Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

My HalloweenTime Line-Up

Hello everyone! I've been thinking about what can be done to Disneyland Park for the HalloweenTime promotion, and I think I've come up with some fun ideas. Let's get to it, shall we:

1. Expand the Main Street Pumpkin Festival by adding more pumpkins. I want the place over-flowing with jack-o-lanterns and gourds. A small stage could be set up in Town Square for a small show that would happen a few times a day. The Disneyland Band would come out for their "concert in the park", but the Mayor of Main Street and the Festival Chairwoman (very similar to the now discontinued Pumpkin Lady) would come out and do a small show. The band would play and for the finale, the Fab 5, dressed in their Halloween costumes would come out and dance. The Mickey floral would be done like previous years, made of small pumpkins with floral jack-o-lanterns flanking Mickey.

2. Sleeping Beauty Castle would get a new treatment for HalloweenTime also. There would be a show in the morning here where Malificent and other villains would come out and cast spells on the Castle. Other good guys like the Alice gang, Fab 5, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, etc. would come out and try to stop them. The villains would be like "Halloween is our holiday" or something like that and thorns would come out of the castle moat and "grow" along the brick part. The thorns would be black, so it looks like Malificent took over the Castle for Halloween.

3. The Haunted Mansion would ditch the Holiday version for Halloween. I think the HM should be in its creepy, full glory for Halloween. The HM would shut down right after HalloweenTime for installation of HMH for the Christmas season.

4. Disneyland would receive a new parade for Halloween. It would feature Disney villains, Nightmare Before Christmas characters, and other Disney characters. The floats would be similar to Hong Kong's Glow in the Park parade, but they would be unique in their own ways. Very rare characters would be in it also.

5. Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy would be back for its second year. It would be updated so you can't see the projection screens. The queue would also receive some decor to make it a bit more creepy. Scratches would be on the walls and a destroyed satellite would sit in the outdoor portion. The outdoor queue would look like it's a construction site for satellites and other things the ghost destroyed. Smoke would periodically come out the the satellite to give the effect that something is still inside it. The nightly light shows on the exterior wouldn't be changed, but the Observatron would move and make noise that coincides with the projections, like it's picking up the ghost's signals.

6. Halloween Screams would receive a change. Instead of the reused, hip-hop versions of the songs, the songs would be the originals. The score would be redone with an orchestra, but the voices would be the original ones from the movies.

7. Lastly, when nighttime hits, fog would enshroud the park. Adventureland, Big Thunder Trail, the ROA, the Haunted Mansion grounds, the Castle moat, and in front of Space Mountain would all have a layer of fog on the ground. It wouldn't be something that would fly into the air and obstruct views, but just add a sense of eeriness to the areas.

Thanks for reading! Hope you like the ideas.

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: My HalloweenTime Line-Up

I can't see anything wrong with these ideas. And for the most part, they're feasible.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Future Indy Castmember

Pretty good ideas.

But fog?

The only place that'll work in Adventureland is IJA's outdoor queue. The rest it won't.

But other than that, you have good ideas.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Here's my $0.02...

This is more a personal preference but I think I'd rather keep strategically placed pumpkins rather than see an overabundance. We have a pumpkin festival up here in New England every fall and when you get tons of jack-o-lanterns together, I feel like it starts to feel cluttered. Also, I'm not sure of the logistics. If the pumpkins are, in fact, real (not sure if they are): they must have to re-carve and replace pumpkins quite frequently throughout the Halloween season. Having more may lessen the quality of those that are out?

As for the castle...you had me at Maleficent. She's my homegirl. However, a 'takeover' of the castle might not fly during the daytime - this seems too dark for Disney. Perhaps at nightfall the castle could transform? I'm certain that there would have to be a moment where 'good triumphs over evil' in the classic Disney way.

I haven't had the fortune to see HMH or SM: GG as of yet so I don't feel like I can comment much on its placement during the holiday season. Sounds like you have some good ideas and I agree that it seems weird that the HM isn't at its "Halloweeniest" during this time of year.

YES YES YES! New Halloween parade! I love the one that's done at WDW for Halloween (Mickey's Boo-to-You Parade). Anything along those lines would be cool.

From what I've seen of Halloween Screams (on Youtube), it seems pretty cool already. The soundtrack seems fun and I don't necessarily mind what they did with the music. But your ideas sound cool too. I always love me a good orchestra soundtrack.

With the fog, I wonder whether or not this might make it too scary for young children. It seems like something that a Six Flags might do to appeal to the teen population, but if this were actualized, it would have to be done with a certain kind of finesse that it is eerie but not "fog creeping in to seal your soul a la the kind from The Ten Commandments movie" style.

On a lot of these things... I probably have no right to comment. Most of Halloween Time at DLR, I've just experienced vicariously through Youtube and podcasts. I'm desperately hoping I can get out to DLR for Halloween one of these years; being a doctoral student, its hard to escape during the fall. However, if execs made even half of your ideas a reality, I'd be booking my plane ticket now!

• Closed Account

OH and bringing Mickey's Trick or Treat back to Disneyland!

WOW! That did come true!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I agree with these. In addition, as I've posted in my own threads, they should do a Halloween overlay on Big Thunder (add some colored spotlights, red, purple, and green throughout, a howling wind soundtrack, and fog, and literally it would be a whole different experience at night), and have night-time ghost story tours on the Mark Twain on the rivers of America, with a live guide with microphone. Maybe a show for Fantasyland with Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman.

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

** Preparing to doge flying items ** Well.. i personally LOVE HMH.. its a very nice long-term overlay and i do love it.

ON TOPIC: LOVE the ideas.. i honestly do think halloweentime should be as "big" As Christmastime at DLR.. i personally LOVE both holidays.. thats part of the reason of why i LOVE HMH.. it ties something together and i just love it..

IDEAS:
    I think the Halloweentime decor should take over the ENTIRE park like it does in... what is it? paris? I know i have seen many-a-videos of it.. and i LOVE their decorations.. I cant wait until im in there and can tell some of those horrible imageNERDS (As Mr. Hatbox had mentioned in another thread.) how it was done when entertainment was GOOD and Celebrate! budget cuts. was NOT playing. and was only there on rainy day cavalcades lol

Thanks ~Fish

• Pssst! Avast there!

I heard from a CM working in the Emporium last Halloween that they did SMGG last year to see how well it would do. She told me that she heard that if it did good they were planning on trying something with BTMRR for Halloween. I don't know how well she knew this, but it sounds good to me.

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

I LOVE DIsney LOVE IT!!! But I could do without the lame "Ghost Galaxy". I know they are limited to what they can do at the park due to the family atmosphere. I make one pilgrimage to Knott's every year and that is for the Halloween Haunt... I have been to everyone except the very first one and I look forward to it each year right after my night there ends! I love Christmas at Disneyland and while I am at the park I don't pay much attention tot he "Halloween" aspect as it is just fun decoration!

I like most of those ideas, well i really,really like the fog on the ground idea! I think for halloween the castle should have different lighting than the normal lights....

• Disney Fan & Musician

I think this year's Halloween time will be great. The trick or treat party is back which is a big plus. I'd also love to see the rumored Halloween parade. (May I suggest ReVillains from TDL ) & I DO hope Halloween Screams is back. That fireworks show was the best they've done, in my opinion.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Quote Originally Posted by Sulley86 View Post
    I heard from a CM working in the Emporium last Halloween that they did SMGG last year to see how well it would do. She told me that she heard that if it did good they were planning on trying something with BTMRR for Halloween. I don't know how well she knew this, but it sounds good to me.
    My guess would BTMRR riding backwards with a couple added effects.. ?

• Banned User

I really like everyones ideas. I especially like the fog (even though it might be a bit too scary for little ones if they over do it).

Maybe add fog machines to the JC and add some creepy red and green eyes coming from various areas of the jungles during the ride. And at night in the head hunters area have them have a roaring fire pit in the middle.

BTMR sounds like it would be awesome done up with colored spotlights.

For the Castle I would suggest to have a lil 5 minute show every hour after the sun goes down with Malificent appearing atop the castle and have fire machines added to the lights/snow machines around the hub and she would cast her spell on the castle with the flames going off and the projection screens and lights casting green and thorn projections all over the castle, maybe add bubbling effects in the moat. That would be awesome.

And I would love to see a parade with the Headless horseman somewhere in there but with dimmer lights and a little more creepy than the happy version of the one I've seen of WDW.

• All-American

Good ideas! They sound feasible enough to actually be do-able. And I agree that the Haunted Mansion should be its normally spooky self during Halloween; I've never understand why they change it so early.

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose75 View Post
    I really like everyones ideas. I especially like the fog (even though it might be a bit too scary for little ones if they over do it).

Maybe add fog machines to the JC and add some creepy red and green eyes coming from various areas of the jungles during the ride. And at night in the head hunters area have them have a roaring fire pit in the middle.

BTMR sounds like it would be awesome done up with colored spotlights.

For the Castle I would suggest to have a lil 5 minute show every hour after the sun goes down with Malificent appearing atop the castle and have fire machines added to the lights/snow machines around the hub and she would cast her spell on the castle with the flames going off and the projection screens and lights casting green and thorn projections all over the castle, maybe add bubbling effects in the moat. That would be awesome.

And I would love to see a parade with the Headless horseman somewhere in there but with dimmer lights and a little more creepy than the happy version of the one I've seen of WDW.
    These are good ideas also! I especially like the Jungle Cruise ones.

I think it would be cool if they added lighting to Big Thunder to make it have actual thunder. Then they could change the soundtrack to something more scary, maybe have some hooting owl AAs, etc.

Wow, wow, wow! I have butterflies just reading all these amazing ideas!!! and agree that they don't seem too far fetched.
    I too, love NBC overlay on HM, but would like to see the creepy orignal in place until after Oct.
    I am going back Sept/Oct and getting sooo excited for HalloweenTime!!!
    I love all these ideas:
    Fog: i don't think its too scary for little ones...so cool and why not, if it can snow at Christmas time!!!
    Castle: Spooky transformation at night with flames and thorns, bubbling moat (love it bellerose75)
    Cheers to y'all for some fun daydreaming...or perhaps real possibilities!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast