Hello everyone! I've been thinking about what can be done to Disneyland Park for the HalloweenTime promotion, and I think I've come up with some fun ideas. Let's get to it, shall we:
1. Expand the Main Street Pumpkin Festival by adding more pumpkins. I want the place over-flowing with jack-o-lanterns and gourds. A small stage could be set up in Town Square for a small show that would happen a few times a day. The Disneyland Band would come out for their "concert in the park", but the Mayor of Main Street and the Festival Chairwoman (very similar to the now discontinued Pumpkin Lady) would come out and do a small show. The band would play and for the finale, the Fab 5, dressed in their Halloween costumes would come out and dance. The Mickey floral would be done like previous years, made of small pumpkins with floral jack-o-lanterns flanking Mickey.
2. Sleeping Beauty Castle would get a new treatment for HalloweenTime also. There would be a show in the morning here where Malificent and other villains would come out and cast spells on the Castle. Other good guys like the Alice gang, Fab 5, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, etc. would come out and try to stop them. The villains would be like "Halloween is our holiday" or something like that and thorns would come out of the castle moat and "grow" along the brick part. The thorns would be black, so it looks like Malificent took over the Castle for Halloween.
3. The Haunted Mansion would ditch the Holiday version for Halloween. I think the HM should be in its creepy, full glory for Halloween. The HM would shut down right after HalloweenTime for installation of HMH for the Christmas season.
4. Disneyland would receive a new parade for Halloween. It would feature Disney villains, Nightmare Before Christmas characters, and other Disney characters. The floats would be similar to Hong Kong's Glow in the Park parade, but they would be unique in their own ways. Very rare characters would be in it also.
5. Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy would be back for its second year. It would be updated so you can't see the projection screens. The queue would also receive some decor to make it a bit more creepy. Scratches would be on the walls and a destroyed satellite would sit in the outdoor portion. The outdoor queue would look like it's a construction site for satellites and other things the ghost destroyed. Smoke would periodically come out the the satellite to give the effect that something is still inside it. The nightly light shows on the exterior wouldn't be changed, but the Observatron would move and make noise that coincides with the projections, like it's picking up the ghost's signals.
6. Halloween Screams would receive a change. Instead of the reused, hip-hop versions of the songs, the songs would be the originals. The score would be redone with an orchestra, but the voices would be the original ones from the movies.
7. Lastly, when nighttime hits, fog would enshroud the park. Adventureland, Big Thunder Trail, the ROA, the Haunted Mansion grounds, the Castle moat, and in front of Space Mountain would all have a layer of fog on the ground. It wouldn't be something that would fly into the air and obstruct views, but just add a sense of eeriness to the areas.
Thanks for reading! Hope you like the ideas.