Yesterday I was able to go to the Animation Workshop for the first time. Before I go on, I want to say that the CM's do a great job. Both Carl (I believe it was his name) and Mel did the lesson. It is very hard to teach all day as well as be entertaining as the same time. They did a great job teaching us to draw Goofy.

But I felt a couple things were lacking. Children really were left out of the show. Children do not have the hand control to really draw in this way. I saw most just scribbling.

Second, the show lacks Disney magic. What needed to happen at the end of the show was to have goofy come to life and say, "Goosh, you all did a great job!" That would have added some magic to what is really more a lesson than fun. How can Disney have that happen? The teacher uses a lighted board that projects to a screen in the front for the audience to follow. All they have to do is run a short pre-prepared video at the end of the lesson of a drawn, animated Goofy. I know that they do a variety of characters. I don't see why not do several videos.

All I am saying is the Animation Workshop needs a touch of magic. Having the drawing come to life would give kids a little bit of fun. Walt loved doing that in his TV shows. Here is a chance to have it happen in real life.

Overall, I don't see this workshop lasting that long. I had fun once, but I cannot see going again unless I was really board. Not much expense was invested to make the room magical. I am sure that it will not be a loss in the long-run. I was hoping for a little more Disney in the workshop.

What do you think?