• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Fantasmic, ever seen the show break down?

I know that a lot of people get stuck on rides and other things at Disneyland, but have you ever been watching the Fantasmic show or the fireworks show and something go totally wrong, such as the show missed a beat or mickey wasn't there?

• e komo mai

Re: Fantasmic, ever seen the show break down?

I saw the show stop several years ago. Maleficent didn't retract back into the stage and they just shut the show down. The CM playing Maleficent just crawled down the tube and disappeared. The dress slowly sank into the ground and all the lights came up. Then to block everyone's view they turned on the water screens w/o a projection on them. An announcement came on shortly about the show being cancelled for wind conditions. The another announcement came on shortly after that that said something about technical difficulties. Then an announcement came on saying the show was cancelled.
    It was kind of sad to see the show unfinished like that but it was cool to see some behind the scenes stuff. Maleficent's dress without Maleficent. Nice.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I was sitting backstage by the exit to Haunted Mansion one night when I heard it go down. It was the part where Mickey pops on stage for the first time. The music quit and the lights went off after that point in the show, so we assumed Mickey's lift had not worked and he did not pop up like he's suppossed to. We went to check it out and they made an announcement about technical difficulties and cencelled the show.

My lead in New Orleans told me that when it premiered, it broke down pretty regularly and several times a riot practically broke out. People would throw garbage cans into the RoA and would be hanging from trees- she said it was pretty crazy and scary. People would wait for a long time to see it back then, so they just flipped when it would be cancelled.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    have you ever been watching the Fantasmic show or the fireworks show and something go totally wrong, such as the show missed a beat or mickey wasn't there?
    Does the fireworks causing backstage (now Toontown) to go up in flames decades ago count?

Al had an update about Remember causing a near-critical fire at the Matterhorn a few weeks ago. What was up with that? All the pictures I've seen of the mountain since it looks fine and operating, not "we barely managed to save the structure just in time" like he was saying.

If the show is cancelled do you get a refund if you paid for the buffet?
    If it rains?

Thanks,
    Carrie
    http://members.tripod.com/oefrl/1carrie.html"
    Carrie Ann's Page

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swanson

• ...lurks...

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I was sitting backstage by the exit to Haunted Mansion one night when I heard it go down. It was the part where Mickey pops on stage for the first time. The music quit and the lights went off after that point in the show, so we assumed Mickey's lift had not worked and he did not pop up like he's suppossed to. We went to check it out and they made an announcement about technical difficulties and cencelled the show.

My lead in New Orleans told me that when it premiered, it broke down pretty regularly and several times a riot practically broke out. People would throw garbage cans into the RoA and would be hanging from trees- she said it was pretty crazy and scary. People would wait for a long time to see it back then, so they just flipped when it would be cancelled.

OMG- just offer free churros just outside the exit for all fantasmic viewers that had their show cancelled. That'll do two things:

#1. Get everyone in a slightly better mood (cause hey, they're churros and they're free)

#2. They get everyone just outside the park, so if they are gonna hang off stuff and climb things, let them climb on the ticket booths and on palm trees and what not.

Oh, I guess there's a #3:

The Police Dept. and Fire Dept. can come in and hose em' down and book em' up if they get too psycho over a cancelled show!

• ROFLCOPTER

Riots? You could offer free or discounted Dole Whip and Churros.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Closed Account

Right before the River Rascals were about to perform, one of the fireworks on the center floating barge in RoA went off. I was standing right behind the "B" light tower, where the pyro control console is, and i could hear the head Special Effects Technician say: "What the hell was that?" I occasionally watch the show from the loading dock for the canoes, so I can watch the barges change from king louie to ariel. One time, when they were changing the fire columns to the plastic candles, one of the candles fell into the river, and the Ariel float did not go.