500-dining viewing: x2 for 2 shows a night.

• Banned User

u lost me with all the techy stuff.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast