Birthday Question

Hello,

I have been reading for a while, and finally decided to post a question. And I know its one that has probably been asked a hundred times before.

I am taking both of my boys to Disneyland for their birthdays. one coming up on May 22 (Turning 4), and one on the 4th of July (Turning 10).

I know about the stickers, and such, but is there anywhere specifically you can recommend that the boys might get some of that extra disney magic. I know it depends upon what cast members are where, but if you have any suggestions that might make it extra magical.

We are all regulars to Disneyland, but it is the first birthdays celebrated there.

Thank you all in advance.

• Disneymom

Re: Birthday Question

Hey, my son's birthday is also July 4th. Wear their buttons right on their chest so it is visible. During the Celebrate parade the dancers saw my son's and pulled him into the parade and Mickey gave him a thumbs up. We also went on my hubby's birthday which is also our anniversary and at the New Orleans Market where we ate and they gave us free dessert of Mickey benighs (sp) All the CMs wished them happy birthday everywhere we went. It really depends on the CM. THere are Happy Birthday buckets you can buy that are filled with stuff. You can ask at City Hall. Have a happy time with them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhunting72 View Post
    Hello,

I have been reading for a while, and finally decided to post a question. And I know its one that has probably been asked a hundred times before.

I am taking both of my boys to Disneyland for their birthdays. one coming up on May 22 (Turning 4), and one on the 4th of July (Turning 10).

I know about the stickers, and such, but is there anywhere specifically you can recommend that the boys might get some of that extra disney magic. I know it depends upon what cast members are where, but if you have any suggestions that might make it extra magical.

We are all regulars to Disneyland, but it is the first birthdays celebrated there.

Thank you all in advance.
    Not sure if you know about this or have seen it going on through the bushes but the "My Disneyland Birthday Party" at the Plaza Inn is ADORABLE. For about $15 per person, the kids get their own birthday cake to decorate, party hat, lemonade in a keepsake cup, and a special visit from Mickey & Minnie. Pat E. Cake, the Master of Ceremonies, is a hoot as well... getting the kids involved in the cake decorating and singing birthday songs. My friend and I did this for my 27th birthday and even we had a blast. They do a ton to make kids feel special. Also, it seems like they limit the numbers so it doesn't feel huge and impersonal; each child gets a chance to visit with Minnie and Mickey for autographs and photos. I would recommend this to anyone!

Disneyland&reg - Happiest Birthdays on Earth

I took my 6 year old niece for her bday in March. When I purchased her ticket, they gave her a It's My Birthday button pin and they gave each one of us a I'M Celebrating button pin.

Everyone wished her a happy birthday. But what really stood out was when we she got on the Jumpin' Jellyfish ride at DCA, the CM said on the Microphone. Hi Everybody, Today It's Krystal's Birthday. Let's All Sing Happy Birthday. And everyone started singing happy birthday.

Thanks to everyone for your info. I'm so looking forward to a new experience at Disneyland with the family.

I additional related question, does anyone know if the birthday pin/sticker will help with a child getting picked in the Jedi Training Academy. My older son was disappointed that he did not get picked on the last trip we went.

When I went on my birthday I didn't have to ask for much, I got the pin from City Hall and the magic worked itself! Everywhere I went CM's were giving me ride passes and at restaurants I was getting special desserts, like at Cafe Orleans. I hope your boys have a just as wonderful experience as I did

• Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

I just went for my 25th birthday and was very nicely accommodated by the Jungle Cruise skippers. I asked very nicely if I might be able to get a map of the ride and two CM's tore apart a cabinet for several minutes trying to find them. I told them it was ok, I didn't need one, but they were adamant about getting me one! They finally found them at the bottom of a filing box, and gave me two! I gave one to a dear friend, and kept the other for myself. Ask the skipper at the END of the ride, and the dock CM's will get one for you.

I asked the Haunted Mansion CM's about a death certificate, and before I could finish asking the mustachioed lady barked no and I was shooed into the ride.

Also ask to sit in the cockpit of the monorail, go to city hall and ask if there is a phone call for your son, and get the button.

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Here is my advice, Go in and get a birthday pin for them, wear them with pride, and smile, and be a polite as you possibly can... and i KNOW that you will have at LEAST 1 super magical moment!