Son got to open the park

We were there Thursday morning for rope drop. We were standing in Kodak at the door. We were there first and were quietly waiting when a group of cheerleaders (5?6?) crowded in and kept trying to open the door and run out. The guy manning the door kept telling them to knock it off and even I told them to stop. I said "the park has been there for 55 years you can wait 3 more mins it isn't going anywhere" The guy came back and firmly told them to either stop it or he was going to lock off the door and make everyone move which would then make everyone mad at them. Then when he came back again to open the park he told my son that since he was so good NOT messing with the door, that he could "push the red button" and officially open the park. It played that guys voice "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BOYS AND GIRLS" etc and he gave him a sticker. DS11 was thrilled. Has anyone else done this? I haven't heard of "opening the park" before. All in all a wonderful time we opened and closed the park crowds larger than I expected but managable with a plan
    Janette

• Not a Minion

Re: Son got to open the park

I've never done it myself, but sounds really really cool to do.

(no comment on the way the cheerleaders were acting. people tend to be more wild in groups. take them individually and I'm sure that none of them would be behaving in such a way)

• Banned User

In reference to those cheerleaders...spoiled brats would be the operative words here.

• in the Golden Afternoon

That's cool! I hate when guests are rude and acting inapropriate. Especially when it's a group of teenagers. Not saying that all teenagers are like that!

• Swish and Flicker

People like those cheerleaders are probably one of the most irritating things in life.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Awww...how cute!

I would be so proud. Not only was your child behaving better than an older group, but he also got recognized for it. I would bet he'll remember that moment forever.

• The Study of Wumbo

I'm not familiar with what you mean by "door." Or "standing in Kodak." Is this DL or DCA?

Please excuse my ignorance for the West.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Awaken the spirits

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I'm not familiar with what you mean by "door." Or "standing in Kodak." Is this DL or DCA?

Please excuse my ignorance for the West.
    I've been to the parks a billion times and I don't know what they meant by that either.

But it's cool that your son got to open the park! It's too bad there are people like those girls who have to act that way.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

What I think they were saying was that they were waiting inside of the Kodak shop at the end of Main Street. On some days, guests are allowed to congregate on Main Street (and in the shops) prior to the park officially opening.

It sounds like they were waiting in the Kodak shop, which had it's doors closed, and the other group (referred to as cheerleaders) were trying to open the doors and run out of the shop, into the rest of the park, before official opening time.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    It sounds like they were waiting in the Kodak shop, which had it's doors closed, and the other group (referred to as cheerleaders) were trying to open the doors and run out of the shop, into the rest of the park, before official opening time.
    So there are doors that face out into the park, past the rope.

And their son got to open the park from those doors or out on Main Street?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Minion

This sounds really cool! We always go at park opening and I've never seen this "red button". Is it only in the Kodak shop or do you take it out in the front of the crowd on Main Street?

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget View Post
    ...that he could "push the red button" and officially open the park...
    The quotation marks lead me to believe that there is not an actual red button to push.
    -Hale (wumbology)